Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada: Pre-Season Discussion

Do you watch the televised show "live" (as they are first shown) or wait until they go up on the global site (or youtube ) ?

Just wondering should there be 2 seperat threads about BBCAN. One for live feed discussion and another for episodes + general kind of stuff. I feel like if there were a fair few people from this forum participating in the discussion it might work with the 2 threads.... Can I get a head count on who is planning on watching BBCAN?

Just wondering should there be 2 seperat threads about BBCAN. One for live feed discussion and another for episodes + general kind of stuff. I feel like if there were a fair few people from this forum participating in the discussion it might work with the 2 threads.... Can I get a head count on who is planning on watching BBCAN?

I don't think there are enough people to warrant two discussion threads... I believe in the past we've had two and they haven't been used much... I've also noticed that most international fans who are unable to watch at TV speed will either avoid threads until they are caught up or aren't bothered by spoilers... Also while there may be a "fair few" who are watching there isn't a massive group who are actively watching both the broadcast show and the live feed... A single thread is enough and will make for a more cohesive discussion...

tumblr_mbhsx2bxMQ1ror6v2.gif

Yes, two threads doesn't really work for us now as the numbers aren't huge here - but it's the quality that counts and this is a nice little refuge from the bigger forums. Standard practice would be one thread and I think anything off the live feeds in spoilers initially at least, but generally speaking everyone reads the spoilers anyway and most of us are used to watching Big Brother with considerable knowledge about what to expect in the broadcast shows. There can also be a significant delay between events happening and them being broadcast - I'd expect the nominations to happen on Fridays and be broadcast on Sundays and the Veto to take place on Saturday with the meeting on Sunday and broadcast on Monday. Basically the whole weeks events will have taken place before any episode is broadcast.

OK fair enough guys, thanks for the responses. I felt like compared to last year there were a few more people on here expressing interest in watching BBCAN....oh well one day to go!

from Jokers :
House is located in Toronto, ON, their time zone is ET, show airs 8PM ET, and feeds will start at 9PM ET....
03/21/15 05:47 PM

so using the world clock converter:

Location Local time Time zone UTC offset
Ottawa (Canada - Ontario) Monday, March 23, 2015 at 8:00:00 PM EDT UTC-4 hours
Sydney (Australia - New South Wales) Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 11:00:00 AM AEDT UTC+11 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 00:00:00

so feeds should start after show airs so midday tomorrow Sydney time?

from Jokers :
House is located in Toronto, ON, their time zone is ET, show airs 8PM ET, and feeds will start at 9PM ET....
03/21/15 05:47 PM

so using the world clock converter:

Location Local time Time zone UTC offset
Ottawa (Canada - Ontario) Monday, March 23, 2015 at 8:00:00 PM EDT UTC-4 hours
Sydney (Australia - New South Wales) Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 11:00:00 AM AEDT UTC+11 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 00:00:00

so feeds should start after show airs so midday tomorrow Sydney time?

Thanks for that. Not long to go!

Back