Skip to main content

Betting Odds 2014

I do actually know someone who doesn't watch but bets on BB.
Oh I'm sure there will be people out there that do but we've had it confirmed this year and last that the hold on these markets is very small. And that's also why I can't bet what I normally do on sports. I couldn't even bet past $30 on Sportsbet today.

@torifrog I should've got you to place my bets! WTF Sportsbet.

I'm with Sportsbet too. I have a pretty long history with them and once won $10K on a $10 bet (first 4 horse race) so maybe I have a bit of wriggle room with them.

I'm with Sportsbet too. I have a pretty long history with them and once won $10K on a $10 bet (first 4 horse race) so maybe I have a bit of wriggle room with them.
Holy crap!!! I think the most I got from a first four was $1300. And it was Moonee Valley so I was clutching that cash like I thought someone would come jack me for it lol

$10 actually doesn't change much. I put $70 on Priya and her odds didn't move. Put $30 on David and an hour later his odds lengthened. *shrug*

Well according to some people every person that puts on a bet changes the odds because it happened to some of them. Deadset....

Well I had in my first 4 a horse I part-owned who was coming back from a long break and I had great faith in him despite his something like 40-1 odds. I got lucky - it hasn't happened since and he's long since retired now.

I bet on Priya to go earlier today, odds didn't change. They sure have changed now, 8 hours later. My bets aren't huge though, it's play money that goes towards voting for David. It makes it more interesting too.

Well I had in my first 4 a horse I part-owned who was coming back from a long break and I had great faith in him despite his something like 40-1 odds. I got lucky - it hasn't happened since and he's long since retired now.
That's awesome! I had a 10% share in a horse when I first moved here and she was a money pit. The whole experience was great as far as the perks you'd get at tracks and getting to have that much attachment to one horse but wow did she blow through the cash. I've always thought about getting back into it but a few people have made pretty strong cases to me against the racing industry so I think I'd feel a bit too guilty now.
Definitely had fun though :)

I bet on Priya to go earlier today, odds didn't change. They sure have changed now, 8 hours later. My bets aren't huge though, it's play money that goes towards voting for David. It makes it more interesting too.
I think it could depend on when someone's betting. I'll need to ask my husband's friend who works at Sportingbet to explain it again. I'm pretty sure when I asked him last year he said that it's all relative to how much $ is in the pool at the time you make your bet. When I get it I'll post his response again.

• Save-David
    10%

• Save-Priya
    29%

• Save-Ryan
    30%

• Save-Skye
    26%

[DOUBLEPOST=1416299324][/DOUBLEPOST]This poll has been fairly accurate so far this year.

I swear I refreshed it and saw David at 140 and Priya at 400 and then said odds suspended again! Am I imagining things! Or did anyone else see it!

It probably was just a glitch though..

I swear I refreshed it and saw David at 140 and Priya at 400 and then said odds suspended again! Am I imagining things! Or did anyone else see it!

It probably was just a glitch though..
David is at 1.30 now and Priya 5.00, idk what's going on...it's been doing a 180 for the past 2 days.

Back