Skip to main content

Big Brother 2021 confirmed (recording late 2020)

It’s 100% confirmed!!

(snip)

If you are selected to be a contestant on the show you will need to commit to 10-12 consecutive weeks of filming in the Big Brother house during the period on or around October/December 2020.

Prerecorded, groan... 😒 Why, Channel 7, do you insist on destroying any potential excitement about a new BB series!?! Short episode turnarounds are crucial to avoid another manufactured season full of fakery. And if you absolutely must shoehorn Big Brother to mimic just about every other mundane reality tv format, at least commit to pushing onto 7plus a daily dose of unedited house footage (except for censorship) lasting 60 minutes. Long scenes played in real time. That does not mean an hour full of short clips to suit your own narratives. Signed, an original BB fan.

Prerecorded, groan... 😒 Why, Channel 7, do you insist on destroying any potential excitement about a new BB series!?! Short episode turnouts are crucial to avoid another manufactured season full of fakery. And if you absolutely must shoehorn Big Brother to mimic just about every other mundane reality tv format, at least commit to pushing onto 7plus a daily dose of unedited house footage (except for censorship) lasting 60 minutes. Long scenes played in real time. That does not mean an hour full of short clips to suit your own narratives. Signed, an original BB fan.

BB is coming back! YAY!

"Sources" are telling TVB there will be some all stars in the new season
I’m still completely convinced they are going to do an All Stars series sooner than we think. It’s likely next year could be an amalgamation of the two, a “fans vs faves” type scenario. It would certainly drive viewership if the season does indeed go up against MAFS.

I wonder whether it will compete against I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! or Married at First Sight.

If its airing in February, both. The tail end of I'm a Celebrity and the MAFS full run.

I hope it starts in January instead and competes more directly with I'm a Celebrity for the first month if I'm a Celebrity also starts in January. I think that starting at the same time as MAFS might be a risk.

I hope it starts in January instead and competes more directly with I'm a Celebrity for the first month if I'm a Celebrity also starts in January. I think that starting at the same time as MAFS might be a risk.

It can't start in January as the Australian Open is on then.

If the AusOpen goes ahead... the borders mightn't be open.

The US Open is going on ahead with no crowds in September so the Aus Open could still happen. The organisers are also thinking about having an Australian only crowd with the players coming here a month before hand so they can do their 14 days of quarantine and then play.

Back