Skip to main content

Big Brother to air on Seven in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob McKnight saying on Melbourne brekky radio this morning, looking like Gretel as host won't happen, but still possible. Mel Doyle possible, Chrissie Swan would love to do it. The Australian Survivor executive producer, who I think is Tim Toni but not sure is looking like the executive producer
Do you know the name of the radio station by any chance? I want to find the interview

Rob McKnight on the TV Blackbox podcast says that the EP will be Amelia Fisk. Her history include Australian Ninja Warrior, Australian Survivor, The Bachelorette Australia, Australia's Next Top Model, Beauty & The Geek & The Biggest Loser.

Rob McKnight on the TV Blackbox podcast says that the EP will be Amelia Fisk. Her history include Australian Ninja Warrior, Australian Survivor, The Bachelorette Australia, Australia's Next Top Model, Beauty & The Geek & The Biggest Loser.

Oh noooo. I wanted Tim Toni so it'd be more serious and more of a social experiment. Most of these shows listed are VERY produced and manufactured.

if she was part of survivor could that mean we'll be getting the bb usa treatment?
If they were converting the show away from the traditional format, then the smart thing for them to do would be to separate the revival as much as possible from it's previous format to avoid any negative comparisons while it airs and give it the best chance to be accepted by the public.

Therefore I'm choosing to believe that the fact they're chasing Gretel to host the show indicates that the "USA format" rumours hold no truth.

I'm more intrigued by who's going to be the voice of BB. I know it's mainly the producers, but I'd be so happy if the 04-07 guy returns.

Initially I was wanting Gretel to return as host, however, I think in order for her to come back the show would have to be majorly overhauled in a 2020 sense. I've been watching the circle and I think if BB were to include elements such as a ratings system and the use of digital communication throughout the house it could genuinely work. Otherwise, if it's the same BB from 2 decades ago, I don't really care who hosts because it'll be a flop regardless. Launch The Circle AU and have Gretel host that. Could you imagine the commentary she would provide on such a format? I'm salivating! 🤧🤧 The sooner we know the direction of BB 2020 the better! 🤭AB43366C-9034-4936-B384-680420A203B5.jpeg

If we can’t get Gretel back as host I was thinking what about Courtney Act?

I like her and she seems like a nice person. Courtney/Shane also won Celeb BB UK and was runner up in this years DWTS AU.

Don’t know how she would go but I think her name should be on the list for potential hosts. Give her an audition!

Has anyone else noticed that 9Go! are repeating CBBUS 2018 on Sundays at the moment? 🤔 This is the same season that was on 9Go! (and fast-tracked to 9Now) back in February 2018.

I don't know if Nine's CBBUS broadcast rights have any relation to BBAU, but the timing does seem suspicious.

bbau9-celebrityUS-on-9go-repeat-2019-october.gif

Has anyone else noticed that 9Go! are repeating CBBUS 2018 on Sundays at the moment? 🤔 This is the same season that was on 9Go! (and fast-tracked to 9Now) back in February 2018.

I don't know if Nine's CBBUS broadcast rights have any relation to BBAU, but the timing does seem suspicious.

View attachment 54903

Nah channel ten air The Bachelor Australia BUT Channel 9 has the US versions so not really an indication...

I think this was Gretel's lowest point of the show. The way she attacked and interrupted Michael was totally uncalled for. This was where there was no doubt whatsoever that she was completely over it.

The lowest of the low... I’m warming to the idea of her returning as presenter though. She could care less about the pay cheque. I don’t she’d sign on again without some sort of guarantee from production of a shift in tone and quality. Basically demands that only someone like Gretel could make...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back