Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2021: Promos, Trailers & Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolded surely shows you this no mystery..
But as hard as it is to accept, this is the sought after demo. Not saying its right at all.
Just a commercial modern reality.

Sure of course it is the truth. Helen Keller could see that. All back to what I initially was just saying that these FB groups created by younger kids are beyond frustrating to read for someone who is on this forum to have an actual conversation about Big Brother and not argue with a 13 year old who sees Skye Wheatley as the rest of see Reggie or Sara-Marie.

Sure of course it is the truth. Helen Keller could see that. All back to what I initially was just saying that these FB groups created by younger kids are beyond frustrating to read for someone who is on this forum to have an actual conversation about Big Brother and not argue with a 13 year old who sees Skye Wheatley as the rest of see Reggie or Sara-Marie.
Just accept the reality of the current zeitgeist. As unpalatable as it is.
Its just the way it is. By all means spout your disgust but know at the saqme time its never gonna reverse.
So you take it as it now is and try and enjoy it. Or forgore it, with good justification.
Arguing for the sake of how it should be is a long past pointless excercise.
By all means vent here, but dont expect it to ever change now to what you want the series to be.
Thats dust now

Unless you build a time machine of course to travel back to when big brother Australia was at its best.

@Fuzz, I’m not sure you’re reading any post here properly. We’re running round in circles when we’re all more or less implying the exact same thing. Nobody is saying the show should revert to what it was, and we are not stupid enough to believe that it ever will. For the most part, we actually agree with you.

I believe @Zcsund1234’s intentions align with what you are saying. The problems he has outlined simply provide further context to the broader argument. But you’re completely misinterpreting the direction of these posts. Get off the defensive.

I wonder if the new housemates have actually watched big brother before or if they are all a bunch of noobs?

I think the recent conversation in this thread is hilarious... IIRC it wasn’t long ago that a certain member caught a lot of flack from me for similar reasons. How the innocent have become the jaded 🤣

@Fuzz, I’m not sure you’re reading any post here properly. We’re running round in circles when we’re all more or less implying the exact same thing. Nobody is saying the show should revert to what it was, and we are not stupid enough to believe that it ever will. For the most part, we actually agree with you.

I believe @Zcsund1234’s intentions align with what you are saying. The problems he has outlined simply provide further context to the broader argument. But you’re completely misinterpreting the direction of these posts. Get off the defensive.

Exactly right. I am merely saying that if people on this forum are going to check out the online Facebook groups then be prepared to bombarded with an abundance of questions that should be common knowledge to a BB fan. Do I have issues with the current BBAU format? Yes. Do I want it to revert to the original? To an extent yes? Am I happy accepting it for what it is and watching anyway? I wouldn’t be on this forum discussing it if I wasn’t. The issue isn’t the fact that there’s a format change, the issue is that the show is doing a better job at confusing it’s targeted demographic rather than easily explain it’s premise and the basics around the show. That itself is a fault with production, editing and just anyone who works for the show. The US version keeps up with modern twists and is able to produce a show that doesn’t confuse fans. And as commonly understood amongst the BBUS fan base most of them are around my age and have been watching since BB16. The audience that watches BBUS now compared to 2001 is drastically different. But with the format of BBUS and how it is produced and presented, it allows for these newer fans to understand the logistics of the show even if they aren’t diehard fans. My whole point is the format of the show isn’t the issue (and I would argue this exact point for the initial format) the issue is how the show is treated by production and the Network.

I think the recent conversation in this thread is hilarious... IIRC it wasn’t long ago that a certain member caught a lot of flack from me for similar reasons. How the innocent have become the jaded 🤣

I wonder who that certain member is? 🤔🤔

Exactly right. I am merely saying that if people on this forum are going to check out the online Facebook groups then be prepared to bombarded with an abundance of questions that should be common knowledge to a BB fan. Do I have issues with the current BBAU format? Yes. Do I want it to revert to the original? To an extent yes? Am I happy accepting it for what it is and watching anyway? I wouldn’t be on this forum discussing it if I wasn’t. The issue isn’t the fact that there’s a format change, the issue is that the show is doing a better job at confusing it’s targeted demographic rather than easily explain it’s premise and the basics around the show. That itself is a fault with production, editing and just anyone who works for the show. The US version keeps up with modern twists and is able to produce a show that doesn’t confuse fans. And as commonly understood amongst the BBUS fan base most of them are around my age and have been watching since BB16. The audience that watches BBUS now compared to 2001 is drastically different. But with the format of BBUS and how it is produced and presented, it allows for these newer fans to understand the logistics of the show even if they aren’t diehard fans. My whole point is the format of the show isn’t the issue (and I would argue this exact point for the initial format) the issue is how the show is treated by production and the Network.
BBUS has also run continuously with the same format for 20 years now. Unlike BBAU that just returned after its longest hiatus. They were clearly banking on the bulk of fans returning.

I also think the fact that they’ve left out setting up key elements because production and the network clearly took the premise of “Survivor in a house” too literally. Unlike BB there are certain elements of the format viewers can distinguish just by watching... Clearly people living on a beach don’t have access to everyday luxuries and technologies.

I thought the point that fuzz was making was that gatekeeping big brother by condescending about these new fans does no one any favours.

I thought the point that fuzz was making was that gatekeeping big brother by condescending about these new fans does no one any favours.
I think both sides have a point... Newbs are annoying af and newbs are going to newb. If newbs should be allowed to newb then established members should also be allowed to complain about them. The two essentially cancel each other out.

I just want more members for this forum
Perhaps if you weren’t annoying and didn’t feed every god damn troll that pops up here we’d stand a better chance. I know of at least one past member who left because they were sick of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back