Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020 auditions

If you're applying for Big Brother, do not post any information in this thread that could reveal your identity.
Cool. I am considering it. Let me know if you see any start dates on there.

Its very lengthy, I haven't seen any dates yet. Its a lot of "how would your friends describe you" "who would you invite to a dinner party dead or alive. I hope this dates around September/October-November/December. I don't exactly want to defer from uni just at the moment lol

Its very lengthy, I haven't seen any dates yet. Its a lot of "how would your friends describe you" "who would you invite to a dinner party dead or alive. I hope this dates around September/October-November/December. I don't exactly want to defer from uni just at the moment lol

Yeah. That is exactly my concern, lol. Would not defer from uni for Big Brother though so better to know in advance.

I hate uploading a video of myself, it's so awkward haha

Ahhhh... One of the most important parts and that is the part that I hate. 😆

You need to come across as confident, camera friendly while composed knowing that you will get judged. Lol.

I know, I answered maybe 30%-40% of it, I'm gonna break it up over the next few days ahah its too much to do in one shot

I don't know why you'd make it so public that you're applying when it's been proven in past that the producers lurk these forums and have disqualified people from the casting process because they made it obvious on here they were applying.

Especially when your name on here is literally your real(?) name

Would the casting people/producers really remember little 'ole us? And in these days of sharing your bowel movements on social media would it really be such a mark against you for saying you were applying?

Which reminds me. I've read mention of Gretel and Mike. But what about ALEX. Is Mavrosciatic still contracted to treating STIs?

If Petey Blackburn is back on board? I'd wager a yes.
And if you actually read the Ts&Cs on the application form.

13. Confidentiality:
(d) I promise not to make any statement... about my participation in the application process and/or the Program to any media organisation, outlet or platform and not to otherwise publish any ... material concerning my participation in the application process, on or via any form of media, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat YouTube or any other social media

Oh well there you have it. I don't think I've ever read a T&C. Most likely commited a kidney at some point. Perhaps I should read them more often? 🤔

It's the legal moron test. If you can't keep quiet about applying, how can production trust you to keep quiet about all the juicy behind-the-scenes shit?

While you're in the T&Cs, what is the availability window?

For applications? I don't think its listed. I'd imagine it'll be open for a few months, as is the case with Aus Survivor which usually opens around this time and closes Jan/Feb.

ETA:
And it wouldn't make sense to start casting now if the show doesn't air until after the Olympics on Seven, i.e. August. They would wait until April to start that process, surely. I'm getting a Q1 vibe.

It'd be Q2ish, most likely. Ausvivor films in May usually, and the application timeline lines up with that at the moment.

For applications? I don't think its listed. I'd imagine it'll be open for a few months, as is the case with Aus Survivor which usually opens around this time and closes Jan/Feb.

ETA:

It'd be Q2ish, most likely. Ausvivor films in May usually, and the application timeline lines up with that at the moment.
As in "I will be available to participate in the show between (date and date 2020)", would assume people's application would be dependent on that availability.

As in "I will be available to participate in the show between (date and date 2020)", would assume people's application would be dependent on that availability.

Yeah it's not even listed which is weird, hey? Unless it's in the questionnaire. But I'm not applying. It was the right time when I tried out a couple years back. Next year's too hectic and I'd probably want to suss if there are live feeds or not first. The most recent BBUS season has shown me that there's no place for a cishet white dude who isn't "boy band hot" on reality tv these days, even if they're left-leaning.

Splitting audition talk into its own thread

Back