Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020 has begun

Also there is far too much pink and purple color for the actual logo... tells me it would more likely be a femisim with lesbos and gays in the show just like monkeys for your enjoyment and i wont be watching that as i am not wanting to careless to know if your straight or gay .. I just want a normality PERSON and not a ICON person with a peacock over your head. Seriously im so frustraed about this big brother australia. Australia have never been that good at making shows... austrlaia tempt to copy american and british shows... but at the end of the day the australian version shows usually sucks by 90 percent.. Go figuire that out specially the wining money games on channel 7 and channel 9.... most of these shows are british or american.. but Australia tries so hard.. ah yes... we can see that.

Ma’am we know damn well you’re part of the limp wrist community
D222FF94-CDCD-4F16-80B4-872E525D0359.jpeg

Like is aid on the other part. The show is been recorded.. why bother watch the show recorded months old. That be like old news and nothing special about that. Because at the end of all people will end up trying to figure out who won and who came out and who came in and what happen even before the show even ends when it televised for us nation. So it's pointless.. i feel that the show might not even be a true big brother... but rather more a game show big brother style instead of the usual thing.

I enjoyed watching Too Hot to Handle and I am now convinced that pre-recorded reality still has the potential to be good.

Last edited:
Way back when Big Brother first started I was super excited. Perhaps TV was going to push the boundaries of society? Alas that turned out to be a false hope. Thankfully Behind Big Brother forums was around which added another level of engagement. It was and still is of course a great source of news. In those early days some forum members watched the live streams and feed back into the forums. This made it even more exciting.

I used to have a digital tuner hooked up to my only desktop. I used it capture all the shows then scrub back though the shows looking for funny moments to turn into gifs. Now with 2 smart TVs in the house we will never miss an episode and be able to scrub though the ads at will. Bonus!

Well here we are over a decade later and technology has moved so far and so quickly. We have for example NBN here in our house. I was an early adopter of cable and have always enjoyed good speed. Of course data was limited. I think my data limit was a measly 750 MB in those days. :eyeroll:

So now in 2020 I have unlimited data, a phone, [my wife has two] that is always connected, 2 iPads, 3 laptops and two desktops. I have instagram, twitter, flickr, facebook, tumblr accounts. I on occasion sit down and watch youtube instead of TV.

All this stuff seems a life time away for those early days of Big Brother. Imagine what could be achieved with todays tools if the show held its original format?

How will currently social media and tools, hardware and software affect others participation in the show this year given the new format?

ok so I went to the house today to check it out. it is right next to the parking lot in plain sight as everyone has said. got out of the car and immediately heard "This is Big Brother, Xavier, please come to the-". the sound was coming from the black area on the left so I am assuming that is the garden. after that we could hear sirens going off and the housemates screaming so it sounded like there was a challenge going on.
So if anyone knows a Xavier that's gone missing I guess they are in the BB house...

And there you have it folks - the argument has been settled once and for all.

1) Yes the BB voice was speaking in real time.
2) Yes there is a BB housemate named Xavier.
3) And the game you heard was the ball drop.

1) Yes the BB voice was speaking in real time.
It doesn't confirm it was the digitised alien voice though, just that a voice said "this is Big Brother..." - could have been any of the producers for all we know.

What it does confirm was that 6 March was Day 13/14 (can someone replay the ep and check what day it was?). We can exactly extrapolate when the Covid-19 thing affected the house from new reports then.

@timmydownawell - this came up last night in the episode thread, might help give an indication:
Apparently it happens at the midway mark when there are 10 housemates left which would make it the week after. According to the Big Brother 2020 has begun thread someone overheard the ball challenge on March 6th and the house went into lockdown around the 20th of March.

It places it approximately at Episode 11, give or take. So week after next.

I’m just interested how they fill out another 9 or so episodes with only a week and a bit left of footage from the house.

It doesn't confirm it was the digitised alien voice though, just that a voice said "this is Big Brother..." - could have been any of the producers for all we know.

If you read the original post way back on one of the early pages then you will see that the big brother voice was reported to sound like a cheap version of Leon Murray's style which is what this new voice actually sounds like.

Back