Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada 10 - starts March 2nd

Oh, this week just gets messier and messier.

Marty decided to select the renom using gummy bears, but wasn't going to include Gino. Gino though asked to be included and inevitably ended up being picked as the replacement. Gino thinks he's fine though as he's convinced he has Kev and Halennas vote - but there is no way they won't take the shot, especially as they're aligned more closely with Josh.

So Gino has basically self evicted and proven the curse of Moose to be real as everytime he's been nominated the HoH has gone home next. Possibly the dumbest move since Marcellas didn't save himself in the final 5 of BB3.

Last edited:
This episode didn't quite live up to the billing given it played out better on the live feeds. The 100 Minutes comp didn't feel quite the event it has been previously, though this time they had the twist of giving players the option to stay in their coffin as they were sunken so if you clocked out other players wouldn't know.

Kevin's task was fun but never a fan when secret mission victims are chosen by producers, and this felt too big a secret mission to give to a chosen one. Actually also showed what a decent guy Gino is both in talking direct to Kevin and raising his concerns in the diary room. Been nice the last couple of shows to have more of "Big Brother" in the final show, though credited as a "Big Brother Producer" rather than just Big Brother.

Kevin did the task well though - too well perhaps. Even before it Marty had worked out Kevin was the best bet to nominate - not so much to get out but if he genuinely wanted to keep the five together he was the least likely to be voted out as ultimately I think Gino and JC are more loyal - and don't have the reason to keep Josh in.

However the gummy bears have spoken.

This episode didn't quite live up to the billing given it played out better on the live feeds.
Yeah, one of my biggest complaints about BBCAN is how much it borrows from BBUS in being this show about a goofy summer camp. Kevin’s task especially was this tense and slightly emotional experience to watch live, but the edited experience is just about how WhAcKy it all was. Urgh.

Also, I can’t believe to have finally gotten exactly what I wanted out of a triple eviction.

They'd have never given Kevin that task if they knew how the renom was going to go down. The episode didn't need it really.

Anyhow - was worried the triple would take the sting out of the tail but it's actually lit the touchpaper for the rest of the season.

Outcome of the triple eviction:
Of course Gino went, to nobodies surprise. Then Josh won HoH, nominated Marty, Jacey Lynn and Summer - to her anger. Just to prove these shows aren't live they included a fairly lengthy piece of Summer attacking Josh for putting her up.

JC then won the Veto, and Josh nominated the one person I thought he never would - Betty. If the task the other day didn't show his cards this really did.

The three votes to save all saved Betty.

Basically went from hero to zero in the space of half an hour and screwed his strongest alliance as he is certainly the third wheel in the side he is most loyal too. And if we didn't know it already it just proves how Kevin and Haleena have run the house all season without having to run the house. Just hoping she can pip him at the end.

Following the show:
Betty won HoH, still hasn't spoken to Josh and plans to nominated him and Jacey Lynn, even though JC is probably her best option moving forward now. Looks like Kev and Haleena will escape again, though from here on in the Veto becomes a bigger factor.

Very fun turn of events.

So pleased to see Marty finally hit with a reality check. Does that man ever stop ranting??! The amount of times Arisa had to cut him off. What a mess.

Summer is unbearable to watch, let alone live with, so I was also pleased with that outcome. Was quite disappointed about Gino though - I wouldn’t have wanted him to win, but think he was unfairly hard done by in the end. Although his eviction has likely set off a chain of events that will be great to watch unfold.

I didn’t expect Josh to blindside Betty like that either, and unless he can justify it he has probably lost his last loyal friend in the house.

The final two weeks are about to get interesting. I think Kevin deserves the win at this point. But I’d like to see JC take it out. Still undecided about Haleena.

I have genuinely enjoyed this season.

Gino would have likely gone in the triple anyway so at least he went with a bit of drama.

Certainly the best season in years. Kevin has been brilliant but he needs taking out rather than gifting a unanimous win. Seems a sad inevitability though about him getting to the end with Haleena and her getting zero credit from the jury for the game they largely played together all season. Josh and Kevin out next with an all female final 3 would be good, especially as JC, Betty and Haleena are all quite different and have played different games. I think for Haleena to have any chance of winning though she needs Kevin and Josh on the jury, as along with Marty they're probably guaranteed votes.

No word yet on how they're dealing with an 8 person jury - I'd have thought if it was Canada's vote they'd have announced it by now so I reckon they'll repeat the season 3 twist in which the finalists eliminate one member of the jury.

The second half of this season has genuinely turned out some of the most enjoyable BBCAN episodes in years. Really great season, to be honest.

It really has - but they're entering the final week with the lamest secret room ever.

TBH the doors have been a bit underwhelming - the eviction twist was dropped after one week and the secret missions to find a secret room, often being the same room, soon got boring. Only thing they worked well for was the HoH Comp with the ex-houseguests.

Wendys is what would put me off going on BB Canada. To be fair the show itself didn't make a big deal of the door until last week but fans spotted it on the feeds early on. Just another door behind it would have been preferable to breakfast from Wendy's - and then they made them have breakfast again for the HoH treat - indeed was expecting something better than three runners ups for that too.

I’m a fan of Wendys just not a fan of how invasive their product placement is on BBCAN. Hopefully they’re paying an insane amount of money for what is essentially 3 month long Wendys commercial.

So the annual pretence that the final 4 eviction which happens at exactly the same point every season is a complete surprise to the housemates. Amazing POV comp set though - one of their best comp builds ever. Makes sense now why the HoH was in the Wendy's room.

Some completely unnecessary post-dubbing from Arisa though pretending to tell the HGs the vote would be after the break. You'd think by now reality TV shows would have found a way to do post-dubbing which wasn't so blatantly obvious. It just sounds awful and 90% of the time it isn't even necessary.

Outcome:
Kevin probably deserves to win now considering he has Betty and Josh convinced he isn't a threat at all. He will kill it in the final speeches and it is clear the jury aren't particularly fans of Josh and Betty, and now Kevin has Haleena campaigning for him too - which I suspect he really wanted over her being in final 2.

Will be interesting though to see if Josh and Betty do take each other or if Kevin is able to convince them to take him. And no doubt he'll be winning Canada's vote.

I haven’t seen BBUS so I’m not qualified enough to comment on those seasons, but I think the manipulation and brutally strategic game-playing this season of BBCAN has been the best I’ve seen. 🔥

In saying that, very disappointed with where the outcome is heading. I really wanted a Jaycee, Kevin, Haleena final three. (The rightful final three, in my opinion.)

Slightly concerned this relatively great season could end with an underwhelming winner tomorrow…

BBUS has been underwhelming for a very, very long time, but BBCAN somehow always delivers.

What wild finale of twists and turns, from the overall winner to even Canada’s favourite player.

Very well deserved winner.

Probably one of the most enjoyable BB seasons in years.

Certainly one of the best seasons for me but the finale felt really flat - not helped by having no audience, but mainly once the final two was locked in it was inevitable. At least a Betty/Josh final two would have actually been a close call - I've no idea who'd have won that. Kevin didn't really seem to own his winning moment either - did he finally feel guilt for manipulating Josh out of $80k.

And WTF were Canada thinking in voting for Marty? He's not even top 5 for me - Summer showed last night what an amazing houseguest she actually was and was the only person to bring a bit of life to the finale. Then again they voted Kiefer last year - I had forgotten that and when they said they were bringing out Canada's Favourite from last season for the (pointless) jury conversation I thought the year had been harsh on Spicy V.

I just finished watching this season on 7plus. I loved it from start to end. I loved that everyone wanted to play hard but almost everyone's plans blew up in their faces. I LOVE that the HoH can't compete back to back or be part of the veto comp. Adds way more risk to getting all the power to nominate. Really loved Kevin's game and comparing the finale to the way BBAU does theirs, it was soooo much more entertaining. One of my favourite seasons, gutted I didn't watch it live to enjoy the feeds.

Back