Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada 10 - starts March 2nd

Really hoping Marty’s “big move” comes back to bite him in the ass.

It’s week 2 and he’s playing the game like it’s week 5 or 6. Unless there’s a clear reason to make a move at this point in the game you shouldn’t.

He’s an east target being the oldest which is all the more reason he should be trying to win favour with the house rather than taking a shot at someone literally no one wanted out.

This reeks of cockiness as he’s clearly thinking his boys alliance will dominate in the weeks ahead.

I don't think he needed to ruffle feathers but I never really buy in to the holding off on the big moves thing either - it usually only benefits the alphas in the house. I'm not sure Jay going is that big a deal either.

I don't think he needed to ruffle feathers but I never really buy in to the holding off on the big moves thing either - it usually only benefits the alphas in the house. I'm not sure Jay going is that big a deal either.
My point was why ruffle feathers at this point in the game if you don’t have to? For me at this point in the game I’d be more concerned with widening my circle of influence than I would be at making an unnecessary “big move”. Your typical winner doesn’t really emerge until the midway point the only way a move like this doesn’t bite him in the ass is if he and his boys can brute force their way further in the game.

We'll see but I think regardless of what he did he is a pre-jury boot either way.

Nice to see the wheel in use for the Veto selection. Wouldn't mind it being used to determine the replacement either just to add a bit of much needed randomness to the game, though BB Canada not quite as bad as BBUS for repeatedly favouring a backdooring strategy. I guess taking the HoH out of the Veto comp helps that a bit.

A random choice Veto would make for an interesting one off special power but I can’t see it working as a regular thing. They clearly want the Veto used more often than not and leaving the replacement to random draw would mean less rather than more risk taking. They’d be better off allowing the Veto holder to name the replacement IMO.

Didn't need the sick bucket as much as the Jordan/Jeff proposal from years ago - glad to see Queen Ika and Demetres still going strong. Thought she'd burnt her bridges with Global too when she quit a couple of years back amongst the Black Lives Matters fall out so nice they let them do that.

Much preferred Betty when she was edited out - pathetic reaction to being nominated. It's part of the game and crying about being nominated this early on is like crying because you've been asked a question on Who Wants to be a Millionaire. I always judge people on how they handle both nominating and being nominated and she's one of the worst I've seen and is lucky the house didn't flip on her. How she spoke to Kevin was disgusting.

Glad for once they finished the HoH comp in the show though it was a tedius one to watch play out "live". I do like the appropriate link between the insurance sponsor and the "eviction protection insurance" though not sure how I feel about viewers awarding it. For me it has to be done secretly and then used like a veto if the person is nominated. Like I said though with the week 1 safety it might be more interesting if it lasted multiple weeks, though with a twist that you can cash it in (for increasing amounts) after each HoH comp.

Just realised they didn't do the door thing after the eviction either. Might show up in the next show if they did it later, though I think Arisa suggested it wouldn't happen weekly, but a twist like that feels a bit rigged when it only happens in certain weeks.

Not watch it yet but he's ruined his fan favourite status by actually getting on the show. Nice to see someone not play it safe in the early weeks though so hopefully it kicks the season into gear a bit but yes, he's done it in a way which pisses off everyone inside and outside the house rather than earns him respect.

A nice blindside to end a messy week - refreshing to see the housemates realising they have the power when it comes to eviction night rather than just doing what the HoH wants.

Enjoyable first ep to the week - possibly the perfect scenario for producers following the blindside. Knowing how it develops too this week should be a goody too.

A shame though they seem to have abandoned competitions for the first show of the week. Yes, glad so far they're getting the HoH done and dusted in the "live" show (indeed this weeks episode confirms they leave far more than just a few minutes between the "live eviction" and "live HoH comp") but is missing a comp they all compete in IMO. Doesn't look like they're bothering with Have Nots at the moment, though the whole house has been put on slop and cold showers this week.

Liking the synergy between Kyle Moore and Kyle Moore.

Back to the HoH not being completed in the "live" show last night. They teased it and began the comp with HMs having 4 minutes to try and open the doors and find 5 former houseguests, then answer questions on what they found. The actually comp though didn't take place, but...

Jess won.

Last edited:
Liking the synergy betweek Kyle Moore and Kyle Moore.

Back to the HoH not being completed in the "live" show last night. They teased it and began the comp with HMs having 4 minutes to try and open the doors and find 5 former houseguests, then answer questions on what they found. The actually comp though didn't take place, but...

Jess won.
Kyle Moore 2.0 does have the distinction of being not just the only Kyle Moore to have but the only Kyle in BB history to have won HoH.

Confirmed the double eviction will involve a "chain of safety", so I'm assuming one person will become HoH and award safety to another, which is then passed on either until two nominees remain or one evictee.

Chain of Safety kind of worked as expected except they stopped at three and had a further comp for the last place. Also the winner didn't technically become HoH, so was kind of unfair the outgoing HoH couldn't compete in the first comp (especially given the outcome), though it would probably have also been unfair to allow them to compete too.

Also not sure why they got all the HMs to wear athletic gear when neither comp was athletic. May have been a bluff, or maybe for the HoH comp after the show, but it made it blatantly obvious who the evictee was going to be. Considering the "live" shows are still pre-recorded in the afternoons they could have given them time to change anyway.

Back