Skip to main content

Big Brother House Destroyed by Fire

There really is nothing to the main house - here's an internal pic when the house was gutted in 2012:

View attachment 54687
Exactly, and really this has no bearing on if the show is revived and whether it would be revived in Australia considering the house had already been stripped technically speaking anyway. Most Big Brother houses nowadays are just a sound stage or equivalent, and it's the internal and technical fit out that costs, not the shell. Arguably now the demo has largely been done and with an insurance cheque in the post relaunching at Dreamworld is as possible as ever. Or at the very least it's a House Rules special should Channel 7 look at the rights.

There really is nothing to the main house - here's an internal pic when the house was gutted in 2012:

View attachment 54687
Exactly! Everyone’s freaking out over it but the house was just in a shell. Concrete walls and a corrugated iron roof. It was always gutted when they started from scratch. The only reason why it’s more significant is that instead of a bulldozer pulling the internals out, it’s all gone up in flames.

It’s not as though any of the internal facets could have been utilesed for any future series anyway - it was trashed.

So there is no reason why it couldn’t just be built again. Remembering the 2001 house was built in 6 weeks. Obviously that was a very basic house compared to those later, however the “shell setup” wouldn’t take long, everything such as Cameras cabling, tv’s etc, was removed and reinstated each season anyway. The rest is just plumbing, wiring and internals walls.

Although sad that the remnants of the old shell are now all gone, I’m glad its been put out of its misery in a way. Beyond 2006 when all the extensions were added on it was a bit of a mess as an overall structure and site and it’s state until a few weeks ago was atrocious anyway.

I do think the one thing out of it being reborn on 9 was the 2012 and 2013 house designs. They were great and used the space well. 2014 was hideous in hindsight though. Trash.

In
Interesting that it seems the extension that was added in front of the original house shell (yard entrance to inside the house) appears to have no trace of existing in those photos post fire. That’s in comparison to the existing 2001 shell which is still there in essence.
Must have been a pretty cheap extension in comparison and shows how solid the original build was.

Yes, it looks like all the camera runs only had one concrete 'tilt-up' wall - everything else is timber, including the added extensions on the west side.

What troubles me is the bend in the rear wall of the main building. I seems to have been pulled inwards at the middle by the collapsing roof structure.

With the heat of the fire, and the water content, I wonder how the concrete has fared.

Agree, they should have armed guards there to shoot down all the drones.

EDIT: Apparently they do, found this in a youtube comments: "I just tried to go their today to see whats left after the fire but theres security cars that sit there 24/7 now". That's a relief!!

Last edited:
It's weird they havent even bothered with security fencing. Though it should just be bulldozed now.

Back