Skip to main content

Big Brother House Destroyed by Fire

Lol

"The charges came after the show's former narrator, Mike Goldman, said the fire had disrupted plans for a celebrity fundraising sleepout and that it was a great loss for Australia to see such a highly rated and long-running television show go up in flames."

unbelievable. my only hope is that those kids are just dropkicks with too much time on their hands and it's not because they've been raised in a bad home situation or anything.

Lol

"The charges came after the show's former narrator, Mike Goldman, said the fire had disrupted plans for a celebrity profileraising sleepout and that it was a great loss for me to see such a highly paid and long-running television career go up in flames."

Poor old Mike.

Not surprised... I’ve been saying all along that the property owners continued neglect to improve security on the site would lead to no good. I’m shocked to hear that there were no serious injuries...

I also agree with @Tim... Sad to see it go but glad it’s finally gone. If BB were to return it needed a new home anyways...

Seemed inevitable but it was kind of a waste sat there doing nothing.

Considering how few Big Brother houses there are in the world though it's amazing how many have gone up in flames - a few years ago in the space of a year the houses in Italy, Africa and I think a third (possibly one of the Indian ones) went up in flames, and in the first two cases had to be rebuilt in weeks ahead of a new series.

Last edited:
Just seen this on the news.
I'm wondering if a rebuild will prompt a new season 😊

The Facebook vid from Mike Goldman as posted on TV Tonight just seems quite disrespectful to the fire service IMO and to genuine victims of house fires. I get what he's trying to do and he makes a very valid point about many people not even having a house, but as is often the case with Mike Goldman it comes across to me as rather self important and quite frankly I find it as tasteful as throwing food at the Mexican flag.

was only looking at my photos the other day that i took with my drone about a year ago, might go back in a couple days and get some shots of it now

Notice how all the trees around it have been cleared? Ardent Leisure (owners of Dreamworld) have sold the land to a developer.

The house was earmarked for demolition soon anyway.

End of an era, before the advent of smart phones, Facebook etc. Introduced us to live streaming, video calls with their Vodaphone cross promotions but more importantly gave us an insight into the future.

Nowadays it’s all the norm & teenagers don’t get it nor see what the big deal is, they’ve grown with it.

Big Brother can never come back, it’s like Napster & iTunes vs Spotify, products of their time. RIPBB

The Facebook vid from Mike Goldman as posted on TV Tonight just seems quite disrespectful to the fire service IMO and to genuine victims of house fires.
OMG how tacky and tasteless! Interesting that David did not open comments on that post, though.

From Skye Weatley "
“That is so sad. Like I am literally watching my home go up in flames.
“My heart is breaking right now.”

GET A GRIP SKYE YOU AIRHEAD.

Nowadays it’s all the norm & teenagers don’t get it nor see what the big deal is, they’ve grown with it.

Big Brother can never come back, it’s like Napster & iTunes vs Spotify, products of their time. RIPBB

I think it definitely could come back in this technology world. I'm currently studying film and tv at uni and have gotten the chance to interview Marion Farrelly (Producer BBAU2006 and some others) and we had a discussion about Big Brother's place in today's times.

Maz described Big Brother as the 'Rolls Royce' of reality television and is such a basic format it will never be out of date. She said its return needs to come with changes to modernize the show such as using online heavily and use an approach like Love Island.

I also got to interview Michael BB2012 for a documentary about reality tv and also said similar things but mentioned the use of scouting as well as open auditions to find Aussies who aren't going in only for the fame.

Anyways that's my little bit :)

Back