Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Housemates

I'm starting to see why there are rumours as to why the cast hasn't had chemistry. Yes I love the diversity in age ranges, but I think it may be partially to blame as to why the cast hasn't had chemistry. I think people like Angela, Zoe, Kieran would all make great TV, but based on the hm's seen none of the hm's seem like they'd get along. Of course all the hm's haven't been revealed and the series hasn't aired so i want to be proved wrong, but all the hm's seem like they're at different levels. I couldn't pick any of them to be friends beside Sophie and Chad.
None of the housemates getting along isn't itself a problem - indeed if that's how you feel it would be it suggests quite a diverse cast and the magic of Big Brother is always people from different walks of lives getting on. Chemistry is as much about how they wouldn't get along as how they would get along - however it happens for us it needs to be in an interesting way. Friction can make for good viewing, but it can also make for rather boring viewing.

I've always found with the North American format there is usually so much more respect between contestants and although in the house it may be game on and you'll often have cliques and alliances who seem to be polar opposites, generally speaking away from the game they seem to get on and afterwards remain connected through the bond of Big Brother.

None of the housemates getting along isn't itself a problem - indeed if that's how you feel it would be it suggests quite a diverse cast and the magic of Big Brother is always people from different walks of lives getting on. Chemistry is as much about how they wouldn't get along as how they would get along - however it happens for us it needs to be in an interesting way. Friction can make for good viewing, but it can also make for rather boring viewing.

I've always found with the North American format there is usually so much more respect between contestants and although in the house it may be game on and you'll often have cliques and alliances who seem to be polar opposites, generally speaking away from the game they seem to get on and afterwards remain connected through the bond of Big Brother.
I completely agree. I feel like from the housemates we've been given, some of them seem like they'd be great to watch, however, I feel as though they need similar people in order to come out of their shell and be themselves. E.g I think Kieran would need another nerdy, quirky, funny 21 year old in order for him come out of his shell and be himself. I couldn't see him getting along with any of the other hm's, hence leading to him being more reserved. If you look back at the other seasons of bb aus the casts worked cause they were of similar age and similar people. Diversity is great, however I feel like they needed to consider weather the cast would get along and there'd be good chemistry. I hope to be proven wrong and reports that the cast flopped is untrue, but for me it seems to be looking true.

I have always preferred the idea of a diverse cast, as if big brother randomly plucked a few people from their homes around Australia and plonked them in the big brother house and mischievously told them to play nice.

I reckon so, the alliances will be fake and one-dimensional if not. Noone will be on the same wave-length. Usually in casts you can pick the alliances. These peops I actually can't pick.

That could make the alliances more fun to watch.

I joined this website just the other day because I wrongly assumed that there would be mature conversation and the occasional disagreement. However I feel I’ve wasted my time joining this forum. As such I’m going to deactivate my membership, and instead use the big brother Facebook page to converse and have adult conversation. I would encourage others to do so as well. Good bye.

Another bad thing about letting the audience vote at the end is that the producers could manipulate the vote anyway they want. Make a reasonable person seem awful and vice versa.

The thing is the guy from the other TV blog is known to be a BB fan and would never act like this so I am not sure why this one would.

Back