Skip to main content

"Big Brother: House of Love" confirmed for late 2023

Just because YOU do doesn’t mean the word isn’t offensive. It also doesn’t give you permission to decide it’s acceptable for someone to use in a public forum.
Oh just grow up. "Wahh I'm so offended by some words on the internet from a complete stranger likely in a different country! I want to show how progressive I am by calling them out on it!" Just shut up, you're so cringe😆

Unfortunately there is a lot of stars that need to align for the live format to even be considered, Australian Idol being the only show I can think of in a long time being live, all eyes will be seeing how that fares. Then seeing if the UK revives well and how bad ratings will be for this years Australian series (but I doubt 'house of love' theme will change the shows ratings trajectory).

The Dutch/Belgian format for this years show seems like a really good live format in the traditional show structure (public evictions). They have a lot of game mechanism that keep the episodes moving such as a take on the UK's 2018 Big Coins plus Head of Household and House nominations.

Oh just grow up. "Wahh I'm so offended by some words on the internet from a complete stranger likely in a different country! I want to show how progressive I am by calling them out on it!" Just shut up, you're so cringe😆
I’m quite capable of speaking for myself thank you.

Last edited:
is this the last season they have under the contract to film at the White Pavillion?

If the dream scenario of BB returning live in 2024 like the 7 bossman said it is an option they’re looking at if the UK revival goes well, surely that location would be too close to civilian access to have live filming and outside contact.
I just can't see why Seven would shell out on keeping the house up at the White Pavillion for an entire year when they don't need to be filming in there at all in 2023. Surely cheaper to strip it out then start again next year - if it is renewed and continues with the pre-recorded format then they can set up again in 2024 and film two series within a year. If it goes live (unlikely even if BBUK is a hit - after all every other version that's still successful is live) then I don't think the White Pavillion would be a suitable venue for a live series anyway.

I just can't see why Seven would shell out on keeping the house up at the White Pavillion for an entire year when they don't need to be filming in there at all in 2023. Surely cheaper to strip it out then start again next year - if it is renewed and continues with the pre-recorded format then they can set up again in 2024 and film two series within a year. If it goes live (unlikely even if BBUK is a hit - after all every other version that's still successful is live) then I don't think the White Pavillion would be a suitable venue for a live series anyway.
I’m afraid it’s all coming to an end again.
it will be gone a long time too after this before being brought back to TV.

Confirmed it won't air till Q4 and they've dropped the House of Love sub-branding - though that always seems to be more for advertisers than viewers.

Big Brother has also completed filming (save for its finale), but Seven is dumping an early subtitle it teased.

“We won’t be calling it House of Love, it will just be Big Brother, ” he confirms.

“We tried over the years to broaden Big Brother out and had varying success on broadcast. We’ve tried to make it pre-recorded, family safe, more games. This will be a more stripped-back, traditional Big Brother, where the cast is younger.

“There won’t be so much gameplay, it’ll go back to more Big Brother from the past. It was becoming almost Survivor-esque. During COVID we had control over it, it was an amazing thing. We’ve now thought there’s so much in that space, let it be more raw Big Brother.”

Confirmed it won't air till Q4 and they've dropped the House of Love sub-branding - though that always seems to be more for advertisers than viewers.

While not really ideal this sounds like a stopgap measure… As speculated earlier they’re waiting to see how the BBUK revival goes before plotting their next move. Although I’m not really sure why they’re waiting. The vast majority of BBUK news has been positive, well received, and other than the revival being kept brief it doesn’t sound like ITV are really reinventing the wheel. IMO sitting in the rights for a year before making a decision would be better than dishing up yet another substandard format.

Last edited:
Sounds positive 👏🏽
If true...

But personally it sounds like nonsense to me. I hope I am wrong.

We won’t be calling it House of Love, it will just be Big Brother, ” he confirms.
They are not calling it "House of Love" but that does not mean the twist was abandoned.

“We tried over the years to broaden Big Brother out and had varying success on broadcast. We’ve tried to make it pre-recorded, family safe, more games. This will be a more stripped-back, traditional Big Brother, where the cast is younger.
The upcoming season was pre-recorded and family safe so what is his point? Even if there are less games/challenges, there is still no live element or public vote for it to even remotely resemble "traditional Big Brother."

“There won’t be so much gameplay, it’ll go back to more Big Brother from the past. It was becoming almost Survivor-esque. During COVID we had control over it, it was an amazing thing. We’ve now thought there’s so much in that space, let it be more raw Big Brother.”
Translation: "We've now realised we have produced a pile of shit, alienated current fans, and will fail to attract new fans with unoriginal content in an oversaturated market. The series is already filmed, but we hope that our revised promotional efforts focused on youth and nostalgia can lure a broad audience."

It sounds to me like they're going with they're taking the second half of the weekly format from last year which included noms and was sold as a throwback to the classic era and running more with that, dumping the basic Seven format - which whilst not traditionally Big Brother was the stronger part IMO. I don't think a format where the housemates nominate and then the same housemates vote to evict really works, and take the challenges out of this incarnation of Big Brother and you really don't have much left.

Dumping it at the very back end of the year suggests little faith in it really considering it's aired in roughly the same mid-year slot the last three years - and the only time it aired nearer the end of the year it flopped spectacularly with BBVIP. Even if it subsequently returns I suspect they'll take 2024 off.

It sounds to me like they're going with they're taking the second half of the weekly format from last year which included noms and was sold as a throwback to the classic era and running more with that, dumping the basic Seven format - which whilst not traditionally Big Brother was the stronger part IMO. I don't think a format where the housemates nominate and then the same housemates vote to evict really works, and take the challenges out of this incarnation of Big Brother and you really don't have much left.

Dumping it at the very back end of the year suggests little faith in it really considering it's aired in roughly the same mid-year slot the last three years - and the only time it aired nearer the end of the year it flopped spectacularly with BBVIP. Even if it subsequently returns I suspect they'll take 2024 off.
I strongly believe that the competitive format was never the issue with this era but more that the decision to pre-record the show fundamentally changed storytelling to the point where the show didn’t feel like BB anymore.

If they’re putting it up against the block, they’re fucked.
And that could be part of the plan… While I’ve speculated that BBAU may have a future based on how BBUK’s revival goes the opposite could be true as well. Seven might be using this as a final nail in the coffin to make the show unappealing to other networks who might be tempted to snatch it up based on how if preforms in the UK.

I strongly believe that the competitive format was never the issue with this era but more that the decision to pre-record the show fundamentally changed storytelling to the point where the show didn’t feel like BB anymore.
Totally agree. Once it's no longer live, then the appeal is completely lost. The excitement is that you experience the show alongside the housemates.

With all the time passed, lack of any hype or anticipation, and scheduling competition, this series will be lucky to pull VIP numbers. It's difficult to imagine that all the executives, producers, etc. are *that* incompetent. Feels more like they have thrown in the towel at this point.

With all the time passed, lack of any hype or anticipation, and scheduling competition, this series will be lucky to pull VIP numbers. It's difficult to imagine that all the executives, producers, etc. are *that* incompetent. Feels more like they have thrown in the towel at this point.

It's possible they pushed it right back because they were worried that it will perform badly (i.e. they're already aware that this season sucks), and they don't want it to undermine any ratings progress they make in the early part of the year. By the time this airs, they might already be crowing about having "won the year", so by then it won't matter if it tanks.

Back