Skip to main content

Ben the biggest game player in the house!

pawlini

I've got the power
What the hell was that? Crocodile tears if ever I seen them. He really is playing this game hardcore. As If you would cry over a 5 day fake marriage on a reality TV show!

Fake or not, I found it really annoying and unnecessary. I think he's really lonely in the house... Maybe it'll be good for him to be evicted early...

It's also kind of annoying when people start unnecessary threads rather than post in that HM's own section...

Nothing wrong with a tread like this, it's about who is game playing more so than the housemate concerned.

Sorry - not being part of this thread - being a fan of Ben - hardly fake - you can't cry that much if you're faking it!

i kind of like ben, but i do think he isnt doing well in the house,
he does seem to be a little bit left out on the safe side, and seems to be having mini break downs a lot

i do feel for him

don't agree with the OP at all. i think it shows how much Ben isn't playing the game. emotions are magnified in the house to start with. then add to this that Ben already feels like an outsider - so when he realised he wasn't in sync with his fellow HMs he felt really sad. how hard is that to understand?

I hate the idea that those on the outters need to be evicted early, I think someone like Ben needs to stay in the house. The interesting sensitive ones always leave too early like Charne.

Fake or not, I found it really annoying and unnecessary. I think he's really lonely in the house... Maybe it'll be good for him to be evicted early...

But he is used to being by himself, living by himself. Never had a boyfriend. So he's used to being lonely.

I don't think he's being fake, and I do like him, but it is all a bit uncomfortable. BB will say they've been psychologically tested and blah blah blah, but they know he was put in there because he is different and because he will handle things differently.

You can see by the panic and pain in his eyes that his feelings are genuine. He's got a bit of a coping let-me-entertain-you schtick going on, when he plays his roles, and then his sentimental thing with Nanna and Mummy, which I find all a bit hard to take. But his vulnerability is really appealing. And his pjs collection. It would be hard to be an introvert in that house, and he said on his entry package he likes staying in with his books and his music, KAK, etc, so he must be going insane with all that clatter of humanity and gym-going, plus feeling like an outsider. I'd be having a nervie, too, if I was him.

I think quite of few of the HM's have or are close to emotional outbursts. It wouldn't take much in that environment,

What the hell was that? Crocodile tears if ever I seen them. He really is playing this game hardcore. As If you would cry over a 5 day fake marriage on a reality TV show!

If that was acting then Ben could win an academy award. That said I think Ben does have a bit of acting talent, but the tears tonight were real. Ben's stock shot right up after that performance. He could win this show.

I'm watching the show now and Ben was so performing and faking. He clearly has a strategy. Notice he was careful to try and frame his position in the house himself. As being an outside and not one of the group. Ignoring the entire fact that he wasn't the only one who didn't go along with it. He clearly saw this as a moment to try and establish the role he wants to play. Get some attention and some sympathy.

Then after, when he went to speak to the photos. It seemed fake, but he started speaking and then all of a sudden made sure to remind the camera's who the pictures were of. That's not normal behavior. If you speak to a picture for comfort, you don't introduce who the picture is of. It was so done for the cameras.

Then when everyone was in the room comforting he took it as another opportunity to push the sympathy angle by saying he feels the house thinks he did it to go against them. Come on, there's no way in hell anyone in the house was thinking that or that he could think that. It doesn't even match up with how he was describing the situation to BB. It was so done for attention and sympathy.

Always be weary about those trying to define their own role in the house, especially through their own descriptions of it.

I'm watching the show now and Ben was so performing and faking. He clearly has a strategy. Notice he was careful to try and frame his position in the house himself. As being an outside and not one of the group. Ignoring the entire fact that he wasn't the only one who didn't go along with it. He clearly saw this as a moment to try and establish the role he wants to play. Get some attention and some sympathy.

Then after, when he went to speak to the photos. It seemed fake, but he started speaking and then all of a sudden made sure to remind the camera's who the pictures were of. That's not normal behavior. If you speak to a picture for comfort, you don't introduce who the picture is of. It was so done for the cameras.

Then when everyone was in the room comforting he took it as another opportunity to push the sympathy angle by saying he feels the house thinks he did it to go against them. Come on, there's no way in hell anyone in the house was thinking that or that he could think that. It doesn't even match up with how he was describing the situation to BB. It was so done for attention and sympathy.

Always be weary about those trying to define their own role in the house, especially through their own descriptions of it.

Hmm, thanks for that insight.
I truly can't be bothered to delve past the daily 9BBsitcom/soap, maybe the best viewing game we can play with this new show is -
who are these people playing (role allotted & scripted, & directed - you even have staff in there directing, ie Surly)
and who are they really?

And, 9 picks a stereotype/role, but people don't fit into those neatly, or can be deluded or deceptive.

Ben has a talent, & he's using it.
He can cry on cue, lots of people can. He strikes me as guy who would be involved in community drama, he even shows us some of his acting, it's not a huge step to acting a different role. All that terrible showbiz stuff he likes.
He's part genuine, part the role he plays in life - poor weirdo little guy/childish.
I found him attention seeking at the very least - make this all about little me. A natural response would be camaraderie with Matt.
Ben kind of admitted he didn't really give a shit, his noms will be interesting - give him a box of tissues.

Back