Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada 2016: featuring Tim Dormer, Nikki Grahame and some Canadians

...well I did my marathon viewing and I am liking the series so far... I liked what Tim said about Nikki... "she's like the older sister that I never wanted"... lol!... it didn't take Tim too long to suss all of the other housemates out did it?... I had a feeling that Nikki started playing her 'nutty stressed-out tantrum' card a tad bit early in the game a couple of times... I liked some of those games that they had to play... they are quite novel compared to the same old same old games that we always seem to play in Big Brother here in Australia...

...even though Tim admitted that he 'throws like a girl' he did quite well in the task didn't he?...one of the tasks made me feel that I was watching an actual Game Show at one stage lol!... all in all... I like the Canadian version so far... cheers.
glad you're enjoying it
ive been watching since series two and love it ... mainly because to me its a good mix of US strategy vs AU style bb ...without the popularity voting from UK and AU ... however they do meddle ... and do a Canada Decides vote at some point ... and in series 2 and 3 it was a turning point for the 'cool' group vs the 'not as cool' ones ...
in series 2 the First 5 alliance was dominating so much they had to do something or the whole game was going down the toilet and becoming too predictable ...
Will be interesting if they do it again this series
They keep referring to Tim and Nikki as the first of the wild cards ... so Im thinking there will still be intruders or perhaps maybe Jace and 'not Nikki' ( i forget the other female international player who was up for inclusion) might still enter the house ... wonder how Tim would cope with that?

i also enjoy the Side Show and Sarah Hanlon is much more interesting than Gary Levy ever was ... she and Peter Brown are great to watch

I'm glad Gary was replaced on the Side Show but not really enjoying Sarah - Neda should have got that role.

I don't think they'll be any more houseguests - they're just calling all twists "wildcards" this year by the looks of it as Twistos no longer sponsor their twists. There will be public votes at some point as all the terms and conditions are on the website. Is there the usual system on the website though where fans can increase the power of their vote by reading articles, watching videos and making predictions - can't say I've seen it.

I can't believe that Nikki is only 33, she looks so much older.

Had to laugh at Tim, asking the HG how their version of the show works & then tells the audience that he watches it.

I am guessing that BBCan HG's don't seem to have any fun, then Tim gets Dallas to fart in a jar.

Tim has the makings of a cult leader. :)

I guess the bulimia and anorexia has done some physical damage that has now resulted in her looking older

Joel and Tim seem to be playing the Andy game, of social butterflying and being in every conversation and group. I can see the feud between Kelsey/Raoul and the initial 4 Kelsey votes giving the floaters like Mitch a good chance to ride the middle.

The Kelsey/Maddie/brothers thing should be interesting.

Tim is a stirrer, and I'm sure he was brought into BBCanada to stir and keep it interesting and he is doing just that. But it will very soon cause repercussions, now Loveita is furious at him because Mitch told her something Tim said about her to others, blah blah blah, so she complains to Nikki, trashing Tim. My worry is, if the POV is used, as angry as she is, Tim may be on the block this week. While many in BBCA chat are saying no way she'd have the guts, she well may, and they also say no way would he go, but sure he could.

He is no threat to their game, IMO, he admitted he still has his prize money and he makes enough hosting events to live a good life, so they know he doesn't need the money... but he is loud and proud and is the alpha in that house already, the guys may jump at the chance to get him out...

I really hope I'm wrong here but I'm worried... I know in BBUSA the producers cheat all the time to keep their faves in and I normally hate that, but in this case, I'd take it;)

@Sparrow11 Maybe Tim can worm his way into Loveita good books by saying he only said that to get info on what they were saying about her.

Did Nikki defend Tim.

Has BBCan ever had a fake eviction. Maybe if Tim is booted they can say it was fake. hehe

Tim is a stirrer, and I'm sure he was brought into BBCanada to stir and keep it interesting and he is doing just that. But it will very soon cause repercussions, now Loveita is furious at him because Mitch told her something Tim said about her to others, blah blah blah, so she complains to Nikki, trashing Tim. My worry is, if the POV is used, as angry as she is, Tim may be on the block this week. While many in BBCA chat are saying no way she'd have the guts, she well may, and they also say no way would he go, but sure he could.

He is no threat to their game, IMO, he admitted he still has his prize money and he makes enough hosting events to live a good life, so they know he doesn't need the money... but he is loud and proud and is the alpha in that house already, the guys may jump at the chance to get him out...

I really hope I'm wrong here but I'm worried... I know in BBUSA the producers cheat all the time to keep their faves in and I normally hate that, but in this case, I'd take it;)

...I sort of get the feeling that Tim has no illusions that he could possibly win this Canadian Big Brother to be honest... in the Australian version he put his all into it for the win... to me he seems like he is just in there this time to have some fun and to do some shit stirring to get a name for himself out of Australia as a by product of appearing on this show... I don't think that he would be all that fussed if he went out in a week or two at all... he just seems to be treating it as a bit of an all expenses paid holiday to me lol!...

...in that video that 'He who Must Not Be Named' posted earlier where he told the housemates of all of his tactics that he used in the Aussie version it sort of told me that he doesn't really care or think that he can win this show... why would he give them any idea of how his mind ticks if he really cared about winning this?... it doesn't make sense to me at least... I just think that he's enjoying a free holiday in my books lol!...

@Sparrow11 Maybe Tim can worm his way into Loveita good books by saying he only said that to get info on what they were saying about her.

Did Nikki defend Tim.

Has BBCan ever had a fake eviction. Maybe if Tim is booted they can say it was fake. hehe

Nikki mostly just listened and her main response was that she doesn't always understand Tim but she loves him to bits. Which is what most Tim fans say. :)

...I sort of get the feeling that Tim has no illusions that he could possibly win this Canadian Big Brother to be honest... in the Australian version he put his all into it for the win... to me he seems like he is just in there this time to have some fun and to do some shit stirring to get a name for himself out of Australia as a by product of appearing on this show... I don't think that he would be all that fussed if he went out in a week or two at all... he just seems to be treating it as a bit of an all expenses paid holiday to me lol!...

...in that video that 'He who Must Not Be Named' posted earlier where he told the housemates of all of his tactics that he used in the Aussie version it sort of told me that he doesn't really care or think that he can win this show... why would he give them any idea of how his mind ticks if he really cared about winning this?... it doesn't make sense to me at least... I just think that he's enjoying a free holiday in my books lol!...

I agree that Tim isn't too fussed about trying to win this game, but I think the producers made quite an investment in him and Nikki to bring them in, I doubt they would want him gone this soon, and I don't see her staying long if he left. So hopefully this will work out all right. Tim is bringing the entertainment, Nikki too. I wish they had just called them coaches or something like that so they could stay til the end.

Interesting theory, Sticky, about this being a publicity tour, or a coming out party, for Tim on a bigger stage. He has always been a shameless self promoter. I've read comparisons with Russel Brand, and I see it here. He was big enough at home, but wanted to try North America. I imagine Tim will be similarly disillusioned with LA, if he steps over into the US reality scene. I wonder how Tim will handle his RHAP interview, and if he will get on board with that part of the scene.

@Mr Stickyfingers Could be on the money about Tim & the reason he went on there.

He could have lied & said he didn't win BB, but he had to tell them.

He also let them know that ratings were crap in Aus & they paid him to make an appearance back in Aus, wonder if any of the HG thought, well ratings must be shit so they paid Tim to travel to Canada to improve the ratings here.

Tim doesn't want to move to the United States. He's going to move to Byron Bay as soon as he can find a place to buy there. He and his friends go there about once a month. He's even talked about it in the house, and joked about starting his own hippie commune. Least I think he was joking, lol.

I guess the bulimia and anorexia has done some physical damage that has now resulted in her looking older
sun damage also
not sure why English women with their lovely porcelain complexions like to bake themselves silly ... every Brit I've met who has moved down here has been obsessed with sunbaking themselves to the colour of chocolate despite every warning re skin cancer

Tim doesn't want to move to the United States. He's going to move to Byron Bay as soon as he can find a place to buy there. He and his friends go there about once a month. He's even talked about it in the house, and joked about starting his own hippie commune. Least I think he was joking, lol.
On live feeds he was talking about learning about construction as he's wanting to build his own place ... he started off saying he thought he should get another degree ... then downplayed it to TAFE and asked if they had TAFE in the US (he can sure turn on the "dumb Aussie" well! loving it!)

...I sure am finding BBCan to be so much different to BBAUS in a number of ways so far...

(1)... instead of feeling that the housemates are in a Big Brother house Reality Show it feels like they are living in a Game Show to me... which I find to be quite refreshing to be honest...

(2)... it seems like that housemates are on 'fast forward' all of the time... what I mean by that is... they are always 'zippy' and talk so quickly all the time as if they are on limited airtime and have to get as much in before the camera goes onto someone else... they always seem to be so 'refreshed' and so full of beans to me... a comparison of some sorts...

Australian Big Brother:... "gooday................... how ya goin'?........................ nice day eh?....................... **yawn**........................ yeah..... I might make meself some brekkie.................... yeah eh?"...

Canadian Big Brother:... "good morning how do you today? what a beautiful morning! it looks so wonderful out there! what a beautiful sunrise! isn't it just glorious to be alive! I might just do 500 push-ups in 10 minutes! there you go! now I might make breakfast for everyone! oh I'm so happy to be alive!"...

(3)... the 'Head of House' is something quite different isn't it?... it seems like a death sentence to have it to me... if only Ed had that power thrust upon him when he was on BBAUS... Tim would've eaten him alive with that... lol!...

(4)... the house isn't quite as over-ornate as many other BB houses Worldwide... it's quite simple in its decor and furbishings which I quite like...

(5)... hahaha!... the nominations are like watching Pit Crews in action when they have to do them... straight in... straight out... no asking boring stuff as to why they are nominating such and such... no telling them that it 'isn't a good enough answer to nominate them' etc... it looks as if they are limited to about 30 seconds to nominate someone lol!...

(6)... I'm liking some of those tasks that they are having to do... they are so novel... they are fun to watch...

...I'm really enjoying watching this show and am still trying to figure out how it all works and all comes together to be honest... how many shows are there a week?... it doesn't seem to be too many because I seem to be waiting forever to watch the next episode on Youtube... anyhow... overall... I'm glad that I started watching this for the first time ever... it's quite a bit of fun... so different to BBUK... lol!... cheers.

It is like they live in a gameshow, and a bit like that weird Doctor Who episode.
And then there are Tim & Nikki, who entertain us, because that is just who they are but also because it is a habit from their own BBs.

I actually like our nominations, some times that is the only time you get to know a HM.
I really miss having a BB voice, and the authority, that is so odd and makes it more game show also.

My feeds stopped working, all I can get are the actual shows, :(

Oh and I find the "ceremonies" completely hilarious, they take it so seriously the flipping cards is especially funny.

Last edited:
Back