Skip to main content

BIG BROTHER IS BACK ON 10 IN 2019!!! [April Fools]

wasn't gretel infamous for grilling the male housemates? not that some of them didn't deserve it....

wasn't gretel infamous for grilling the male housemates? not that some of them didn't deserve it....

The premise behind BB is that the viewers are the ultimate judge of the HM’s not BB, not the narrator, or the presenter... Regardless of how a particular HM behaved in the house... As I said before spoon feeding viewers should never be considered a good thing...

This interview is a perfect example of what I’m talking about... She essentially backed Michael in to a corner about a particular subject and once the bitch switch was flipped the interview basically went nowhere...

This type of behaviour isn’t productive nor is it Gretel’s role to hold him accountable for anything even if she believed he was wrong...

Here’s the actual clip that was shown... While I don’t think it was “edited” per-say I think it was conveniently cut short and used strategically to leave an ambiguous impression...

At the end of the day I don’t believe a show that is meant to be a “sociological experiment” where the viewers ultimately determine who stays, who goes, and who the eventual winner is should be spoon fed information... It seems counter productive and IMO is the show saying that viewers are incapable of making an informed decision on their own...

The same can also be said even if the viewers weren’t in such an influential role... I find Jeff Probst to be just as obnoxious... The way he tries to stir up drama on Survior is essentially saying that those playing are incapable of deciding on their own how they wany to play the game... Even if the contestants are incompetent it’s still the viewers who ultimately decide whether or not a series is good or bad...

I’m sorry for mutiple and somewhat long winded posts...

unfortunately, big brother australia has a long history of viewer manipulation. like they think we are too stupid to understand what they are doing. but we do, we do. they try and pick a favourite and push them on to us. i remember how ben from bb13 got all those chances. luckily the voting public was wise enough not to make him the winner and actually gave it to someone who deserved to win.

i wonder how gretel's interview style would go down today compared to a decade or so ago?

Ten just lost their rights to show the Big Bash League cricket and will need something to show during the summer to make up for the many hours Big Bash took up. Now could be the perfect time to trial a summer edition of Big Brother, with them no longer spending millions on the cricket they will also have the funds to make it happen.

Ten just lost their rights to show the Big Bash League cricket and will need something to show during the summer to make up for the many hours Big Bash took up. Now could be the perfect time to trial a summer edition of Big Brother, with them no longer spending millions on the cricket they will also have the funds to make it happen.

That would be amazing. I would audition for it.

they'll just whack on some ncis repeats.

but let's say they do decide to hold a summer big brother in australia. what would the time frame be? and surely it wouldn't run over christmas?

but let's say they do decide to hold a summer big brother in australia. what would the time frame be? and surely it wouldn't run over christmas?

It would be replacing Big Bash League. So it would start just after Christmas and continue until February.

It would run from November to the end of January. Of course it would run over Christmas if it's in summer. It's not like they can send the housemates home over Christmas/New Year.

but they'll miss christmas! presents, turkey, prawns, and summer. i can't see many potential housemates agreeing to staying in a house away from their family and friends during that holiday period.

but they'll miss christmas! presents, turkey, prawns, and summer. i can't see many potential housemates agreeing to staying in a house away from their family and friends during that holiday period.

Big Brother US runs over summer every year and has been now going for 18 seasons. They seem to have no problem.

As I said when this came to light this could be an opportunity for Big Brother to return to Ten - with the loss of the Big Bash and I'm a Celeb seriously under performing they really do need to strengthen Q1, and I don't think they've got much choice other than to push on the entertainment front, and actually perhaps get in early with content that'll appeal to the non-sports fan and be brave enough to go head to head with the Big Bash and Australian Open, even if that might seem to be a suicide mission.

As much as I'd love Big Brother to be the franchise that does the job I'm not sure it would be strong enough at the moment, but perhaps Masterchef would be, so moving that to Q1 then putting Big Brother back in it's traditional Q2 slot after Easter could be a way for it to return. Still has to rate of course though.

Back