Skip to main content

Big Brother to air on Seven in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this could be talking about any reality show ever, you realise?

Not really. It talks about a fast paced quick turn around which means it would have to be a show that airs 24 hours after it is shot. The only reality show that's currently on TV that fits that bill is Love Island which is produced by ITV. So that ad was clearly referring to Big Brother.

Gretel is still my vote. And as I've said. She's happy for the cash.

It will be on one of the subsidiary channels not the main one (Launch on Main maybe but other shows on the other and online )...
So we can have a later start time and "up late" and play it like Britain did and swear and act up and be real.
Also more social media interaction that way. Big plus for them.

They will make it an adult show - which means the younger generation, which they want to appeal to, will be more into it.

I'm going to guess Channel 10 (because Gretel was on Masked singer and lets face it - it is publicity) Ten BOLD?

And they will cast real people AND a mix of instasluts and Bro-Boiz and get the conflict that way. And the interest.

Its Old House V New House.

Of course. Thats my theory.
I did suspect that 10 were considering it because of Gretel being on The Masked Singer, too. But also read on the Daily Mail "Channel 10 turned down the opportunity to air Big Brother because chief content officer Beverley McGarvey is 'not a fan of the show'." However, just because she doesn't like it doesn't mean it wouldn't work lol. Plus listening back to Gretel's interview with K&J she tends to say "we" a few times, not sure if that's referring to the fact that she's involved in the show, or just "we" as in the viewers. Probably just wishful thinking 😂

Just realised the new BBAU logo is basically a rip off of The Circle.

She also completely avoided the question when Jackie O asked her directly as well.

I'm guessing the reason for lack of confirmation is because it's unknown where the show is going to land. If Nine brings it back just to spite Seven, then sadly Sonia will probably be back. If it goes anywhere else, Gretel's in.

She also completely avoided the question when Jackie O asked her directly as well.
Even despite this, Gretel has spoken more positively and genuinely enthusiastic about Big Brother in the past week than she has about the show in the 12 years since she left it. I truly believe this is a good indication of whether there's some truth behind these rumours and, if Gretel is indeed on-board, where the direction of the show might be headed.

If Gretel is involved in any way I'm sure the ideas she's mentioned about the show's integrity and concept would have largely contributed to her return. There is no way she'd agree if it's going to be similar to Nine's era. She has not outright denied it when questioned, so that's enough reason for me...

Maybe that's why Gretel went on to the masked singer too? To get her name out in the public eye again for her return to big brother hosting duties?
Since the masked singer she's been on Sunrise at least twice from what I have seen. Girl is totally hosting if it does comeback!6653936D-13CE-417E-A59F-8D258C67B36B.jpeg

Since the masked singer she's been on Sunrise at least twice from what I have seen. Girl is totally hosting if it does comeback!
To be fair, Gretel has been a regular guest on Sunrise for many years, hence the "our very own Gretel" comment. But I agree there's definitely more to it.

Maybe that's why Gretel went on to the masked singer too? To get her name out in the public eye again for her return to big brother hosting duties?

What if 9 takes it back and Sonia becomes the host once again? How excellent would that be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back