Skip to main content

Benjamin HM 2012 - Officially joins Behind Big Brother.

walrus_bucket.jpg

MDNA first week sales 359,000 (~180,000 from the tour bundle). Second week sales 48,000.

Madonna's 'MDNA' Suffers Biggest Album Sales Drop of All Time

Receipts.gif

Cute. In the US.

Madonna_REDUCTIVE.gif

But not MDNA being #1 in 52 countries.

THE IRRELEVANCE.

But not MDNA, with zero promotion, selling more than @Lady Gaga 's 1st and 2nd week combined.

THE IRRELEVANCE.

But not MDNA breaking Elvis Presley's record in for most #1 albums in the UK.

THE IRRELEVANCE.

But not MDNA winning Golden Globes.

THE IRRELEVANCE.

But not MDNA spawning the MDNA World Tour, grossing over $305,000,000.00 in ticket sales alone.

THE IRRELEVANCE.

But not Madonna breaking another world record and having the highest earnings for a female artist ever in 2012-2013.

THE IRRELEVANCE.

But not Madonna being the highest ranking female influential social media personality during MDNA's release.

THE IRRELEVANCE.

But not Madonna's Superbowl show being the most watch television event in history with 112.5 viewers in the US alone.

THE IRRELEVANCE.

And not Madonna's Superbowl show being watched more than "Beyonce's". nnnnnn

THE IRRELEVANCE.

Receipts.gif

Look-it-up.gif

Sis, what's Beyonce doing tonight? Getting embroiled in yet ANOTHER domestic violence episode with Solange?

That's the real tea.

sply.gif

haha I'm glad I'm not alone!

What I have learned from those two clips is that in isolation at least it looks like that 1. Ben is one hell of a flip flopping back talker and 2. the things we allow ourselves as fans to get worked up over is pretty hilarious. Fans of any HM, any series, any BB situation.

To still be hanging onto the hate 2 years later is disturbing.

To still be hanging onto the hate 2 years later is disturbing.
Why is it disturbing? If he is still acting the same, which judging by what people have posted who follow him he still is. Why wouldn't people still dislike him?

I wasn't a fan of him at all in the house, and lost any respect gained once he completely 180'd on his opinion of Tully when she was evicted and suddenly he was her biggest fan.

Why is it disturbing? If he is still acting the same, which judging by what people have posted who follow him he still is. Why wouldn't people still dislike him?

I wasn't a fan of him at all in the house, and lost any respect gained once he completely 180'd on his opinion of Tully when she was evicted and suddenly he was her biggest fan.

But, do you know him personally? Is he in your life and you can't get him out?
This is why it's disturbing.
Let it go is such a good song for so many peoples.

But, do you know him personally? Is he in your life and you can't get him out?
This is why it's disturbing.
Let it go is such a good song for so many peoples.
I don't think people are constantly sitting there stewing on their hatred for Ben on a daily basis. But obviously when he pops up on the forums and back into their lives, the dislike would come flooding back. Which is what is being shown in this thread.

I don't think people are constantly sitting there stewing on their hatred for Ben on a daily basis. But obviously when he pops up on the forums and back into their lives, the dislike would come flooding back. Which is what is being shown in this thread.
See, I don't get that. Show's over, don't like, move on, don't post in it, STFU. The assumption that those who chose to participate wish to read or scroll past the bile the haters put out is just egocentric IMO.

Beam me out now.
Please...

See, I don't get that. Show's over, don't like, move on, don't post in it, STFU. The assumption that those who chose to participate wish to read or scroll past the bile the haters put out is just egocentric IMO.

Beam me out now.
Please...
That's life? People are going to voice their opinions whether you wanna hear it or not.

I get what you're saying, which is why I haven't come here to slag him off, but I can totally see why others would want answers to why he acted how he did, or even voice their dislike.

That's life? People are going to voice their opinions whether you wanna hear it or not.

I get what you're saying, which is why I haven't come here to slag him off, but I can totally see why others would want answers to why he acted how he did, or even voice their dislike.
Yes that's life. Just not into the whole blaming of others. Don't know. Maybe I always enjoyed the journey rather than the individuals?

I can see that everyone is feeling pretty passionate within this forum - it's clear that Ben (the person that we have got to know through Big Brother and Twitter etc) is either loved or hated, it appears there is not many who fall in the middle. But remember, we don't know him on a personal level - there is a difference!

For the people that hated him: Ben provided conflict within the house, which in turn equals entertainment. Sure, as a viewer, I didn't agree with a lot of things that Ben said and did on the show, but at the same time I know that how a person comes across on ANY television show has a lot to do with how it is edited, and therefore I didn't let it affect me personally - he was a character on a television show - at least he wasn't boring!

For the people that loved him: It's good that there are people here who appreciate some of the things that Ben did during his time on the show, and also it should be noted that by winning Big Brother, and by proposing on television, Ben may have broken through some barriers for gay people, which is something that should be respected.

From a personal perspective: I think that Ben is just unashamedly Ben. I have read a few of his comments on here, and to be honest, some of them were a little cringe-worthy... I feel that Ben speaks his mind regardless of how it will reflect upon himself and without thinking about how the people he is talking about might take it personally - but the world needs people like this, the world needs all kinds of people, the world would be so boring if everyone was the same!

I also noticed in a few posts that people were making comparisons between Ben and Tim. Obviously this is going to happen since they are both winners of Big Brother. I think however, it is interesting to see the differences in attitudes and behaviours displayed by both Tim and Ben on this site. I feel that, despite Tim coming across as a self-centred person on the show, he was very pleasant and respectful with his interactions with the people on this site, whereas Ben came across in more of a confrontational way. All I can put this down to is that Tim has had a lot of media experience, and would come into this forum knowing that the way he comes across is important to himself and his career, not saying he is being fake, but I think he would at least take into consideration the feelings of the people he interacts with and also talks about before speaking about them on here, but I think Ben was pushed into the limelight by Big Brother without being equipped with the skills required to cope with the stress of being cast into the media spotlight, evidenced by some of the behaviour we have witnessed since he left the house, some of which we wouldn't usually associate with a celebrity (regardless of where they stand on the scale of A-Z.)

A lot of celebrities have their twitter and public accounts managed for them by PR people, but I don't think BB contestants would have this kind of service available to them (although I guess Ben's partner could be counted as his defacto-PR person thanks to him making the wise decision to delete those tweets)... but at least this proves that Ben was in fact a genuine person on the show, because his attitudes and behaviours have been consistent both on and off the show, so for those who complain that BB contestants are too fake, then Ben should be right up your alley!

But at the same time, I'm also a little bit disappointed to see all of the hate expressed towards him. I think there are both times and places for expressing what you truly feel, and when someone takes their time out to join a forum and talk with fans of a show, I think that a certain level of respect is in order. I know some people will say that not speaking your mind would mean being fake, but Ben is still a human being and even if you don't respect his attitudes and behaviours, I think you should at least respect yourself by being careful with what you say about another person when they are effectively right in front of you! I think people should always live by 'if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all' mantra. And I respect the person who specifically mentioned that they didn't participate in Tim's forum simply because they didn't like him and therefore chose to say nothing instead of saying something nasty, (I would mention your username here, but I forgot which page this was on) but whoever you are, I think that kind of attitude is a great one to have!

Anyway, I'm getting off track, as I always seem to do... I think regardless of whether you hate or love Ben, at least we can all thank him for agreeing to share his life with us through Big Brother and also to thank him for providing us with entertainment. That is a sacrifice that in all honestly, not many people would be willing to make.

It is disturbing because it is disturbing me!! Haha... Seriously though, I would never go on Tim's new page and ruin the thread for those who loved and voted for him. It would only serve to clog up the thread with my own selfish whinges. What do these insistent haters on here hope to achieve? Clearly, Ben Norris is facing his demons and inasmuch as he is expecting negative comments, we have an avenue to ask questions of Alex M via the Scoopla blog.

Please. Let it go!

I'm surprised people can still remember from 2 years back.

Back