Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: House

BB101

2013 House >>>
I think I started the "2014 House" thread on here way back when. Felt like it was appropriate for there to be a similar place to discuss this year's house as we learn more about it over the next few weeks.

From what we've seen so far, the house looks okay. Smaller than the Dreamworld one, though. Don't think you could ever beat that compound tbh. Purpose built, big backyard, seperate kitchen, etc. Sad that it's gone.

26894326-8194515-image-a-22_1586230923559.jpg26894334-8194515-image-m-24_1586230989421.jpg

I think it looks pretty decent to be honest. Yes, the backyard is smaller than what you're used to but as the challenges take place in one of the buildings and with this accelerated format there will be less downtime anyway I don't see that as too much of an issue.

I agree. For what they have managed to do in the space and at a smaller budget I think they have done really well.

Wonder if anyone has been near it lately and if the "compound" is still there or completely back to it shed setup.Keen to see photos

I belie the inside house is bigger than the last one at DW (the sheds) as it appears they utilise all 3 with the top right one the challenge shed.

Last edited:
I reckon they have the house set up across the 2 big sheds and the activity area in the smaller adjacent building next to them, I have been trying to connect the rooms up and tell the difference between the hallways, there's most likely more than 1 hallway. The shot where Sonia asks "Big Brother, what are you playing at?" is definitely the entrance hallway, you can tell by the placement of the door behind her and the shape of it.

Top left is the challenge area, you can see the long rectangle windows between the two buildings... It also has vaulted ceilings, the smaller building has a flat roof... The smaller of the three would most likely be production facilities or a small indoor studio. If they were smart with the main house will be on two levels to make up space.

snap-4-jpg.55258

Top left is the challenge area, you can see the long rectangle windows between the two buildings... It also has vaulted ceilings, the smaller building has a flat roof... The smaller of the three would most likely be production facilities or a small indoor studio. If they were smart with the main house will be on two levels to make up space.

snap-4-jpg.55258
No this is set up in the top right one. The windows and walls on the side are fake in this arena, the "windows" here lineup with the "windows" in the sheds, but both left and right have this. The roof isn't flat its just not as highly pitched which matches this picture.

There is no way they would waste the space on the top left one for an "arena" as its almost the same size as the main house.

The Roof of the left one is too high to match this one. I posted this in one of the threads a while back

An image to show what I mean:
You can see there's an enclosed "airport" style walkway coming from the right shed thats fully enclosed. Would make sense that the housemates go to the challenge area via this.
1588833757880.png

Last edited:
Also: this is what the main house shed looks like normally:

Production side end:
3695262.jpg

Internally:
3695264.jpg

Top Right Shed (according to overview house shot above) - Note the roof isn't pitched.
3571857.jpg

The back of the top left (according to overview shot of house):
3695261.jpg

No this is set up in the top right one. The windows and walls on the side are fake in this arena, the "windows" here lineup with the "windows" in the sheds, but both left and right have this. The roof isn't flat its just not as highly pitched which matches this picture.

There is no way they would waste the space on the top left one for an "arena" as its almost the same size as the main house.

The Roof of the left one is too high to match this one. I posted this in one of the threads a while back

An image to show what I mean:
You can see there's an enclosed "airport" style walkway coming from the right shed thats fully enclosed. Would make sense that the housemates go to the challenge area via this.
View attachment 55290
That walkway appears to be a camera/crew one.. they’ve clearly attempted to properly merge the sheds more seamlessly to the left of that walkway.

Also: this is what the main house shed looks like normally:

Production side end:
3695262.jpg

Internally:
3695264.jpg

Top Right Shed (according to overview house shot above) - Note the roof isn't pitched.
3571857.jpg

The back of the top left (according to overview shot of house):
3695261.jpg

Thanks for doing all the hard work for me... What you’ve posted clearly supports my claim that the top left building houses the challenge arena. The smaller building to the right does have a pitched roof but not enough to support the angle of the beams clearly shown in my original post. You can also tell that the height of the walls are much larger that it would be if they were using the smaller building.

Thanks for doing all the hard work for me... What you’ve posted clearly supports my claim that the top left building houses the challenge arena. The smaller building to the right does have a pitched roof but not enough to support the angle of the beams clearly shown in my original post. You can also tell that the height of the walls are much larger that it would be if they were using the smaller building.
...noA7E4EDB7-6388-491F-881B-60750AD2D218.jpeg

Don't really think we need the attitude or the sassy comments.

However it can't be. Look at the height of that shed you're claiming? Its too high and the beams in that shed match the ones of the main house. They are the same style structure.That shed is almost the same size of the house, the challenge arena doesn't look anywhere near that big?

EDIT:
Capture.JPG
Another shot of the challenge arena. You can see the trusses across the top in red aren't that steep which match the smaller shed and not the profile of the other larger one. The width of this doesn't match what you're saying.

Last edited:
I suspect that corridor runs along the side of the main house shed (behind the giant timer facade with the entry door.

It may NOT be the only corridor like it in the house.

I thought the top left had been previously identified as the challenge area due to the vaulted ceiling - think it was Tim who worked that out. It seems about the right size too for the sort of challenges this format required - the BB Canada "back yard" is easily similar in footprint to the house itself

As for a "studio" - it could just be the stage outside the house, they could set up something in the challenge area when required or one thing I have wondered is that in the promos we can clearly see two different lounge areas so possible there is a room just inside the entrance that acts as a studio.

Had a walk around the house today and all remains largely in tact except for the front facade

there is also a tent off to the right of the house. Wonder what that is for. Perhaps just storage.

15241F7F-CD8D-47EF-B90E-2911DEF9F3A4.jpeg15241F7F-CD8D-47EF-B90E-2911DEF9F3A4.jpeg285E67CE-20A3-4E45-990D-3EA81CA3C7CA.jpeg33F00B59-DD7E-46DB-9757-C42D4E147F6B.jpegE2DC23A3-0BEC-446F-865B-F70B888B7F0A.jpeg

Attachments

• 774A69EE-958E-4146-A0DA-DE16265EFCE3.jpeg
    774A69EE-958E-4146-A0DA-DE16265EFCE3.jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 37
Back