Skip to main content

Big Brother 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nup.

If you want to play. Don't roll out trite over explained stuff which is from the PR mouth.
Bring back Goon.

"We are aware of the BB vs XFACTOR situation. It's funny really. Both had had soft release dates. Ie BB via DreamWorld ticket Site, XFactor on Facebook and Twitter."

reallllllllllllly?

"we" are aware?

Looks like it! As mentioned in the stickied scheduled thread, it might be a 2-part launch. I'll be updating that stickied schedule thread as the days become available. I notice Wednesday has a 60 minute TBA followed by a 30 minute TBA... not sure if both of these slots are BB related, though! It'll be much clearer when Nine properly slot in BB without these placeholders :p

Official BB account replied to a fan who asked what days the show would air and OBB replied with : "Weeknights 7pm on 9!"

A while back on the BB site, they had questions relating to FNL and they replied with saying "You'll be very happy with our schedule..." (I know this has been covered previously) But do you think that will be the special show? Or do you think it will be a different night?

It's weird that Big Brother is only 12 days away from starting and Nine aren't promoting it harder apart from that lame 'Twist' ad. It's like they don't even really care about the show that much.

Unfortunately that lame twist ad has worked on the family friendly angle. My miss 7 just loves the ad and asked why are we doing the twist? I said it for big brother, it's going to be back on tv soon. She was super excited. And now schools back, her and her friends have been "twisting" at play time. Oh dear :(

A while back on the BB site, they had questions relating to FNL and they replied with saying "You'll be very happy with our schedule..." (I know this has been covered previously) But do you think that will be the special show? Or do you think it will be a different night?

I can't see them having the FNL 2.0 on Monday night as that would be the best night for Evictions/Nominations. Wednesday would be a good night for games....

Unfortunately that lame twist ad has worked on the family friendly angle. My miss 7 just loves the ad and asked why are we doing the twist? I said it for big brother, it's going to be back on tv soon. She was super excited. And now schools back, her and her friends have been "twisting" at play time. Oh dear :(

That's sad... BB was never intended for such a young audience...

I can't see them having the FNL 2.0 on Monday night as that would be the best night for Evictions/Nominations. Wednesday would be a good night for games....

I disagree... The games should happen BEFORE nominations and if Evictions are moving to Monday, the games following the eviction seems like a great way to set the tone for the week ahead... Wednesday seems like a more practical place for nominations...

They just updated their Facebook status and once again they've said:

"This year's new Housemates are getting ready to go into the Big Brother House... And they have no idea what the twist is!"

I'm really sorry but am I the only person who thinks this statement is just plain bloody stupid?

They just updated their Facebook status and once again they've said:

"This year's new Housemates are getting ready to go into the Big Brother House... And they have no idea what the twist is!"

I'm really sorry but am I the only person who thinks this statement is just plain bloody stupid?

No I'm the same. There's a twist every freaking season. They are not really showing what distinguishes this season from every other season. Their promos so far have been very lame and unimaginative, not even close to the standards of the ads Ten used to produce for past seasons. Whenever Ten showed promos for Big Brother it got me hyped up for the new season and they never repeated their promoting styles, they always changed it up every season. I just don't get the excitement when I view the Nine ads. They are trying to make this show appeal to children when they were never the target audience.

Yep. And what Kingston said following el'coopo's comment is right also, it's just sad.

Sad to think about what Big Brother Australia has become compared to what it started as.

You guys need to remember that Facebook and online wasn't as big years ago to what it is now.

They have aired on TV a 2nd Promotion. They have aired 3 promos online.

TV is different, just wait till Sunday.

This thread shouldn't have been reopened cause its not even about the 2nd promo.

You guys need to remember that Facebook and online wasn't as big years ago to what it is now.

They have aired on TV a 2nd Promotion. They have aired 3 promos online.

TV is different, just wait till Sunday.

This thread shouldn't have been reopened cause its not even about the 2nd promo.

maybe thats because this isnt the 2nd promo thread... :p

I am pretty confident that this year the Nominations show will return to the old Channel 10 days in front of a smaller audience as opposed to last years set up with the big crowd which was just ridiculous. I think they would have done this last year half way through the season but they didn't want to change the set up mid season. The reason I am confident they will do this is because they were struggling to fill up all the seats last year for noms and sell tickets. I know they were handing out hundreds of free tickets to local Coomera schools every week.

So if they do go back to just a smaller audience, hopefully we will get the latest evictees on the nominations show with Sonia. Last year the Housemates only had their eviction interview and than we didn't see them again at all. During the Channel 10 days, Housemates made appearances on several different spin off shows depending on the season including Evictions (Obviously), Nominations, Big Mouth, FNL, Uplate plus more. Each evicted Housemate had up to 3 appearances on the show after they were evicted. This allowed the fans to get a far greater and more insightful insight into the going ons inside the house. Hopefully this year the Housemates will make an appearance on the nominations show plus maybe an appearance on this new Saturday Show with Mike Goldman.

During the Channel 10 days, Housemates made appearances on several different spin off shows depending on the season including Evictions (Obviously), Nominations, Big Mouth, FNL, Uplate plus more.

And Rove. Were they on The Panel as well? edit: yes

But that was when BB was a huge phenomenon. Now, not so much.

Last edited:
I am pretty confident that this year the Nominations show will return to the old Channel 10 days in front of a smaller audience as opposed to last years set up with the big crowd which was just ridiculous. I think they would have done this last year half way through the season but they didn't want to change the set up mid season. The reason I am confident they will do this is because they were struggling to fill up all the seats last year for noms and sell tickets. I know they were handing out hundreds of free tickets to local Coomera schools every week.

So if they do go back to just a smaller audience, hopefully we will get the latest evictees on the nominations show with Sonia. Last year the Housemates only had their eviction interview and than we didn't see them again at all. During the Channel 10 days, Housemates made appearances on several different spin off shows depending on the season including Evictions (Obviously), Nominations, Big Mouth, FNL, Uplate plus more. Each evicted Housemate had up to 3 appearances on the show after they were evicted. This allowed the fans to get a far greater and more insightful insight into the going ons inside the house. Hopefully this year the Housemates will make an appearance on the nominations show plus maybe an appearance on this new Saturday Show with Mike Goldman.

The Noms show DID have a smaller audience. only the first 5 rows (an estimate) were filled and a black backdrop was put up behind these rows :) and yeah they did hand out tix, because they wern't for sale. they got handed out at evictions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back