Skip to main content

Ben Zabel recovering from overdose - Support for him

Sorry to hear about this, I hope Ben is getting the support he needs. Best wishes to him, I'm sure the support shown on here would mean a lot to him too. Obviously I don't know him to judge his situation, but there seems to be an element of tears of a clown, when someone is hurting on the inside but we are oblivious to it until something drastic happens. I hope he can find his happy place again soon.

I am also concerned that he Instagrammed about it. Is that how the story broke? I instagrammed some hospital photos on a recent visit myself, but I had a broken leg, bit of a difference.

It's tricky though, because although the article has links to Lifeline, etc, we don't know the full story. Maybe it wa an honet mistake with medications. Maybe we will never know the full story.

Regardless I hope he gets better. If it is depression, it's a terrible thing. Hopefully he can give the black dog a good kick.

So sad, sending him lots of love and good vibes. I hope he can get the proper help and support that he needs. X

Poor Ben, I hope he has a good loving support system to give him strength.

I worry about his live performances and trip with Tim in case they might be too much for him.

Depression can be so debilitating - you can normally cope with things when you're ok but when you're depressed it can be so hard to cope with even just the little things.

All the best Ben.

Least he still has a sense of humor.

Zabel posted a photo to his Instagram account on Sunday afternoon of his hospital wristband, along with the caption: “As Mark Twain once said — “Reports of my dearth have been greatly exaggerated (sic)”.

I wish him a speedy recovery, but I thought the Instagram picture of his wristband was tacky and beyond comedy.

Not trying to be pushy. But prescription drugs are real drugs. Just because a doctor prescribes them doesn't make them safe. Docs prescribe things that interact poorly with each other. You forget what you took, when. And next thing you know, you are waking up in the emergency room getting your stomach pumped or injected with Ativan. Or worse. Most people who have odes we see in our er have od'd on prescribed meds.

Wishing Ben a quick recovery, and sending him all my love.
Tim Dormer by the way posted a message for Ben on his Facebook page.

Is there any place to send him a card? I think he used to have a PO Box. Does anyone remember?

Oh that's really sad news. I wish him all the best, and hope he has the support he needs. xo

Back