Skip to main content

Betting Odds 2014

@Zapp Dion was $8 to start with, was into $6 where he hung around for a while (was able to get a whole 6 dollars onto that one) and then overnight was crunched down to $2.50. The one who has surprised me is Cat. $3.50 to start with all the way out to $5.
@Kaz Yeah i think I was too excited with the Dion plunge, should've made myself a bit clearer. Apologies. By getting it wrong i mean opening Priya up at $1.65 was ridiculously short and would've been hard to entice anyone to have something on her to leave at those odds. Thus the drift out to $2.50. Eviction odds have been closed (on Sportsbet at least) so just wait and see who goes

I am still betting on it has to be a guy going. Otherwise it'll be 6 girls and 9 males in the house. They wouldn't balance it that badly on purpose.

Just a little update post Dion eviction.
-Cat is the big mover after tonight ($13 down to $8). Obviously in direct reaction to her having such a gap on the others in the eviction. Priya is also down to $21 from $34. A move that big on that end of the market isn't a massive lead but interesting to note.
-Sam has also had a small move from $11 to $9

On the other end of the market:
-Skye continues to be absolutely loathed by the bookies. The former favourite is all the way out to $10 now.
-Travis's odds also have had a decent leap from $11 to $15. My guess would be bookies thinking that buff boys club dudes simply don't win big brother.

Sports bet isn't taking bets for tonight's eviction which is disappointing.

Centerbet isn't taking any BB bets.

What's up?

Seems all the bookies have gone soft. Last year I can remember at least 3 books that offered eviction odds.

I'd say the effort to put a market up from about 9am-3pm (give or take) on a television show just isn't worth their time. It will be back up for normal eviction next week you would think

Just a little update post Dion eviction.
-Cat is the big mover after tonight ($13 down to $8). Obviously in direct reaction to her having such a gap on the others in the eviction. Priya is also down to $21 from $34. A move that big on that end of the market isn't a massive lead but interesting to note.
-Sam has also had a small move from $11 to $9

On the other end of the market:
-Skye continues to be absolutely loathed by the bookies. The former favourite is all the way out to $10 now.
-Travis's odds also have had a decent leap from $11 to $15. My guess would be bookies thinking that buff boys club dudes simply don't win big brother.
Lovely news.

I'd say the effort to put a market up from about 9am-3pm (give or take) on a television show just isn't worth their time. It will be back up for normal eviction next week you would think
but not even the overall winner. I think they dont want any part of it. (rigged;))

I don't bet, so perhaps I misunderstand... But is it possible that the bookies saw the results last night (all three within 2%) and decided they couldn't guarantee themselves to make enough from opening bets for tonight? Is too close to call means they dont like the odds for themselves?

Pretty much nailed it @bleachy_dude. Combination of all. Think about it this way. Work starts at 9am and eviction markets normally close about 3pm on the day of eviction. 3 people within 2% of each other. The effort required to try and do enough research/make calls, decide on appropriate prices and then try and get people to bet on it in the couple of hours the market is actually open is not worth the time. They'd be looking at easily under $3 or 400 in bets if that. They kept winner odds open but probably just gave this 3rd eviction a miss.

Back