Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Housemates

I really don’t like all these personal attacks. Can we all play nice and get back to discussing the housemates?

Are we at the point where we can have a HM release every day now? If there is they'd still be 5 days left until the premiere, the next 2 can be used for the "random facts" tweets that have come out for a few of the HM's revealed and whatever else they have that gives out a little more information leading up to Ep1 and then there's only 3 days remaining which wouldn't need anything new because the season's about to start.

Didn't 7 originally want a radical and controversial show? I mean when they announced the revival they showed all of the controversial/enticing bits. It was my understanding that this was going to be their answers to MAFS in some way...? Isn't MAFS rated M or sumn? If 7 want yet another flop family friendly show they're more than welcome to waste their money but honestly I thought this would have been a great opportunity to capitalise on the shock reality TV movement. Clearly family friendly TV isn't working when you have the younger demographic glued to bogans throwing wine at each other and cheating? 7866205C-A131-4047-B517-6C9CB6567849.jpeg

Last season all the way back in 2014 where there was a cheating scandal and people hooked up in the house. I remember posters here were turned off by that. You can have interesting big brother stuff without having to resort it to being a MAFS clone.

I hope these housemates will be exciting and interesting enough for us to dedicate appreciation threads to them like what happened in the 2014 season. They were fun. Nothing like a good old fashioned appreciation thread.

@Blackbox Do you know if the whole cast will be released before the season starts airing by C7? (or you?)
Are you thinking about leaking another HM in the near future before C7 or are you letting them do it when they want to?

@Blackbox Do you know if the whole cast will be released before the season starts airing by C7? (or you?)
Are you thinking about leaking another HM in the near future before C7 or are you letting them do it when they want to?
We have decided not to release any more names. As for Channel 7, my understanding is about 50% of the housemates will be revealed, but that could change if producers feel the housemates aren't connecting with the audience.

At the moment, they are monitoring social media feedback and making decisions accordingly.

We have decided not to release any more names. As for Channel 7, my understanding is about 50% of the housemates will be revealed, but that could change if producers feel the housemates aren't connecting with the audience.

At the moment, they are monitoring social media feedback and making decisions accordingly.
So far, most of the housemates haven't been received well. People don't like the fact that all of the cast except for one have had some level of fame. What is your opinion on this?

Apart from this, I do think that the cast is on par with other seasons. I am enjoying the heightened age range, but I haven't been blown away by the cast so far. But I guess time will tell whether the cast has chemistry or not. Imo the standouts are Zoe, Angela and Marissa.

So far, most of the housemates haven't been received well. People don't like the fact that all of the cast except for one have had some level of fame. What is your opinion on this?

Apart from this, I do think that the cast is on par with other seasons. I am enjoying the heightened age range, but I haven't been blown away by the cast so far. But I guess time will tell whether the cast has chemistry or not. Imo the standouts are Zoe, Angela and Marissa.
And I think you are indicative of the general feedback they are getting.

We've already released names before Seven and it would seem that hasn't been good enough. Go back through the stories on TVBB and I'm happy to have my credibility stand on those. We released Zoe George weeks ago, for example.
I have been wondering if 7 were going to announce Zoe as part of the cast on Mother's Day but after Ben said he thought that's what they'd do a couple of days beforehand they switched it up just to make him look stupid? Would they do that?

I have been wondering if 7 were going to announce Zoe as part of the cast on Mother's Day but after Ben said he thought that's what they'd do a couple of days beforehand they switched it up just to make him look stupid? Would they do that?
Yes, yes they would

I think a heightened age range might work if they bring in cast members with a feisty edge like on MAFS or the Real Housewives but so far I haven't got that impression from the ads I've seen. Hopefully my impression is wrong as I don't want to assume anything until the show airs for a few weeks.

Back