Skip to main content

Big Brother House Tour: Now open to visitors during Easter Show

Yep that’s what I really don’t like about the house. It’s basically just a TV set. The housemates are actors and follow the script.
Seeing that DR totally breaks the fourth wall. It's obvious the show has become more and more produced/manipulated/faked since -- well really 2008 tbh. Ten manipulated the outcome they wanted, then Nine took up the baton and by removing the live streams all transparency was finally gone. And how obvious it was.

Obviously the HMs from the very start in 2001 were at times aware of the cameras and playing up to them (windscreen wiper, anyone?), much of the time what we saw came naturally. Going into this DR would really drive home to them all how fake/contrived everything is. And yeah I know there are ridiculous lighting rigs everywhere. But mostly you're not looking up at the ceiling.

I think the DR has often been where the 4th wall is broken for the housemates, though it's still usually decorated all the way around, just more basically off-camera.

Hard to tell from the video but is the house open to the pavillion roof or is there a false ceiling?

I’ll give them credit, that metallic cutout eye pattern paneling they have inside the entrance eye and above the bed heads is pretty camp

I hate seeing the rigging in the roof, however at least this one does have an actual ceiling, unlike the last house location.

Back