Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2022 - Back To The Future - Promos, Trailers & Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ll see how this all pans out. I still think it’s going to be a disaster and hope fans see through the smoke screen they’re trying to create.
It could go either way. If ratings stay somewhat similar than unfortunately fans will be roped into what ever bullshit seven glosses over it. If it rates lower than BBAU could well be on it's way to extinction, again.

The trouble is any hype around this was last October when it first leaked it was happening. By the time it aired about 8 months later even those who were intrigued by the prospect when it was announced will likely no longer particularly care.

Based on the last couple of years though should we be expecting promos soon, perhaps as soon as next week after the Olympics? The trouble is they'll almost certainly build all the promos around the returning housemates, putting the newbies at an even bigger disadvantages than they were already at.

The trouble is any hype around this was last October when it first leaked it was happening. By the time it aired about 8 months later even those who were intrigued by the prospect when it was announced will likely no longer particularly care.

Based on the last couple of years though should we be expecting promos soon, perhaps as soon as next week after the Olympics? The trouble is they'll almost certainly build all the promos around the returning housemates, putting the newbies at an even bigger disadvantages than they were already at.
My understanding is that the series is BB14 Ft. Some returning HM’s. I anticipate the opposite… Cast reveal will likely start with newbies with the returning HM’s only being alluded to until much later.

Is there any evidence that this season actually concluded filming and wasn’t shut down mid way? There’s been fuck all written about it in the usual tabloids than past seasons

I’m hoping it means they’re holding off on their really bad intentional leaks this time around but channel 7 doesn’t strike me as being smart enough to do that

I'm kinda shocked with the lack of promos for this season. This time last year we had seen the new house, several housemates and had even named some of them. The mirror room had also been leaked and eye of the tiger was stuck in my head for an agonising amount of time. It's been so long now since they announced this returnee twist, I fear many of the casual audience who would have been excited have now completely forgotten. People I know are all confused thinking VIP was the all stars and have forgotten all about this upcoming season. Unless the season is airing later, lets say May for instance, then promos need to start airing soon advertising people like Tim and Reggie otherwise the Masterchef ads teasing Julie Goodwin returning will probably steal viewers.

I did think they'd tease something off the back of the Olympics. I think the trouble is with Seven running with mutiple shorter franchises there are probably 2 or 3 stripped shows to go after SAS before they get to Big Brother.

I did think they'd tease something off the back of the Olympics. I think the trouble is with Seven running with mutiple shorter franchises there are probably 2 or 3 stripped shows to go after SAS before they get to Big Brother.
Thats true. It's strange that last year we got a teaser on February first and now we're going into March with absolutely nothing.

They have SAS, Dancing with the Stars (All Stars) and then The Voice Australia as well. I’m not exactly sure if Channel 7 have priorities sorted. It seems a lot to juggle. But they did say BB to start in Q2 (April-June). So my bet is we get something on Tuesday.

They have SAS, Dancing with the Stars (All Stars) and then The Voice Australia as well. I’m not exactly sure if Channel 7 have priorities sorted. It seems a lot to juggle. But they did say BB to start in Q2 (April-June). So my bet is we get something on Tuesday.
based on the Programmer's wrap the voice will follow BB and precede the commonwealth games in July. With SAS and DWTS having now started I am surprised there is nothing being advertised. It is pretty common now for networks to advertise their flagpole shows well around two months before they are (unsure if seven does but ten and nine are criminal for it, especially ten) so I am guessing it is going to air around May head to head against Masterchef Faves vs Foodies.

Last edited:
based on the Programmer's wrap the voice will follow BB and precede the commonwealth games in July. With SAS and DWTS having now started I am surprised there is nothing being advertised. It is pretty common now for networks to advertise their flagpole shows well around two months before they are (unsure if seven does but ten and nine are criminal for it, especially ten) so I am guessing it is going to air around May head to head against Masterchef Favs vs Foodies.
I’m also predicting a May start as well. Hopefully at the start of the month too maybe?

Last year we got the first full promo 12 whole weeks before the season started. So either they are slack with the promos for this season, or more likely, it's going to launch in May.

It seems Big Brother is going to miss his own 21st birthday.

A post on reddit has speculated that the finale 3
Will consist of 2 newbies and one returnee who is Reggie
I don't know how much stock I'd put in that, but at least there's finally something swirling around

Thoughts:

That's pretty amazing if the returnee gets up, just in terms of the storyline you could draw from it. But absolutely sux to be the newbies, and it would just go to vindicate what I once said about a BB Fans vs Favourites format -- it's simply not fair to the new people to come up against those with established fanbases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back