Skip to main content

"Big Brother: House of Love" confirmed for late 2023

Upfronts today! I really try to be optimistic each season but they make it extremely hard to do so… Big Brother: The House of Love

They did singles in 2005 but the difference was it wasn’t the overarching storyline, like this season will no doubt be. Maybe we’ll see less gameplay as I don’t know how romance and a heavy gameplay can work together.View attachment 59351
IN0DvlT.png

The last thing BBAU needs in this pre-recorded format is a focus on singles and relationships. FFS.

The relationship stuff was only ever interesting in the live format. Not the edited and forced shit.

w7MeEtq.gif

I remember when Love Island first started it was kind of cool that it was being recorded live and episodes coming out within 24 hours, the total non puritans said it was almost like having BB back. So it seems almost ironic that BB is now presumably morphing it that show.

I can appreciate that Love Island and MAFS are popular, although bachie and BIP are basically dead so I would say people are getting fatigued on dating formats anyway. I didn’t mind couples forming in the channel 10 era but I remember when it was very couple heavy it became a bit boring anyway.

Anyway, doesn’t matter as I won’t be watching. If an All Stars season couldn’t draw me in then there is nothing the new format could serve up for me that would.

I remember when Love Island first started it was kind of cool that it was being recorded live and episodes coming out within 24 hours, the total non puritans said it was almost like having BB back. So it seems almost ironic that BB is now presumably morphing it that show.

I can appreciate that Love Island and MAFS are popular, although bachie and BIP are basically dead so I would say people are getting fatigued on dating formats anyway. I didn’t mind couples forming in the channel 10 era but I remember when it was very couple heavy it became a bit boring anyway.

Anyway, doesn’t matter as I won’t be watching. If an All Stars season couldn’t draw me in then there is nothing the new format could serve up for me that would.

Even more ironic is that this year's the entire season of Love Island Australia has been pre-recorded and multiple endings have been filmed. I don't know what's this obsession that TV networks in Australia have now with pre-recording everything.

Are they that hard up for money?

Even more ironic is that this year's the entire season of Love Island Australia has been pre-recorded and multiple endings have been filmed. I don't know what's this obsession that TV networks in Australia have now with pre-recording everything.

Are they that hard up for money?

I wonder if it's just because of the dumb times we live in. They don't want to leave anything to chance, so we get a constructed product. With a heavily controlled and managed narrative. Maybe the younger tik tok generations wouldn't watch the old format?

Maybe they worry there'd be endless dumb social media out rages, too much chance for not enough to happen or the wrong things to happen.

The next season of BB will be significantly trimmed down from 30 episodes to 20.

Should mean less need for fake evictions. Suspect it'll go back to evictions every episode as having two different formats running each week was somewhat odd.

I wonder if it's just because of the dumb times we live in. They don't want to leave anything to chance, so we get a constructed product. With a heavily controlled and managed narrative. Maybe the younger tik tok generations wouldn't watch the old format?

Maybe they worry there'd be endless dumb social media out rages, too much chance for not enough to happen or the wrong things to happen.

To quote @Mustard

Anecdotally on whether or not the old format is viable;

Gran Hermano (Big Brother Argentina) started last week after a 6 year hiatus with 24 hour live streams. The premiere was the largest tv debut for a show in 2022, and I’ve seen pirate (?) streams of the feeds on twitch hit a peak of 27000 viewers even a week in, with chat popping off pretty well.

In terms of interest and viewership, the traditional format absolutely still works.

So I think the old format could absolutely work in Australia too. There is a reason why every country but Australia films BB live, it just works.

I actually much prefer long shows because I feel like we get to spend more times with the cast, and the more time = more storylines, and we get to see more facets and layers to the HMs as opposed to just their initial personality/storyline.
I'd rather have 30 min eps 6-7 days a week, plus evictions, nominations etc, Ten-style. Enough to leave you wanting more, and seek out the live streams. Movie length eps 3-4 nights in a row is exhausting. Especially if you want to watch other shows (which I guess is why they do it: to lock you in).

I'd rather have 30 min eps 6-7 days a week, plus evictions, nominations etc, Ten-style. Enough to leave you wanting more, and seek out the live streams. Movie length eps 3-4 nights in a row is exhausting. Especially if you want to watch other shows (which I guess is why they do it: to lock you in).

Completely agree. Especially these days when there is almost too much choice.

I actually much prefer long shows because I feel like we get to spend more times with the cast, and the more time = more storylines, and we get to see more facets and layers to the HMs as opposed to just their initial personality/storyline.

Agree. There's also some sort of experience for you as a viewer watching it unfold in real-time. You're much more connected to it and interested in everything. Especially being on this forum. It's way more engaging. Then there's the live blogs, live streams, uplate and other things to keep up in real time. Not just watching something filmed and edited months ago. It's not the same. There's not the same connection to the cast.

Also when it's not live, the show is just dead for the half a week it isn't airing episodes. I don't like that. Even in the Nine era there were still live blogs and stuff to follow along on the weekend.

Now that would be the theory but in practice I think you learn far less about the housemates and events in the house in a 90 minute episode of C7 Big Brother than you did in half an hour of C10 Big Brother.

Gran Hermano (Big Brother Argentina) started last week after a 6 year hiatus with 24 hour live streams. The premiere was the largest tv debut for a show in 2022, and I’ve seen pirate (?) streams of the feeds on twitch hit a peak of 27000 viewers even a week in, with chat popping off pretty well.
Worth noting the feeds are free too as they've opted to put them on Pluto rather than Paramount+.

Just realised think most misunderstood me.

I meant lower shows as in more days. I think more days = more psychological mayhem with the housemates, the longer they're there, the more we see their real selves.

Always love the inevitable midway storyline of the two best friends who get into a major fight.

Back