Skip to main content

Ben the biggest game player in the house!

Even though I really 'like' Ben, I have a gut feeling that something just isn't ringing true with him!

How easy would it be to 'look' dorky (you only have to watch that Beauty and the Beast show)....wear thick rimmed glasses and old fashioned clothing, talk in a higher pitch and slow your talking down!

When he 'play acts' and talks in a lower pitch you could believe that that is his real voice!

Even though I really 'like' Ben, I have a gut feeling that something just isn't ringing true with him!

How easy would it be to 'look' dorky (you only have to watch that Beauty and the Beast show)....wear thick rimmed glasses and old fashioned clothing, talk in a higher pitch and slow your talking down!

When he 'play acts' and talks in a lower pitch you could believe that that is his real voice!

Haha! Even though I love Ben, yes, he does put that lower pitch voice on TOO WELL!

i don't know him personally but have a friend of a friend of a friend (so take it with a grain of salt)... that tell me what you're seeing is what he's like in real life. And apparently really funny and genuinely nice guy.

That's why I like him so. :) He's an awkward (albeit entertaining) oddball who is not everything he appears to be.

So far he is my favourite hm, so please don't disappoint me Ben.I would be very sad if it were an act, though I highly doubt it is. I find I relate to him more than any other in there. He seems honest to me, genuine and his insecurities are very close to my own. But he is also extremely funny and gentle. I just think he is lovely.

So far he is my favourite hm, so please don't disappoint me Ben.I would be very sad if it were an act, though I highly doubt it is. I find I relate to him more than any other in there. He seems honest to me, genuine and his insecurities are very close to my own. But he is also extremely funny and gentle. I just think he is lovely.

Did you watch him nominate? He was quite nasty.

Did you watch him nominate? He was quite nasty.

The reasons for nominating Heidi were strange given that what we were shown was that she was first on the scene to comfort him and reassure him (a complete 360 to what his nomination accused her of), however Heidi gives off a disingenuous vibe and is probably cyberbullying him, his mother and his nanna behind-the-scenes but with so much x-rated language that it can't be televised by Channel 9.

I hate the idea that those on the outters need to be evicted early, I think someone like Ben needs to stay in the house. The interesting sensitive ones always leave too early like Charne.

I am not on the same page Re: Charne but I do agree about Ben. I find his quirkiness endearing.

He's starting to annoy me. He's very much like Tim in the way they both 'perform' a lot for the cameras and loves attention.

i don't know him personally but have a friend of a friend of a friend (so take it with a grain of salt)... that tell me what you're seeing is what he's like in real life. And apparently really funny and genuinely nice guy.

I can see that he is funny and I don't even think he means to be. He does seem a bit of an outcast but that's what makes him more interesting. As someone else said, you really can be surrounded by people and still feel lonely so I would put a lot of his behaviour down to feeling as though he is not fitting in and it could be possible he has not entirely settled in yet. If this is an act, which is not beyond the realms of possibility, I would be shocked and disappointed in my judgment of character

The Latest Live feed video "The Ben Show" is the final nail in this guys coffin that "Ben" is a real person and not just some Character he's made up, He's doing a Chris Lilley on all our asses. I don't know who this guy is but it's clear now he's an actor and this is just an act for a TV show.

He's starting to annoy me. He's very much like Tim in the way they both 'perform' a lot for the cameras and loves attention.
They are in the Big Brother reality TV show they are all "performing" for the cameras.
some more than others. And the ones who aint take me to "Boreville"

Generally Ben's sookie crap does annoy me but at least its not constant like some others.

Sorry - not being part of this thread - being a fan of Ben - hardly fake - you can't cry that much if you're faking it!

don't agree with the OP at all. i think it shows how much Ben isn't playing the game. emotions are magnified in the house to start with. then add to this that Ben already feels like an outsider - so when he realised he wasn't in sync with his fellow HMs he felt really sad. how hard is that to understand?
Agree x2. I would be upset too because I would feel embarrassed that I was so gullible to believe something that no one else did. I can totally understand

I know. I also find it annoying when a big stong man comes into my house and forces me to click on a thread and forces me to read it!
lolololololololol

Do you think it would be easy to keep up an act and a fake voice for 4 weeks+? Do people honestly think that anyone would be able to keep up an act for that long? Pathetic. Tahan has changed completely from the first few days when she was crying every day about her hair dryer and trying to be tough when she spoke to Big Brother. She isn't like that anymore - if anyone was putting up an act when they first came in it was her. Ben has not changed one single bit since day one. After being in the house for so long you would forget that your every move is being filmed

Agree x2. I would be upset too because I would feel embarrassed that I was so gullible to believe something that no one else did. I can totally understand

lolololololololol

Do you think it would be easy to keep up an act and a fake voice for 4 weeks+? Do people honestly think that anyone would be able to keep up an act for that long? Pathetic. Tahan has changed completely from the first few days when she was crying every day about her hair dryer and trying to be tough when she spoke to Big Brother. She isn't like that anymore - if anyone was putting up an act when they first came in it was her. Ben has not changed one single bit since day one. After being in the house for so long you would forget that your every move is being filmed

It isn't hard for Character actors or Method actor to play a part for months, Ever heard of Robert DeNiro or Daniel Day-Lewis. They all become and are that Character they play for the duration of filming. I'm not saying Bens in the same caliber as these other actors but he's definitely a Method Actor

Last edited:
We all play roles, every friggin day - work role, home role, friend role, sibling, son/daughter, church, whatever................

I am a very different person with friends from what I'm like at work, family get somebody else - depends who you are.
Anyway, you see what I mean.
How do you act when the cops pull you over???

So re Ben - just noticed he has better taste than he advertised - all that kitsch crap, he loves Margaret Cho, how many of you know her and her work?
Awesome, hard hitting comedy and gay activist. Nothing like his other KAK loving, I understand Bert he can be funny.
Ben wants the nanna vote.

Matt is playing hard, harder than Ben I reckon, Ben has wandered off script a bit.

Back