Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada 2016: featuring Tim Dormer, Nikki Grahame and some Canadians

Hope it was Cass. She become too cocky.

ZOMG: This is the 1000 post.

Do I get presents etc.

YOU GET PRESENTS!!

art-menprove-620x349.jpg

Reactions: Kaz
There is some school of thought that because Tim was paid to be on here that the snap eviction was actually to evict him, because he couldn't go any further. This could very well be just another conspiracy theory.

Do we know 100% that Cassandra went?
they always do that eviction though

I would have liked to see Cass without Tim. She isn't very good, but I guess he liked her and stuck with her through the game. I wonder how he decides who to befriend like he did it Drew. Maybe he looks for a smart player who will be loyal?

I guess so but I'm not sure if Tim really even wants to win. His goal apparently is to get to finale night which he has already achieved (I think). Does he care about making the Final 2? He hasn't been studying apparently which is something he may need to do if he goes through to Part 3 of the HoH.

I feel like the lack of studying is what has been destroying the Threeak Show/Cannibals. They were in a good position until they lost all the important competitions they needed to Kelsey and the Brothers. I would never have believed two weeks ago, that only one of the Threeak Show would manage to make the Final 3. It seemed impossible that they'd lose so many competitions.
Sorry for quoting out of order again. I think Tim is uber competitive and always wants to win. It just doesn't always come out as obviously as other people. He is so strategic he knows saying he just wanted to make the finale is a way of both setting a goal and also making it seem like he doesn't care about winning.

Sorry Starry but this forum is for people who realise Big Brother is a 24/7 experience. It will be down to you to avoid this thread if you want to watch the episodes without knowing the game play as it's just not in the forums interest to disrupt the flow of conversation here by having so many posts hidden under spoiler tags. Had this come up earlier in the season it would be fair enough to split into discussion for live feed/episodes (indeed I nearly did) but with just over a week to go it's not really worth it now.

I never said the show wasn't about the live feed, I said there were two different audiences and so needed two threads from the start (don't really get why you didn't do that at the start). I'd love it if they could be bothered to actually link in the episodes to the live feed much better and so have one audience. For instance the AU version used to have Friday Night Live which was a competition that gave an advantage, but it was live for all the audience and so didn't stick two fingers up at everyone like the US/CAN version does.

This version of BB isn't shown 24/7, blackouts are common for any moments of drama like competitions, nominations, twists and the final week. It copies the US version where people seem to be happy just having the information by hearsay, which I think represents more the spoiler culture there of people wanting to know what will be shown in advance, though people pay quite a lot for the live feed in the US just to get that. But that isn't the original view of Big Brother where you see everything, it's a version where all the audience including the live feed one is manipulated. To what purpose though? Obviously nobody can watch all the live feed, though I'm not sure those who follow it are just about to watch episodes to see a competition they already know the result of.

The only thing actually shown to both audiences together are the evictions and they are normally nowhere near as dramatic as the public vote version. Normally everybody in the house knows the vote and it's easy to be spoiled on who's likely to go anyway. The pleas before the eviction often give it away in advance too. The votes in the DR just feel like going through the motions. Ridiculously this is the only time when both audiences are up to pace and it could only be for a very short time if they do the HoH straight away anyway.

So what exactly is the point of the episodes? Most of the audience rely on them, and they are strung along with stupid 'cliffhangers' when it should be possible to show the result of a competition live, they even have the extra show where that could be done as well. The recent episode could have covered the veto, we were told both at the start and end of the episode that Tim or Cass had to win the veto but all it built up to was the predictable nominations. And they wheeled in Gary for some awards who was just a walking cliche in his year anyway. Everyone is the house has to act like he's amazing of course.

The producers try to create their own storyline in the episodes (no different to other supposedly real BBs), but when people can point out how ridiculous it is compared to what actually happens it's kind of stupid. So all this stuff about Joel never playing the other side and being just unfortunate in how things turned out. The producers just try and play the audience for fools.

Overall I think the US version is better, because they tend to have fewer dull characters, the gameplay is slightly more intense (couples are given more of a bye in the Canadian BB), and it's the original version. That doesn't take away any of the big faults of this version of BB though, which if brought to Australia would no doubt be just another carbon copy of this.

One of the biggest ironies for me has always been that live feed is actually by far the most important for the public vote version, as the audience have a say every week and need to see what actually happens. And yet that version of BB is the one that cancelled the live feed (in the UK and Australia).

Not sure if anyone is interested, but here's a podcast I listened to earlier. I don't remember him on Survivor though lol. I might have to do a re-watch.

Rob Cesternino is a two-time Survivor player and reality TV aficionado. Rob gives his thoughts on his favorite Reality TV shows as the host of "Rob Has a Podcast"

Rob talks with Arisa Cox (@ArisaCox), host of Big Brother Canada on the final days of the fourth season of Canadian Big Brother. Rob and Arisa discuss their feelings about the current season of the show, how the twists of the season have played out and much more about Arisa and Big Brother Canada.

http://robhasawebsite.com/arisa-cox...nada-4-podcast-interview-finale-rhap-podcast/

...why does Joel always remind me of 'Where's Wally/Waldo?'... a stripey red jumper and hat is all he needs to be him to me... the bozo brothers are doing the 'my brother is my best friend' schmaltz to win the votes of when all the females in Canada go "aaaaaaw!... ain't that jus' beautiful?"... Kelsey is acting all knowing as if she has this in the bag as far as I'm concerned... Cass trying to be 'sexy and seductive' is like watching a snake on heat... (best to stay away from... too dangerous)...

...and Tim wanting to buy something Canadian with the winnings if he wins this?... A Beaver?... nah!... a Moose?... nah!... a female?... whoa!... what the?... a female pitbull for his own dog!... phew!... lol!... that's Tim being Tim isn't it?... gee I hope that Tim wins this... thanks for posting that Kaz... cheers.

...why does Joel always remind me of 'Where's Wally/Waldo?'... a stripey red jumper and hat is all he needs to be him to me... the bozo brothers are doing the 'my brother is my best friend' schmaltz to win the votes of when all the females in Canada go "aaaaaaw!... ain't that jus' beautiful?"... Kelsey is acting all knowing as if she has this in the bag as far as I'm concerned... Cass trying to be 'sexy and seductive' is like watching a snake on heat... (best to stay away from... too dangerous)...

...and Tim wanting to buy something Canadian with the winnings if he wins this?... A Beaver?... nah!... a Moose?... nah!... a female?... whoa!... what the?... a female pitbull for his own dog!... phew!... lol!... that's Tim being Tim isn't it?... gee I hope that Tim wins this... thanks for posting that Kaz... cheers.
Joel reminds me of Mr Bean

What's your thoughts on what Joel did.

I think he didn't want to win POV so his double alliance wouldn't be found out, he had a brain fart & kept helping the Bros instead of helping both.

And in doing so ruined his game plan.

Back