Skip to main content

Big Brother: The records (The statistics page)

About the longest final:

Big Brother has set yet another world record – registering the longest series finale in TV history. Bulgaria’s third season of Big Brother VIPs ended on May 10 with an 11-hour marathon.

The show started at 3 p.m. and ended well after 1 a.m. The whole nation was watching that day eager to find out who would grab the title, ‘Star with the Biggest Heart’ in the charity-driven season, which spanned for two months.

The first half of the finale (3 - 7 pm) had an average share of 38.1% in the 18-49 demo. The second half (8pm - 1:15 am) received a whopping 48.5% in the target group. The winner was announced around 12.30 am and attracted 74.2% of the viewers aged 18 to 49.

Naturally, the fantastic performance secured Nova with the daily win – a market share of 35.1%, leaving main competitor bTV trailing at 24%.

I would guess if BB Germany last till it's intended finish date (which considering current ratings isn't guaranteed), we're probably guaranteed that record will continue through to September with BBUK/USA, and then through to the end of the year with Spain.

It's a good thing that BB Germany wasn't cut short as it was the only BB on air last Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

The last time we were as low as one Big Brother on air was 6th January 2008 when only Big Brother Celebrity Hijack UK was on air.

I guess the US overlap will ensure Big Brother is continually being broadcast 24/7 throughout the summer.

I guess the US overlap will ensure Big Brother is continually being broadcast 24/7 throughout the summer.

Yes, and assuming that BB US is still going on 6th September, we are guaranteed the run to last until at least 6th December as BB4 Africa will be on air.

Yes, and assuming that BB US is still going on 6th September, we are guaranteed the run to last until at least 6th December as BB4 Africa will be on air.
Baby Chenbot will have to hold out then. Reports they'll just be 12 HMs (sorry, houseguests) this year, so it could end early

Yes Australia and Slovenia have been the safety net in recent years, but both are gone now.
In a way I kind of miss Slovenia more. Couldn't understand a word of it, but from what I saw I thought they'd done a pretty good job with their first two series.

I'm thinking now the time is right for a Big Brother Europe. Always thought the language barrier would prevent it, but heck, Eurovision's been going strong for 50 years - just force them to all speak English.

Even if BB USA finishes earlier it shouldn't be a problem as there are always lots of Big Brothers on air at that time of year. BB Finland has always started late August.

We have a lot of seasons in this autumn: BB5 Finland, BB4 Africa, GH6 Argentina, GH11 Spain, GF10 Italy, BB6 Croatia and VB3 Serbia.

More seasons at same time?

We have a lot of seasons in this autumn: BB5 Finland, BB4 Africa, GH6 Argentina, GH11 Spain, GF10 Italy, BB6 Croatia and VB3 Serbia.

More seasons at same time?

Add to that BB5 Bulgaria which is not yet officially announced but 99% certain and BB3 Philippines which doesn't have a start date yet but will probably launch August or September.

The record for the most BB's on air at the same time is 10. The last time we had 10 BB's on air was 20th October-1st December 2005 (BB6 Germany, BB1 Philippines, BB5 Netherlands, BB1 Finland, BB1 Czech, BB2 Croatia, BB1 Slovakia, BB2 Bulgaria, BB4 Greece, GH7 Spain).

Incredible 10 season at same time! But I think that 9 seasons at same time in this moments it's very amazing.

Baby Chenbot will have to hold out then. Reports they'll just be 12 HMs (sorry, houseguests) this year, so it could end early

They are also rumored to have a few intruders... I don't anticipate the season will be cut short if anything it maybe a week but not more... The 13th of September is more than likely the finally date... Robyn Kass is saying not to read too much into things and she expects the season to run as normal...

Last night BB UK extended it's record of the first evictee being female in all 10 main editions.

When Isaac entered the BBUK house last week he became the 253rd UK housemate.

The UK has now overtaken Germany as the country with the most housemates.

Top 5
1) UK = 253
2) Germany = 252
3) Spain = 173
4) Australia = 160
5) Italy = 155

The voluntary exit of Isaac from BBUK is the 18th in BBUK history. The UK is now in second place behind Germany.

Top 5
1) Germany = 49
2) UK = 18
3) Bulgaria = 17
4) Spain = 16
5) Denmark = 15

Isaacs exit was also the fourth voluntary exit in the BB10 edition, which is the most for a BB UK edition, but is not a record for a worldwide edition. That record is held by BB5 Germany which had 18 walkers.

Top 3
1) BB5 Germany = 18
2) BB6 Germany = 11
3) BB1 Denmark = 7

Wow, those are some dubious records I'm not sure any country would aspire to hold, graham!

I was wondering how the UK had had so many HMs but they have had a lot of CBBs haven't they? I know Germany has had year-long BBs, which explains the number of HMs/quitters.

Wow, those are some dubious records I'm not sure any country would aspire to hold, graham!

I was wondering how the UK had had so many HMs but they have had a lot of CBBs haven't they? I know Germany has had year-long BBs, which explains the number of HMs/quitters.

Yes, including spin-offs the UK has had 19 editions.

I think Denmark has the highest ratio of quitters per housemate. They had 15 quitters out of 67 Housemates (meaning about 22% of housemates walked).

Back