Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada 2016: featuring Tim Dormer, Nikki Grahame and some Canadians

I'm also thinking that this could be the perfect way to revive BB here.

I've been saying this for a while now... That said I think it would be best for an Australian network not to have the BB name attached to this format... There can be a loose association but the show should be marketed as something new, fresh, and exciting... I'd also be afraid that keeping the BB name attached to such a fundamentally different format would isolate a significant portion of BBAU's followers... You'd also have to take in to consideration BB's sordid past and what effect it may have on potential viewers...

As for scheduling I'd be supportive of a small reduction in the number of episodes but I think the best strategy would be to continue to strip the program over 5 or 6 nights a week... One of the main criticisms of the US format amongst the international community is the editing... Stripping it would allow for the story to develop in a manner Australian viewers are familiar with... It's also going to allow for far less superficial editing and means events in the house will air closer to when they actually take place...

Format wise I'd like to see more of a hybrid format which includes an element of viewer participation... My vision would air under BB's original working title: The Golden Cage... A character named "The Voice" takes on the role a similar role to BB... At the start of each week HM's would compete to be the Golden HM who later in the week will nominate 3 people for eviction... After the Golden HM is crowned HM's will compete again this time for the Golden Key... The key gives its holder immunity for the week and the power to influence that weeks eviction.... After the Golden HM makes their nominations the public will be given the power to save 1 of the nominees... The remaining 2 will face the house vote where the Golden Key holder has the power to void another HM's vote whist doubling their own... A jury will select the eventual winner of the series with the public vote taking the place of a jury member...

Last edited:
Only found out Timbo was on this yesterday. Anyone watching this? How is he going? Does he have any chance to win or are they just like intruders and leave early, or what?

Its good to see you haven't changed a bit still the same old same old. I will take your advice on board :D :D :D
Now to sit back and watch Nikki and Tim on Big Brother Canada live. Promise not to spoil. :)

I LOVE NIKKI SOOOO MUCH!!!! She is wonderful! and Duh.. Tim..

Its good to see you haven't changed a bit still the same old same old.

Likewise... I promise to play nice as long as you can play nice...

I LOVE NIKKI SOOOO MUCH!!!! She is wonderful! and Duh.. Tim..

I actually enjoy Nikki as well... I wasn't really sold on the idea of the international wildcards at first... However the two of them are making up for the fact that otherwise this is a fairly dull series... It's just cannot tolerate a particular persons desires to force feed his obsession with Nikki on to everyone at every single opportunity...

Only found out Timbo was on this yesterday. Anyone watching this? How is he going? Does he have any chance to win or are they just like intruders and leave early, or what?
trying to catch up on it when I can ... think if Tim can manage to play down his knowledge of the game and do his usual of always having someone else spark any drama for the next week at least and get a chance for them to judge him as he is in the house rather than someone who has won BB and therefore a threat he could do well ... he and Nikki will have a big target on their back though and are an easy out if its all kumbaya in there and they are all best friends ... not happening luckily though
Nikki is always a possibility to self evict although BBUK always seemed able to talk her down ...

Sharry

Loveita! muhahahahaha can't wait to see Kelsey try to keep herself off the block this week

Reactions: kxk
I wonder what if Tim will be Ed to Mitch's Tim.

Tim thrived because he was able to unite the outlying Contestants - Drew, who had a grudge against Ed etc, because of the meathead footy thing, but also I guess cause he stole his missus' heart; Mikayla; Jade, for some reason always voted with him; Ben. Anyway, this coalition took down the traditionally dominant big boofy blokes alliance. Ed just assumed he would be leader, and basically those guys, Tully, even Jade to some extent, just allowed him to be.

Now, Tim comes in, a returning player, a returning winner, a bloody foreigner, and Mitch is watching it all. He can see how effective Tim is being. Jared may think he is, but Tim is becoming alpha male, and Mitch knows he needs to beat Tim to win.

I can see Mitch taking on Tim's role, although in a more understated way - because Mitch doesn't need to make Canada fall in love with him the way Australian reality contestants do. He wants to stay low profile, but at some point, he needs to take Tim down. I personally am loving Tim, but for Mitch's game, he's got to go.

(On a side note, I really wish David had won the last BBAU. Steggles leaves no impression on me, but whenever I think of David, I like him more and more.)

Back on topic and I'll take three episodes plus a live feed over daily episodes and no live feed any day.

I do feel with BBUK it actually suffers from airing an hour every single day for three months with little incidents made to out to be much bigger than they were and producers just focusing on the wrong things. Even though in the early days of half hour episodes we seemingly had less content I think we got to know housemates better as they were far tighter edited.

Overall I do think the BB Canada / USA format is stronger and IMO it would be the best option for reviving the franchise in Australia, though keeping the public vote - probably by having the HoH nominate two people, the viewers nominate a third and then after the week has played out and the Veto is completed the viewers save one of the final three nominees with the housemates voting out the evictee.

Structure is key though - with the changes to NRL it's likely Big Brother could only air on Nine on Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays now and that just wouldn't work. Back to Ten is it's best bet, though can't see that happening until I'm a Celebrity runs it course, although if Survivor is as unsuccessful as previous attempts at an Aussie version perhaps there could be a slot in late 2017 opening up on Ten.

Last edited:
...aw crap... I've missed the start of this as I do with all of them... (I really do need to pay more attention lol!)... this will be my first ever Canadian Big Brother so it could be interesting... I guess that I have about 5 episodes to catch up on?... now to hunt down the videos... Tim and Nikki are in it!... excellent!... cheers.

Back on topic and I'll take three episodes plus a live feed over daily episodes and no live feed any day.

I do feel with BBUK it actually suffers from airing an hour every single day for three months with little incidents made to out to be much bigger than they were and producers just focusing on the wrong things. Even though in the early days of half hour episodes we seemingly had less content I think we got to know housemates better as they were far tighter edited.

Overall I do think the BB Canada / USA format is stronger and IMO it would be the best option for reviving the franchise in Australia, though keeping the public vote - probably by having the HoH nominate two people, the viewers nominate a third and then after the week has played out and the Veto is completed the viewers save one of the final three nominees with the housemates voting out the evictee.

Structure is key though - with the changes to NRL it's likely Big Brother could only air on Nine on Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays now and that just wouldn't work. Back to Ten is it's best bet, though can't see that happening until I'm a Celebrity runs it course, although if Survivor is as unsuccessful as previous attempts at an Aussie version perhaps there could be a slot in late 2017 opening up on Ten.

All the reality shows in Australia are now sunday - thursday MKR, IMACGMOOH, Masterchef all do that. Channel 9 have the rights to BB for another year and the best chance for a return would be for a shorter celebrity version.

With BB Canada I am watching the shows live so I won't post any spoilers until I see thread catch up. So far I am enjoying the show and watching the live feeds brings back found memories of the live feed in Australian BB.

Big Brother Canada 4 – Week 3 Nominations:

• Cassandra
  • Christine
Kelsey was an original target and was confrontational with Loveita today which made her seem like the perfect nom, but nope. Christine was up there on Loveita’s list and one we expected, but Cassandra is interesting even though she was tossed around earlier. Funny thingis how Cassandra was campaigning against a Kelsey nom earlier today when talking with Loveita but Kelsey was busy suggesting Cassandra to go up. Heh.

Next up we’ll be waiting on the Power of Veto competition and the players to be picked until we get an idea of where things go next. What do you think of Loveita’s noms so far? She was all over the place today and these two might not be her real target for the week so we’ll have to see where this goes.

source:http://canada.bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-canada-4-spoilers-week-3-nomination-results/

hoping for the first backdoor of Season 4 this week but think it would need someone like Tim to win POV to make a change and not chicken out

trying to catch up on it when I can ... think if Tim can manage to play down his knowledge of the game and do his usual of always having someone else spark any drama for the next week at least and get a chance for them to judge him as he is in the house rather than someone who has won BB and therefore a threat he could do well ... he and Nikki will have a big target on their back though and are an easy out if its all kumbaya in there and they are all best friends ... not happening luckily though
Nikki is always a possibility to self evict although BBUK always seemed able to talk her down ...
Nikki has settled down now and is joining in all the games and HG discussions she is not on anyones radar. While Tim is quite strategic as he will make suggestions and guide HG's to conclusions he wants at the same time praising them for coming to those conclusion. He is playing a good game and even though they see him as a threat he is also likable and no one is targeting him either.

...well I did my marathon viewing and I am liking the series so far... I liked what Tim said about Nikki... "she's like the older sister that I never wanted"... lol!... it didn't take Tim too long to suss all of the other housemates out did it?... I had a feeling that Nikki started playing her 'nutty stressed-out tantrum' card a tad bit early in the game a couple of times... I liked some of those games that they had to play... they are quite novel compared to the same old same old games that we always seem to play in Big Brother here in Australia...

...even though Tim admitted that he 'throws like a girl' he did quite well in the task didn't he?...one of the tasks made me feel that I was watching an actual Game Show at one stage lol!... all in all... I like the Canadian version so far... cheers.

I can't believe that Nikki is only 33, she looks so much older.

Had to laugh at Tim, asking the HG how their version of the show works & then tells the audience that he watches it.

I am guessing that BBCan HG's don't seem to have any fun, then Tim gets Dallas to fart in a jar.

Tim has the makings of a cult leader. :)

I've removed a number of posts and suspended one member (no prizes for guessing who) for a week for taking this thread off topic and making it all about one issue which didn't even exist.

Play nicely and stay on topic please guys.

Brekkie
Good stuff.

Bluegroper needed a time out. A week in the sin bin will do him good.

No one likes a clinger.

Back