Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Housemates

Did we not just go over this? If you’re going to post TVBlackBox articles here to please copy and paste the article so we aren’t driving traffic to that godawful website.
Sorry you feel that way about our website. Not sure what we've done to offend you though. There seems to be some negativity towards us over our stories (although as far as I'm aware all of our stories have been correct).

A shame, I came by here to share a love of Big Brother, not sure why there is so much hate?

Cheers, Rob

Sorry you feel that way about our website. Not sure what we've done to offend you though. There seems to be some negativity towards us over our stories (although as far as I'm aware all of our stories have been correct).

A shame, I came by here to share a love of Big Brother, not sure why there is so much hate?

Cheers, Rob

I'm not sure either. Some people I think feed off hate and negativity.

Just don't claim exclusives that aren't yours - confirming the return of a show another website exclusively revealed a week earlier as an exclusive and then gloating about it for months is just not classy. That is what pissed me off as a long term visitor of the site who truly did have the exclusive.

It never comes across well either when sites or media organisations come across as too close to whom they're reporting on - feels like you're being briefed as part of Seven's media strategy to "leak" information rather than getting your info in a more sexy underhand way where it feels a bit naughty reading about it. I don't think readers like to feel like they're puppets in a marketing ploy.

Just don't claim exclusives that aren't yours - confirming the return of a show another website exclusively revealed a week earlier as an exclusive and then gloating about it for months is just not classy. That is what pissed me off as a long term visitor of the site who truly did have the exclusive.

It never comes across well either when sites or media organisations come across as too close to whom they're reporting on - feels like you're being briefed as part of Seven's media strategy to "leak" information rather than getting your info in a more sexy underhand way where it feels a bit naughty reading about it. I don't think readers like to feel like they're puppets in a marketing ploy.

A couple of things here; we don't claim exclusives on things that aren't exclusive... looking back at this forum it seems you just choose not to believe the stories. Our strike rate is pretty good (I'd say about 95%) when it comes to getting info right. You might be referring to The Daily Mail speculating about the AFL player, but we had actual confirmation which is what made it exclusive (and we also pointed out DM had reported it first -- who else does that?)

And we broke the story about Big Brother going to Channel 7... even when other outlets were contacting me and telling me I was wrong.

And finally, no I can promise you we are not puppets of Channel 7. If anything we piss them off no end. They HATE the fact we have broken so many stories about the show, taking away their control. But I also think they've enjoyed the media hype when they get over the initial shock.

Hand on heart I can tell you Ben and I are not on Seven's payroll and are not being drip-fed information. Our stories come the old fashioned way -- really good contacts.

(And one more final final thing... just because another TV blog doesn't pick up the story does not mean the story isn't true... ever thought they might have other motivations????)

A couple of things here; we don't claim exclusives on things that aren't exclusive... looking back at this forum it seems you just choose not to believe the stories. Our strike rate is pretty good (I'd say about 95%) when it comes to getting info right. You might be referring to The Daily Mail speculating about the AFL player, but we had actual confirmation which is what made it exclusive (and we also pointed out DM had reported it first -- who else does that?)

And we broke the story about Big Brother going to Channel 7... even when other outlets were contacting me and telling me I was wrong.

And finally, no I can promise you we are not puppets of Channel 7. If anything we piss them off no end. They HATE the fact we have broken so many stories about the show, taking away their control. But I also think they've enjoyed the media hype when they get over the initial shock.

Hand on heart I can tell you Ben and I are not on Seven's payroll and are not being drip-fed information. Our stories come the old fashioned way -- really good contacts.

(And one more final final thing... just because another TV blog doesn't pick up the story does not mean the story isn't true... ever thought they might have other motivations????)

You certainly have provided a lot of coverage in regards to the upcoming series of Big Brother. I for one appreciate all the big brother related articles on your site. I mean I think this new series will need all the help it can get and you have done a wonderful job in that regard.

You certainly have provided a lot of coverage in regards to the upcoming series of Big Brother. I for one appreciate all the big brother related articles on your site. I mean I think this new series will need all the help it can get and you have done a wonderful job in that regard.
I agree. Without your site we would not have had all this information we have about the new series. And almost all of your info has been correct. I am appreciative of all your work.

I’m all for people joining the community but I really hope this place doesn’t overrun with links to articles to serve a promotional agenda.

Theres plenty of other places for that so let’s just keep this place about discussion and not trying to get website hits.

Last edited:
I’m all for people joining the community but I really hope this place doesn’t overrun with links to articles to serve someone else’s agenda.

Theres plenty of other places for that so let’s just keep this place about discussion and not trying to get website hits.

What agenda is that?

People who need to know what I’m taking about know. I don’t need to spell it out.
Regardless of credibility or accuracy...
As I said this is a fan site and let’s just keep these discussions to that. BBBA has it’s own news section to serve it’s own purpose and the forums are for discussion in my eyes.

Appreciate the reply. Disagree completely with your definition of exclusive as I don't see confirming another sites rumour as an exclusive, but will agree to disagree on that.

Going off topic here (well, we already are) but has been notable already actually how Seven News have somewhat reported on the show returning as if they were an independent gossip site too rather than the stations own news department.

I saw the thread last night and was a little shocked tbh. Please note I came here to talk BB, not post links etc. I love the show which is why I've been trying to find out everything about it.

I am really excited about this year... I was skeptical at first, but I'm ready to try something new.

Anyway... truly interested to know what people think about the housemates? Personally I think they've released them in the wrong order because they need to show this season is different with its cast of characters.

Anyway... truly interested to know what people think about the housemates? Personally I think they've released them in the wrong order because they need to show this season is different with its cast of characters.
I like the cast so far. I'm hoping to see more people of colour in the house. I do want to see some more stand out personalities. Angela is the only one that pops for me so far, the rest feel pretty average but time will tell.

I don't like how most of the housemates shown so far have some level of fame or recognition. Gives me Survivor champions v contenders vibes. I just hope they, along with the rest, will use strategy and not be all boring with the whole loyalty schtick.

Really wish they weren't pretentious with the casting, literally nobody so far looks like an all star that people will look back on. We need more people like Penny and Skye from 2014 to give us ACTUAL content.

Really wish they weren't pretentious with the casting, literally nobody so far looks like an all star that people will look back on. We need more people like Penny and Skye from 2014 to give us ACTUAL content.
My understanding that is exactly an issue they've faced. Will be interesting to see what they do in the editing process as this is the first time they've been able to really hone the storyline (rather than the quick turnaround of the other series)

My understanding that is exactly an issue they've faced. Will be interesting to see what they do in the editing process as this is the first time they've been able to really hone the storyline (rather than the quick turnaround of the other series)
I'm interested to see whether their storylining is made up of franken-bytes or does what Drag Race and the Bachelor do which is give 2 or 3 cast members "winners edits" and base their storyline around those 3 housemates, which I feel kinda defeats the purpose of them putting 20 of them in there and slightly robs the viewer to find the character they connect best with which was one of the major drawcards of the Big Brother format

None of the housemates have jumped out at me as of yet. I do like the fact that they are a bit older thus far though. A house full of 20 year old something singles has become a staple in BBAus with the odd older housemate here and there. I think getting people in the house that are 30+ makes for better television to be honest. American Survivor always does a good job of casting a wide range of ages and majority of their best characters are usually in their 30's or 40's. I think more life experience makes for better TV characters. Welcome to the board by the way!

Back