Skip to main content

"Big Brother: House of Love" confirmed for late 2023

Nothing is going to work now, they’ve tarnished the BB name again and we’ll have to wait years for another network to bring it back.
It’s really depressing.

It still boggles my mind how a streaming platform has not jumped on this kind of show. How many people just check Netflix on Friday evening while having dinner for something new? Imagine if every night they had a reason to open the app on their TV when not binging.

I know the platforms have struggled with some regular style programming but it was never daily programming.

Well Blow Up has severely flopped (I mean who didn't see that coming). They've already pushed that to one of the forgotten channels and moved 1% Club to Mondays to cover the gap. They're about to start Million Dollar Island and Dancing With The Stars soon which leaves just The Voice, MKR, SAS and Big Brother as their tentpole programming for the year. Unless I'm missing a program, they don't have much left for the year so it would be incredibly dumb to shelf an already filmed program they spent cash on but with 7 who knows.

with Blow Up being a massive fail, Idol not delivering another spectacular for 7, and I don't see Million Dollar Island being a success either (seeing that all the international seasons were flops). The only real success stories of the year so far has been 1% Club and Farmer Wants A Wife. It'll be interesting to see how Big Brother fairs if it maintains its audience and if so what is Seven's next step with the format in the future.

I guess the idea of knowing a season of Big Brother was filmed over a full year prior to it eventually airing, with the contestants and final-three literally having to act like they remember wtf happened more than 12 months ago, is just bizarre...

Seven really did kill Big Brother like no one else in the world has.

Seven really did kill Big Brother like no one else in the world has.
I’m pretty sure it was the same person who was behind the Nine revival that commissioned the show at Seven… If that’s true it wasn’t Seven killing the show like no other it was the same person coming back to finish the job.

Blow Up was such a predictable flop, as was Ultimate Tag and Holey Moley - and of course pre-recorded Big Brother and a BBVIP filled with tabloid trash and reality nobodies got the success they deserved. At least BB should be free of Seven by the end of the year. Presumably they've not coughed up to lock out a revival elsewhere for as long as Nine did, although another 5 years in the wilderness is probably what the show needs.

Blow Up was such a predictable flop, as was Ultimate Tag and Holey Moley - and of course pre-recorded Big Brother and a BBVIP filled with tabloid trash and reality nobodies got the success they deserved. At least BB should be free of Seven by the end of the year. Presumably they've not coughed up to lock out a revival elsewhere for as long as Nine did, although another 5 years in the wilderness is probably what the show needs.
No doubt Seven have first dibs on any revival moving forward but that doesn’t necessarily mean another network is locked out. I’d also say that given how drastically different this revival was over past revivals less time is needed. If ITV are successful with their relaunch the clock is ticking on others following suit. Other shows like Dancing with the Stars, AGT, and The Voice have all been revived quite quickly by other networks… In this case I don’t see why BB could be any different.

Was Blow Up a show about making things out of balloons? Why would that ever be thought to be a good idea. At least LEGO has a huge range of scope and most people played with it growing up and when as adults realise they can drop hundreds of dollars on toys to find escape from their meaningless lives.

Netflix and others have endless shows of people making things with glass, scrap metal and whatever. There's even a show of people making swords and knives with a million seasons, but it's not designed to be big event TV. Just niche.

As mentioned above BB VIP. I literally can't remember if I watched that and wiped it from my memory or if I just sat that out.

I pop in periodically to see if there are any updates on this show. I have a morbid curiosity, I don't even plan to watch it. I'm surprised we've entered June and there is still no news... So bizarre.

I pop in periodically to see if there are any updates on this show. I have a morbid curiosity, I don't even plan to watch it. I'm surprised we've entered June and there is still no news... So bizarre.
Can't be bothered scrolling back but I seem to recall it's scheduled for Q4, so there's nothing to say, really.

There's a show about making things with balloons? hahaha pathetic.
Anyway, I was wondering if BB was going to start soon but I guess not!

Making things from balloons or dominos etc. used to be just a weekly task on Big Brother - now they're reality shows in their full right.

I think the problem with a show like Blow Up is not only is it derivative and not the sort of thing people want to watch for 90 minutes three times a week, but they go too high on the expertise level - just read the finalists had 16 hours for their final challenge. I think if it's just a couple of hours, like most cookery shows, viewers look on and think they could probably achieve something similar themselves (even if there is no chance of matching the final product).

Bloody youtube age restriction.
The video is Big Brother Australia's - Marty & Jess: An Outback Wedding! (Episode 1/2004) (HD)

So cringe.
have to admit the age restriction notice got me to click & play
however, not easily understanding the words w/o closed captioning haha

Back