Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada 9 - begins March 3rd

I am so pumped up for season 9! Re-watching the first season before the premiere and can I say BBCAN > BBUS, as for BBAU yes we're getting it this year but every year I look forward to Canada's, I mean I'm from down under and IMO I don't even consider it part of the ranks of BBCAN/US game format, so... poof to that (come at me) :laugh:

First impressions of the HG’s have slightly improved my view of the current series.

It’s hard to judge based on a 2 minute bio what these people will be like in the context of the game but I’ve liked what I’ve been seeing. I’m impressed with the diversity... 9 of the 14 HM’s are people of colour. 3 so far have been revealed to be LGBTQ+ and includes Canada’s first Trans HG. Overall the cast don’t appear to be the same cookie cutter types we’ve had over the past several years.

I’m assume we’re likely to have two additional late entrants as 16 seems to be the magic number based on previous seasons. I’m hoping that prediction is wrong as 14 HG’s is more than enough for a 10 week series. I also predict that late entrants would likely be returning from the disaster that was S8.

Im terms of the twist I’m not really bothered... Provided the cast live up to the potential they’re presenting at the moment I can deal with whatever.

Diversity was always going to be high this season, and that should hopefully be a good thing but I've never felt it was too much of an issue in the past on BB Canada compared to others. On paper though nobody really shining so far, but really you can't tell much before you see them in the house.

The twist is just another twist for twists sake. Presumably the two teams compete for immunity and then the captain (either winning or losing) chooses the nominees, with the rest of the team playing for Veto.

I do wonder though if with only 14 named so far whether they might be saving space for two BB8 alumni to be voted back in.

Seems the casting of newly revealed contestant Ethan is already causing some controversy.

7899D289-9AD8-43B0-AE56-A2089CD62F19.jpegB1158094-F555-4904-B116-82AC86624A33.jpeg0622CF82-3FE8-4743-BAE8-311E5A579D6A.jpeg760CA2F1-55E7-4276-886D-5B9DB6F93DFD.jpeg

It will be interesting how much traction this gains, if at all, and whether they’ll do anything about it. Given recent circumstances this might not go down too well.

Last edited:
Diversity was always going to be high this season, and that should hopefully be a good thing but I've never felt it was too much of an issue in the past on BB Canada compared to others. On paper though nobody really shining so far, but really you can't tell much before you see them in the house.

The twist is just another twist for twists sake. Presumably the two teams compete for immunity and then the captain (either winning or losing) chooses the nominees, with the rest of the team playing for Veto.

I do wonder though if with only 14 named so far whether they might be saving space for two BB8 alumni to be voted back in.
I agree. BBCAN in general has had more diversity in casting than BBUS has... That said it’s not as if BBCAN hasn’t been without issue. After S8’s controversy, ongoing controversy with the American series, and the current social climate they did the right thing in addressing things the way they did.

Seems the casting of newly revealed contestant Ethan is already causing some controversy.

View attachment 56357View attachment 56359View attachment 56360View attachment 56361

It will be interesting how much traction this gains, if at all, and whether they’ll do anything about it. Given recent circumstances this might not go down too well.
My understanding is this is an incident that happened in 2014... Hopefully time will have allowed him to mature and change for the better. On the other hand the optics of the shows commitment to diversity and allowing Ethans past behaviour go unchecked aren’t good. Apparently his family is now claiming jealousy is the reason these revelations have come to light...

Was 100% expecting this to eventuate after seeing the posts last night - I’m pleased with Global’s swift and rightful course of action here.

Back