Skip to main content

Big Brother to air on Seven in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like seven is bringing back all the old favourites as they are casting for Farmer Wants a Wife now as well.

There is no way that is happening. Why would Nine delete their own Twitter and Facebook pages which have thousands of followers, only to have to get those followers to come back to their new pages. It doesn't make sense. And with Nine having Love Island they would not want to air 2 similar shows.

LI and BB both air on CBS in the US 💁🏻‍♂️... In fact they were airing simultaneously this past summer.

Aussie TV has gone a bit trashier since the days of Nine's BB. So I really hope this means they don't want this to be the sanitised kids version.
I don't want a trashy BB, well I want some trash, I just don't want a show designed for mum to watch with the kids. "Yay that funny man is making a face and doing a silly dance, vote for him mummy!
Something that'd allow itself to be a bit more adult if that's what happens.

Getting uneasy that 7 isn't actually going through with it and this is just a failed ploy by Endemol.

Getting uneasy that 7 isn't actually going through with it and this is just a failed ploy by Endemol.

They probably want to save the official announcement for 7's up-fronts on October 23.

I think the deleting of the Facebook page and the renaming of the Twitter account is a good sign that it is happening and moving networks. I could be wrong though. 7 did announce "The Rich House" in their up-fronts for 2018 but that show was quietly dropped. Is there anything particular that has made you concerned? If they don't announce Big Brother returning next year on October 23 then maybe we should start worrying or it could be a case of the refusal rights haven't expired yet.

Interestingly, the Farmer Wants A Wife FB and Twitter pages remain the same (with old links to nine and everything)
I wonder why they would start again from scratch with the BB socials and not FWAW?

I’ll be very surprised if they don’t announce it at the upfronts. It’s likely they are waiting on refusal still and can’t announce anything properly. Or they are just wanting to have a “big announcement” at the upfronts and refuse to say anything until then.

I personally feel as though nine would be so silly to renew the rights. There doing quite well right now and are pretty solid. To renew big brother for them would only drag them down and I don't think people would be willing to give them another go as they have damaged the show quite a bit. Im curious to see where seven would fit the show into their schedule. Most likely Q3/ into 4... Who even knows if they will renew house rules next year. It hasnt been doing to well...

idk why but im starting to really second guess tens casting from 2005-7. I just feel as though the people were shallow, conversations were shallow as well. 2005 was alright, its mainly 06, 07 got better but they were kind of confused with direction to go from the controversial s6. i didnt like the cast then being sold as hot, sexy, singles. alot of them actually had modelling backgrounds. For me a casting like 03/04 is perfect. Realish people, but a good mix of people who would also insight drama. If you look at uk bb, the show also started to cast "hot,sexy singles" from 2006-2007 it kind of became a trend. Those people werent really relatable, and it just felt as though you were watching people on a different level to you. I actually feel as though nine did a good job with casting, the problem was more how they were being portrayed/ what was shown of them. I know some of them were models but i could really only count a handfull. For me the best convos came out of 08, there was a good mix of people, and you could learn from them as they were learning from each other. but i do feel as though the high mix of personalities was too overwhelming and the casting didnt flow. whoever casts needs to look at past bbs and learn from mistakes. Theres alot to learn from and use to their advantage.

One more thing i would like to point out... the supposed eye that has been published out can actually tell you alot about the series to come.. although it is not confirmed you can still break it down... to me the 'plus and minuses' visible in the background are a reference to strategy, potentially statistics/gameplay, so that could almost confirm the show heading in a gameplay direction of some sort. However, if you look at the eye, (yes it does look like the logo of the show the circle), to me the circle and the way its portrayed are a reference to a social experiment. An eye has only ever been used for a social experiment version of the show. if you look at uk and canada they dont use eyes, they use logos, i feel if seven were gonna completely go with the us/can format, they would have most likely gone with a logo. i feel as though australia is very copycat in terms of tv, if one country does it, they will follow, and they feel to risky to be original.. although that could be argued. There are also like digital glitches in the logo, i feel like this is a reference to the show going forward and entering the future, however it could also be interpreted as social media involvement/ influence... entering a new generation... and thats my psychoanalysis of the logo.. however it isnt confirmed.. it probs may just be promotional eye.. but it can still say alot about the show and the direction they want it to go in... but i feel after all the talk from gretel, reggie, chrissie, ben about what the show should be about a 'social experiment' - it would kind of be offensive for them not to deliver it and go in their own root...

One more thing i would like to point out... the supposed eye that has been published out can actually tell you alot about the series to come.. although it is not confirmed you can still break it down... to me the 'plus and minuses' visible in the background are a reference to strategy, potentially statistics/gameplay, so that could almost confirm the show heading in a gameplay direction of some sort. However, if you look at the eye, (yes it does look like the logo of the show the circle), to me the circle and the way its portrayed are a reference to a social experiment. An eye has only ever been used for a social experiment version of the show. if you look at uk and canada they dont use eyes, they use logos, i feel if seven were gonna completely go with the us/can format, they would have most likely gone with a logo. i feel as though australia is very copycat in terms of tv, if one country does it, they will follow, and they feel to risky to be original.. although that could be argued. There are also like digital glitches in the logo, i feel like this is a reference to the show going forward and entering the future, however it could also be interpreted as social media involvement/ influence... entering a new generation... and thats my psychoanalysis of the logo.. however it isnt confirmed.. it probs may just be promotional eye.. but it can still say alot about the show and the direction they want it to go in... but i feel after all the talk from gretel, reggie, chrissie, ben about what the show should be about a 'social experiment' - it would kind of be offensive for them not to deliver it and go in their own root...

I think you're looking way too much into this, the promotional logo we've been shown so far to me is a bit of a copy of the 2014 UK eye with the plus and minuses added to give a trendy touch. When 9 announce the revival in late 2011, we were given a 2005-2007-esque promotional logo to use as a placeholder on social media with the official logo being revealed 3 or 4 months before the 2012 premiere, I strongly suspect this is the same for the 2020 revival.

Last edited:
I think you're looking way too much into this, the promotional logo we've been shown so far to me is a bit of a copy of the 2014 UK eye with the plus and minuses added to give a trendy touch. When 9 announce the revival in late 2011, we were given a 2005-2007-esque promotional logo to use as a placeholder on social media with the official logo being revealed 3 or 4 months before the 2012 premiere, I strongly suspect this is the same for the 2020 revival.
True lol. I probs over analysed.. but when i first did see it, i did actually think it was the 2014 bb uk eye... they do look very similar.. I wonder if it will actually be the eye though and whether they will use it for upfronts, or we may even get something new.. it might even change several times b4 launch..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back