Skip to main content

Big Brother to air on Seven in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened at the logies?
She hosted the 2009 Logies and her performance was widely panned. But I think she got butthurt by it because the criticism was disproportionate to the amount of airtime she received throughout the night.

Could be a red herring, or a copy mistake but I just noticed the copyright on the daily mail article:

19324864-7540299-image-a-28_1570256821266.jpg

I love Gretel but let's not forget how crotchety she got with it all in her last season. She was clearly over it, so she must be desperate for work to be so enthusiastic again about it now.

Nostalgia is a powerful drug.

Yeah I hardly remember any housemates from 9
There is a picture going round on a few of the articles linked to the comeback with Sonia and presumably a housemate who I have no recollection of at all.

Could be a red herring, or a copy mistake but I just noticed the copyright on the daily mail article:

19324864-7540299-image-a-28_1570256821266.jpg

It's the Daily Mail. It'll be made up bullshit.

Perhaps the host should be a relatively unknown entity that can make the role thier own. After all the main focus should be the house mates and if you get someone too famous to host then it will become about them. A lot of the music talent shows now are about the judges egos more than the contestants. They need to have some of these qualities we like in Gretel but not be her. Perhaps gretal could be the producer instead... At least she knows what the audience likes!

Not really. It talks about a fast paced quick turn around which means it would have to be a show that airs 24 hours after it is shot. The only reality show that's currently on TV that fits that bill is Love Island which is produced by ITV. So that ad was clearly referring to Big Brother.

Ah, sorry, I must have missed this entry in the dictionary of job requirements :rolleyes:

Seriously, though. The outline there is merely that successful applicants won't have the usual post-production length they would expect from scripted formats. It could just as easily apply to Lego Masters, MAFS, or Masterchef, each of which better fit the need for "a good sense of music editing".

She hosted the 2009 Logies and her performance was widely panned. But I think she got butthurt by it because the criticism was disproportionate to the amount of airtime she received throughout the night.

...yet Gretel's Logies gig also made it into a Logies-themed top 10 entertaining speeches clip show, which aired earlier this year. I'd forgotton the details, but TV Tonight refreshed my memory ;)

tvcaps-2019-logiestop10-gretel.jpg

By the way, hi!

Mike Goldman just posted this:

Couple of months back we went from this, to Big Brother Australia being back on the Channel 7. Congrats to the Endemol Shine Australia team for bringing the best show on TV back to the people.

Auditions are on now.

#bigbrother #bbau #bbau7

So 7 seems like the channel

I am looking forward to seeing BB being filmed in a different location. I think it allows for new types of rooms and areas to focus on. Lazing around the pool becomes such a big part of what they seem to do on the gold coast which makes for boring tv. if it is in Melbourne then they may not even have a pool as it would be too cold. (unless it is inside and heated).

Mike Goldman just posted this:

Couple of months back we went from this, to Big Brother Australia being back on the Channel 7. Congrats to the Endemol Shine Australia team for bringing the best show on TV back to the people.

Auditions are on now.

#️bigbrother #️bbau #️bbau7

So 7 seems like the channel
First reaction: good one, Mike! :rolleyes:

But it's likely he still doesn't know much more than we do at this point, and that post is probably based off all the "(un)confirmed" articles. If he was actually contracted he wouldn't be allowed to say anything until an official announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back