Skip to main content

Big Brother to air on Seven in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering there is no house, no studio, no cast, it won't be in Q1 (up against MAFS).
Q2 is olympics territory so won't go there, but Olympics will rate well so provides a good platform for promotion
Most likely ends up in Q3, although if Ch7 are worried about clashing with AFL may end up Q4.

edit: I see it as most likely running (assuming 90 days/3 months):
1. August - October
2. October - December
3. April-June

April is typically the tail end of MKR season, and House Rules typically slots into that April-June gap. I would guess it's gonna be August, up against the non-All Stars Survivor. 7 don't screen Sunday AFL games and the Friday broadcast doesn't start till 7:30 usually anyway so it's not like Big Brother would interrupt their current broadcast schedule there.

Hopefully it'll get a new locale and a completely fresh start. Will be a lot cheaper to produce now with all the automated technology.

wouldn't be surprised if they go the BBCan route and build the house in a soundstage. Taking it away from QLD means the weather isn't going to be as optimal if it's outside the summer months

Hopefully it'll get a new locale and a completely fresh start. Will be a lot cheaper to produce now with all the automated technology.
Mike Goldman said on his podcast that there is technology for abroad versions of the show that automatically records every single housemate and puts their words into a text to speech system so all an editor will have to do is search for a contestant saying something about someone/something and then find the clip from that. Would save tonnes of money on cameramen and producers

April is typically the tail end of MKR season, and House Rules typically slots into that April-June gap. I would guess it's gonna be August, up against the non-All Stars Survivor. 7 don't screen Sunday AFL games and the Friday broadcast doesn't start till 7:30 usually anyway so it's not like Big Brother would interrupt their current broadcast schedule there.

It has been mentioned in the article that Seven will bring back weekly Sunday evictions which will replace the axed Sunday Night.

giphy.gif

BB is coming BACK!!?!?!?!?!!!!!
What sort of black magic miracle! Who will host? Gretel is obviously the dream but I'm not holding my breath. I hardly watch TV live anymore so not up with the Seven hosting options. Please not Shelley Craft and her horrid new hair. That's all I ask.

Also HA! at this place already ~pumping. Not seen so many 'online' members in an age.

sorry guys i am a bit confused what does the Q stand for

Quarter. Australian network television is usually broadcast within "Quarters" throughout the year. Roughly speaking, Q1 is Feb-Apr, Q2 Apr-Jul, Q3 i is Jul-Sep, Q4 Sep-Nov. December and January are "offseason" where ratings aren't counted and content quotas don't really apply

giphy.gif

BB is coming BACK!!?!?!?!?!!!!!
What sort of black magic miracle! Who will host? Gretel is obviously the dream but I'm not holding my breath. I hardly watch TV live anymore so not up with the Seven hosting options. Please not Shelley Craft and her horrid new hair. That's all I ask.
I would place money on it, it will be a Ch7 personality like Mel Doyle

Mike Goldman said on his podcast that there is technology for abroad versions of the show that automatically records every single housemate and puts their words into a text to speech system so all an editor will have to do is search for a contestant saying something about someone/something and then find the clip from that. Would save tonnes of money on cameramen and producers
Yes, I read an article about something like this. Using AI to automatically tag all the interesting conversations so the show can be put together faster (and presumably with fewer crew involved).

They had better resurrect live feeds though!

Any more info from their article? That site has crashed with all the excitement.

I'll just quote the whole thing -- credit to Robert McKnight from TV Blackbox

EXCLUSIVE | TV Blackbox can reveal which network will air BIG BROTHER in 2020
As production commences on a new series of the much-loved reality TV show, TV Blackbox can reveal where it’s going… and why!
Earlier today, TV Blackbox revealed one of Australia’s first reality shows, Big Brother, would be returning in 2020.
Since that original article was posted our sources have discovered more information about the new season.
Production company Endemol Shine has been keen to bring the format back to Australia and has spent several months pitching to local networks. Ultimately it was Channel 7 who decided to pick up the format with Channel 10’s Chief Content Officer Bev McGarvey said not to be a fan of the show and Channel 9 already have a strong slate planned for 2020 (and their version of the franchise was widely panned).

TV Blackbox also understands the axing of Sunday Night was tied into Seven commissioning Big Brother. Not only will the budget from that show be used to fund the series but its Sunday night timeslot will be used for weekly evictions.
CEO James Warburton has stated he intends to spend money on content and programming and a series such as Big Brother fills a LOT of slots.
Other sources tell TV Blackbox original host Gretel Killeen has not ruled out returning to the show - if the price is right.
Endemol Shine is expected to announce a casting call over the next few days.

Robert McKnight

Co-Creator and Editor of the TV Blackbox website, Robert McKnight is highly regarded Australian Television Producer, he has worked at SEVEN, NINE and TEN, and is most well-known for creating and producing STUDIO 10. Currently Rob is the host and producer of the TV Blackbox, McKnight Tonight and Monsters Who Murder podcasts.
TWITTER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back