Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2021: Promos, Trailers & Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did notice the old "Mr Whippy" ice cream van in the promo clips. Now I am wondering are they just serving the housemates ice creams or is some poor bugger housemate going to be stuck in that van the whole time during their time in the house? Brings back some memories of "Nobbi in the combi" from back in 2008.

I did notice the old "Mr Whippy" ice cream van in the promo clips. Now I am wondering are they just serving the housemates ice creams or is some poor bugger housemate going to be stuck in that van the whole time during their time in the house? Brings back some memories of "Nobbi in the combi" from back in 2008.
I’m pretty sure we know the answer to that one.

Blergh. Pushing another showmance. Sorry Brenton, you don't seem very straight to me...
I thought that too. I wonder if he’s gonna do a David and tell everyone on national tv..
I like him though, and I think he’ll be “best bros” with the guy with the beard.

The BBAU Facebook has launched an official private Group for the “superfans”. No doubt it’ll be overrun by mostly “new” fans but I feel like it might be an interesting way for some of us to directly share thoughts and ideas about the format that might actually get seen by somebody in charge at Seven’s version.

The BBAU Facebook has launched an official private Group for the “superfans”. No doubt it’ll be overrun by mostly “new” fans but I feel like it might be an interesting way for some of us to directly share thoughts and ideas about the format that might actually get seen by somebody in charge at Seven’s version.

Sounds like it will be a negativity free zone, I.e. no suggestions for improvement welcome.

I've been in numerous groups on FB like that. They're all full of people my age if not younger. It's a bunch of noobs who have never seen anything more than the 2013 and 2014 seasons of BB, they are constantly asking questions like "are they allowed phones" "what are the finalists doing in the house right now?" "what happens behind the scenes". Its embarrassing.

I've been in numerous groups on FB like that. They're all full of people my age if not younger. It's a bunch of noobs who have never seen anything more than the 2013 and 2014 seasons of BB, they are constantly asking questions like "are they allowed phones" "what are the finalists doing in the house right now?" "what happens behind the scenes". Its embarrassing.
Oh totally.

In saying that, interestingly the only post so far is by a fan who has asked what everybody’s favourite season is, and quite a few people have responded. Surprisingly, every single response bar two have said either 2001 or 2003-2005. So perhaps not all noobs.

Oh totally.

In saying that, interestingly the only post so far is by a fan who has asked what everybody’s favourite season is, and quite a few people have responded. Surprisingly, every single response bar two have said either 2001 or 2003-2005. So perhaps not all noobs.
Whoah fella. Any need to castigate anyone who is or isnt a fan? To discriminate? This franchise is dying on the vine in reality so fans, all fans are important. Noobs or otherwise.
I know you think deeply about BB( the theorist moniker was a clue even a dummpkoph like me picked up on), but lets encourage talk.;););)

Whoah fella. Any need to castigate anyone who is or isnt a fan? To discriminate? This franchise is dying on the vine in reality so fans, all fans are important. Noobs or otherwise.
I know you think deeply about BB( the theorist moniker was a clue even a dummpkoph like me picked up on), but lets encourage talk.;););)
Huh. My posts, the one you quoted nor the one before, weren't critical in the slightest. I was merely responding to a relay of information. If anything, the post before mine could be considered objectively more offensive than mine was - and even then, he ain't wrong.

If you think we should be encouraging talk, I suggest you start posting more often. ;););)

I reckon for that Facebook group they should have a quiz to seperate the true big brother auters from your average big brother pleb. You know, the type who'll only foolishly watch it once. Like some sort of amateur.

So, just a few simple questions such as "In the 2005 big brother, in how many blades of grass were in the backyard?"

Huh. My posts, the one you quoted nor the one before, weren't critical in the slightest. I was merely responding to a relay of information. If anything, the post before mine could be considered objectively more offensive than mine was - and even then, he ain't wrong.

If you think we should be encouraging talk, I suggest you start posting more often. ;););)
Theo......you know me kinda. I post firmly with tongue in cheek. Look at my post history.
I can be serious if I find something offensive or plain wrong on my moral standings, but they are few and far between.
I think we should be more concrentrating on the production of what i fear will be but a replica of the pale imitation of last year rather than worry bout fans per se.
I dont wanna ackowlege this, but i fear its eternally doomed to be dumbed down. Not as a slight to modern viewers. But more that attention spans arent allowed to span in this modern age of bombastic immediate responses via social media without any pause.
Its just see...post....see...post....react.
think and consider later.

Theo......you know me kinda. I post firmly with tongue in cheek. Look at my post history.
I can be serious if I find something offensive or plain wrong on my moral standings, but they are few and far between.
I think we should be more concrentrating on the production of what i fear will be but a replica of the pale imitation of last year rather than worry bout fans per se.
I dont wanna ackowlege this, but i fear its eternally doomed to be dumbed down. Not as a slight to modern viewers. But more that attention spans arent allowed to span in this modern age of bombastic immediate responses via social media without any pause.
Its just see...post....see...post....react.
think and consider later.
I’m only confused because I wholeheartedly agree with you - not once did my posts criticise any fans, new or old. You misunderstood what I said.

I’m only confused because I wholeheartedly agree with you - not once did my posts criticise any fans, new or old. You misunderstood what I said.
You are too literal friend. It was a playful jest at your zest to do with all things BB. No harm intended.
You are a bastion and light beacon for all things BB to be scrutinised.
You are a super fan beyond reproach

I am sorry but if a "fan" of Big Brother is asking "are they allowed a phone in there" "are they filmed 24/7" "are they still in the house" needs to be evicted by Big Brother himself..... they probably also think Big Brother appears in person to evict them.. the questions and statements the 16 year olds come out with on these FB groups are mind grating to a super fan. It also just goes to show how poor of a job the show does in modern days at explaining it's premise to it's audience.

Last edited:
I am sorry but if a "fan" of Big Brother is asking "are they allowed a phone in there" "are they filmed 24/7" "are they still in the house" needs to be evicted by Big Brother himself..... they probably also think Big Brother appears in person to evict them.. the questions and statements the 16 year olds come out with on these FB groups are mind grating to a super fan. It also just goes to show how poor of a job the show does in modern days at explaining it's premise to it's audience.
Dont disagree. But 16 year olds and at that age or a bit over is the demographic they are seeking.
They are their money market. Social media wise. Talking wise. Anything older is redundant as hard as that is to accept for some.
I mean no discrimination except that its the commercial reality of the way they will produce the show.
Super fans mean nothing to them. Its the buzz talk on social which implemets their direction. Sad yes but indispuitably true.

Dont disagree. But 16 year olds and at that age or a bit over is the demographic they are seeking.
They are their money market. Social media wise. Talking wise. Anything older is redundant as hard as that is to accept for some.
I mean no discrimination except that its the commercial reality of the way they will produce the show.
Super fans mean nothing to them. Its the buzz talk on social which implemets their direction. Sad yes but indispuitably true.
My main point is the fact that these kids don't even understand the basics of how Big Brother works just shows how bad the show itself is at explaining it. Of course casual fans are where the money and viewership is at. If it was solely based on super fans the show would be lucky to even rate well on go or online alone. It is just beyond frustrating seeing people consistently ask "what time is it on tonight" "why are they talking to Big Brother?""why aren't we voting for the winner yet" "Can they see the cameraman?". This show used to answer these questions without needing to answer them. Now it just causes more confusion which in turn just makes the young causal fan base that one bit more frustrating.

My main point is the fact that these kids don't even understand the basics of how Big Brother works just shows how bad the show itself is at explaining it. Of course casual fans are where the money and viewership is at. If it was solely based on super fans the show would be lucky to even rate well on go or online alone. It is just beyond frustrating seeing people consistently ask "what time is it on tonight" "why are they talking to Big Brother?""why aren't we voting for the winner yet" "Can they see the cameraman?". This show used to answer these questions without needing to answer them. Now it just causes more confusion which in turn just makes the young causal fan base that one bit more frustrating.
Bolded surely shows you this no mystery..
But as hard as it is to accept, this is the sought after demo. Not saying its right at all.
Just a commercial modern reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back