Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada: Season 2 Discussion [SPOILERS]

I was listening to RHAP this week, and Parvati from Survivor said she feels that it is time to stop bringing a 'goat' to the end because you can beat them. Neda brought Sabrina along, and in the end it could be argued that she took Neda's own place.

It would have been better TV to have seen Jon vs Neda at the final 2, and it was Neda choosing Sabrina over Deli that first made Jon suspicious of her. I would be glad to see a reversal of the trend of taking a goat.
when you bring the goat, you have to win the final HOH to choose to bring the goat with you otherwise the other person is likely to bring the goat and you will be out 3rd.

now I'm thinking I need to watch Series 1 because I see people criticising this seasons HGs as being nowhere near as good as Season 1 ...
wondering if I can fit it in before BBUS starts

OMG i've become a BB tragic!!

save me from myself!!!

do something!!!!

now I'm thinking I need to watch Series 1 because I see people criticising this seasons HGs as being nowhere near as good as Season 1 ...

save me from myself!!!

do something!!!!

i can help, i'll watch it too, haha

think of it as we are not locking ourselves in to one particular format. BBCan1 you say? :giggle:

ps - i love the Evanescence reference

#wecanonlysaveourselves

save me from myself!!!

do something!!!!

Well... I'm torn here... Season 1 was criticized heavily amongst hardcore fans for not being as game driven and often disregarding rules that fans of the US format hold dear...

That said the first season was character driven and those that loved it for what it was were engaged for much of the same reasons why those that love the traditional format are... It didn't matter that Gary was brought back and would have eventually won the series after a three week absence because he had entertained and was basically universally loved by the viewing public... It didn't matter that the "game" was predictable from week to week because the cast entertained us... As much as I hated people in the house I actually enjoyed watching them.... The first season was refreshing because it was different from the same game driven storyline of the US version...

The second season was mild in comparison... While it carried forward some of the character driven story of series 1 it lost some of it's charm in heavy and often nasty game-play driven storyline... Lets hope series three does a better job of mixing the two...

A third series looks really likely - the second has been hugely successful for Slice, 58% up on last year.

http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bbcan/news/0512/big-brother-canada-2-proves-a-ratings-smash

This is kind of stating the obvious... BB Canada is by far one of the most popular Canadian imports by a long shot... The Amazing Race Canada is the only show that has surpassed it...

The only way BB Canada would have not been renewed for a third series has been if ratings had dropped dramatically from series one... My only issue moving forward is that production will have worked themselves safety in to a corner and any further series will essentially be a carbon copy of the last just as the US version...

This is kind of stating the obvious... BB Canada is by far one of the most popular Canadian imports by a long shot... The Amazing Race Canada is the only show that has surpassed it...

The only way BB Canada would have not been renewed for a third series has been if ratings had dropped dramatically from series one... My only issue moving forward is that production will have worked themselves safety in to a corner and any further series will essentially be a carbon copy of the last just as the US version...
I'd love to see them move away from those overly staged Nomination and POV ceremonies - this being my first BB international version I wasn't aware it was a direct take from BBUS - ffs - word for word? mindless bloody puppets each and every time? Surely they could mix it up a little - be a little original? give it a bit of a Canadian spark (no offence to any Americans here but we're watching BBCAN not BBalmostCAN or BB1/2CAN1/2USwithatouchofAussiejusttomakelifeinteresting!)

nope ... still suffering withdrawals and checking out photos from the get togethers after the finale ...

such a tragic ...

i am the opposite there and that is what i like about the OS version. the finale was the end of it to me, i gave them 15 secs, hahaha

the Utopia show goes for a year i think, i have just read about it quickly, so i might have missed half of it already. this might be good for you if you can't stop til you get enough

Third-Place Queens Hall of Fame

Deana Uppal (BBUK13 , 2012)

tumblr_inline_n5bz24DdaZ1s5v8cq.jpg

Estelle Landy (BBAU9 , 2012)

tumblr_inline_n5byynN8yI1s5v8cq.jpg

Gina Rio (BBUK14, 2013)

tumblr_inline_n5bzeiDynz1s5v8cq.jpg

Tahan Lew-Fatt (BBAU10 , 2013)

tumblr_inline_n5bzh50Inz1s5v8cq.jpg

Neda Kalantar (BBCAN2 , 2014)

tumblr_inline_n5bytxKFmw1s5v8cq.png

Janelle Pierzina (BBUS6 2005,BBUS7 2006,BBUS14 2012)

tumblr_inline_n5c8g1fa3P1sy2gv4.png

save me from myself!!!

do something!!!!
BBCAN1 was a good series, it was different though there were a bunch of "mances" it seemed more polite, more getting along like BBAU. I liked it so much I decided to give BBAU a try and I was glad that I did. Talla and Andrew were funny. I always liked Jillian she was a competitor and was nice to everyone.

Definately recommend catching up on BB Canada 1. It probably was slightly more about personalities than game and some of the twists probably weren't thought through as well as they should have been - they launched with what could have been a major twist they could have had some fun with but threw it away within an hour.

Back