Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020 has begun

This is big brother. The world has shut down due to a virus. Toilet paper is the new trading comodity and everyone is in lockdown. You are trapped inside the big brother house until further notice.
Ha Isee
But.....
Yep. Kinda seems that way!

So what happens if everyone outside the house dies and the HMs don't know?

I hope they don't tell them about coronavirus and then film their reaction when they find out the world has gone to shit while they've been in there

If it was actually live, there wouldn't be any audiences for the evictions now anyway. And if they broach the subject as they come out, it'll be kind of weird by the time we finally watch it in May or June.

Maybe the revolution is that we get to watch them watch what is happening to the world with no way to contact anyone they know. Part bb, part gogglebox, part very creepy psychological experience.

Maybe the revolution is that we get to watch them watch what is happening to the world with no way to contact anyone they know. Part bb, part gogglebox, part very creepy psychological experience.
Corona Virus is just a thing made up by channel 7 so the housemates can watch the world suffer

If it was actually live, there wouldn't be any audiences for the evictions now anyway. And if they broach the subject as they come out, it'll be kind of weird by the time we finally watch it in May or June.
Actually, there is talk of a 'peak' infection around June, and for the moment only gatherings of 500 or more are suspended/cancelled etc. (UK pollies are talking up 100 or more as a ceiling just now). :rolleyes: 💩

Do we want to believe they could attract more than 500 after NINE's pale attempt ? :sneaky:

Actually, there is talk of a 'peak' infection around June, and for the moment only gatherings of 500 or more are suspended/cancelled etc. (UK pollies are talking up 100 or more as a ceiling just now). :rolleyes: 💩

Do we want to believe they could attract more than 500 after NINE's pale attempt ? :sneaky:
Austria has banned gatherings over FIVE people

The show without an audience isn't going to look anywhere near as out of place as it would have done a month or so now it's becoming the norm across the industry.

The show without an audience isn't going to look anywhere near as out of place as it would have done a month or so now it's becoming the norm across the industry.

IMO the hysteria around COVID-19 will be over in the next month or so... Had Seven filmed BB live in the time slot they have having an audience wouldn’t be an issue.

Really hope so but here in the UK there is talk of a 4 month lock down for the over 70s.

(Off topic but producers have now told the BB Canada housemates about it).

Last edited:
Really hope so but here in the UK there is talk of a 4 month lock down.

(Off topic but producers have now told the BB Canada housemates about it).

IMO it’s all talk...We’ve been though epidemics before and it’s never as bad as it’s made out to be.

IMO it’s all talk...We’ve been though epidemics before and it’s never as bad as it’s made out to be.
Exactly what I'd been saying up until the end of last week. I'm not worried too much about the actual virus but the policies being put in by governments seemingly unquestioned to supposedly control it, a policy which means my parents (one of whom is in a care home) may not see each other again for months, and a policy which I think will lead to some very tough decisions having to be made in work this week.

I am disappointed it's not live as it would be amazing TV to see them wonder why all of a sudden there is no audience at the eviction. Or even just seeing the news broken to them live.
[/QUOTE]There will be people at channel seven right now realising just how much they stuffed up.

We are way off topic, but death rate is between 2-3% and they are mostly elderly people. Sure it's probably no big deal if you're young/healthy but there simply aren't enough hospital beds - let alone intensive care ones - for a lot of people getting sick at once. A lot of people are about to die.

Back