Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada: Pre-Season Discussion

Apparently tickets for the first weeks of the live eviction are going to be available some time over the next week... One can only hope that also means more on terms of spoilers... Suzette posted on Friday that she was in sequester a year ago on that date so that should mean with the season pushed back a week, that this years HG's will be in hiding no later than the 21st... Lets hope they are a little more open in terms of releasing info this year...

Seats for the first two evictions were made available this morning and are now full... Like last year the first eviction will take place in the second broadcast show...

I think that's a pretty decent indication that as long as there isn't a significant drop is ratings over the series that a 3rd season is inevitable...

Last edited:
A shame they won't leave the first eviction to the second week as it was a bit early last year, but I'm not too surprised. I think they were only in the house a couple of days too last year so probably won't move in until the weekend before, rather than a week or so before the premiere as they do in the US. Should be in lockdown by early next week though I'd have thought, so hopefully some real info out soon.

A shame they won't leave the first eviction to the second week as it was a bit early last year, but I'm not too surprised. I think they were only in the house a couple of days too last year so probably won't move in until the weekend before, rather than a week or so before the premiere as they do in the US. Should be in lockdown by early next week though I'd have thought, so hopefully some real info out soon.

From what I gathered last year watching the live feed was that HG's entered approximately 5 days prior to the launch... The main issue with the first eviction last year was that it all felt rushed... It is too much content to compile in to two hour long episodes... Lock-down will most take place this weekend with HG's moving in to the house Thursday or Friday of next week...

Again this is all based off what I heard over the live feeds and what the HG's have said over twitter...

House pics will be out at some point today... For some reason they are trying to make #BBCAN2 trend on Twatter before the pictures will be "unlocked"... I will post them when I have a chance...

I LOVE this house... The quality of it has certainly improved and I'm so glad it's not a carbon copy of the previous house... There's going to be a house tour on ETCanada tonight... I'm looking forward to having a better look at it...

Last year had a BBUK feel to it and this house has taken it to the next level... My favorite bits so far are the couch area, what looks like the bathroom, the pool area which all seem to have BBUK style low ceilings... For some reason it looks like they might have some sort of tree house in the "yard"... Which looks a lot bigger and more open plan than the last...

Seems that despite the new location the basic layout remains, but the changes they have made seem to be for the better - though once again the bedroom kind of lets it down. HoH room seems smaller too.

The new lounge works well and fixes the nominee chair problem of last year, love the new pool area and intriqued by what that balcony leads too.

Is the entire house 'inside'?

I believe the outdoor area is where the spa is... It just appears to be indoors due to beams overhead... There needs to be an area where HG's can get fresh air and smoke... I can't see them excluding some sort of outdoor area, however the weather is still too cold for challenges to be outside...

The ET Canada house tour hasn't been posted on YouTube as of yet but TBH I just watched it online and it wasn't very good... The house has gone from mid-century modern to ULTRA modern this year... Arisa seems a lot more comfortable in her role but the house tour jumped from room to room, highlighting the bathroom, a single bedroom, the bathroom which has a spa feel to it and is now on the second level, the icy cold HoH room (did not show a en-suite), ultra modern kitchen, the oblong wood dining table which is designed to bring warmth to the house, the urban feel backyard, and the pool area... Rooms not shown were of course the "have not" room (if there is one), so far there is no indication of where the bedrooms are located, or the area where the hot tub is...

I must admit that this is one of the best BB houses I've seen in a while...

CORRECTION: The bedroom shown on the tour is on the upper level of the house along with the bathroom... Also it should be noted that the "yard" is still rather small, so one can only hope that they've taken some of my advice and created a separate area...

Last edited:
As I suspected... The hot tub is outside and the HG's are able to see the sky this year... I guess with the house being in Mississauga last year they were worried about planes being able to see inside the house... For those that don't know Toronto's international airport was near the studio last year... For some reason I think the actual outdoor area is accessed from within the house itself... which is actually good because if the house is in lock-down due to a challenge the HG's can still access outside...

[youtubevid]AYxr28D7WxQ&list[/youtubevid]

Here's a sort of house tour with the production designer... You'll also get a peek at the DR which honestly hasn't changed other than a new background...

[youtubevid]yTMNc3EgobQ[/youtubevid]

An interview with Arisa and some idea of what the FOTH will be like... Apparently the HG's will be diverse and you can't label them as "the new Emmet" or like the first cast...

[youtubevid]XqwBNY5r7pM[/youtubevid]

Gary and Peter talk about Side Show...

[youtubevid]IwJ193370TI[/youtubevid]

This last video is interesting as I don't remeber seeing this background anywhere within the house itself... The doorway they are in front of also doesn't seem to fit with an entry into the second level of the house... I see wood rather than red paint... Arisa's interview is in FOTH without a doubt...

Last edited:
Seriously, why can't we get houses like this in Australia? That house looks AMAZING!

March 5th in Canada... So it will probably be at least the 7th in Australia before anything is uploaded to YouTube...
Just realized I'll be away on a cruise then, but I'm back on the 9th... will have to do a catch-up asap! I'm keen to give a new BB a go at the moment.

Hopefully I can last a while this time round! ;)

Seems upstairs bedrooms are the in thing this year. It's a nice house and the changes made are changes for the better - but I'm not as blown away by it as others - not a huge fan of the red/white thing to be honest, plus after the first couple of hundred BB houses tend to lose their novelty!

The identity of 14 HG's were announced today... There will be a 15th HG that will remain secret until the launch... Many fans are suspecting it is Andrew's twin brother Peter... And TBH I wouldn't be surprised if it was...

Back