Skip to main content

Ben is to BB what JR is to Dallas

Ben is

• Total voters

Mr Turkey

I cant wait to see Ben evicted but he is the best evil housemate ever imho. He just keeps turning up the evil a little more each day. But he doesnt just go stupid like Nobbi or some others, its been a subtle increase until he has complete control. Great to watch, do you agree?

That evil, covetous, egocentric, and amoral Ben, what will he get up to next? Will he corrupt Big Brother into an alliance to get what he wants? Who is he conniving to ruin now?

And who will shoot him?

But I don't think the JR comparison does justice to the fear and angst he inspires here. He's seen as more than a mere manipulator. He's been attributed the power to reprogram the free will of chosen HMs towards his own predestination.

From what I understand, Ben is actually Satan. And I love that in a housemate.

Ben is insufferable and is not even close to being an entertaining housemate. He is not funny, smart, insightful. Nothing except an annoying bitch.

It's actually more like Joffrey on Game Of Thrones.

Seriously?

I know the kid is a fictitious character and all but he's a borderline psychopathic killer and a definite sadist. If I recall correctly he forced one of the prostitutes to sodomize one of her colleagues to get back at the devilish imp.

Granted Ben is a major pain in the arse, someone a reasonably intelligent person interested in keeping their sanity would stay well away from, but he's not even close to that sort of evil.

I'm just hoping Ben's not anyone's boss in real life, the guy would be a nightmare to work under.

Can understand why now Ben has been fired from every job he has ever had but come on........how boring would this series of BB without him? :)

Seriously?

I know the kid is a fictitious character and all but he's a borderline psychopathic killer and a definite sadist. If I recall correctly he forced one of the prostitutes to sodomize one of her colleagues to get back at the devilish imp.

Granted Ben is a major pain in the arse, someone a reasonably intelligent person interested in keeping their sanity would stay well away from, but he's not even close to that sort of evil.

I'm just hoping Ben's not anyone's boss in real life, the guy would be a nightmare to work under.
I'm not sure that's in the book, but yeah it's in the television series.

And I meant it in the sense that viewers/readers despise Joffrey and look forward to seeing his undoing.
I look forward to seeing Ben evicted.

His parents are also his aunt and uncle?
Hahaha.

Ben is entertaining in a evil kind of way, what would be even more entertaining for me is if he escape nominations every week and continues to stir the pot in the house.

Ben is entertaining in a evil kind of way, wh
at would be even more entertaining for me is if he escape nominations every week and continues to stir the pot in the house.

If fabulous benny boy doesn't get his shit together...he'll be in the pot !!

"Love" and "detest" doesn't allow for much middle ground. I don't think he's up there with the most entertaining housemates ever, but I am still finding him moderately entertaining, I'm just in two minds about him. We're starting to see a less nice side to him, but we don't know how much of that is Ben getting tired and bored, how much is him actually having a not-so-nice side, or how much is just a hatchet job by the editors (eg by not showing Brad being an irritant and only showing the reaction to him). We don't see enough this season to really judge them.

We're starting to see a less nice side to him, but we don't know how much of that is Ben getting tired and bored, how much is him actually having a not-so-nice side, or how much is just a hatchet job by the editors.

The link posted by bogangirl above is an excellent example of how differently a scene can look depending on the edit. The DS version is quite a bit more harsh on Ben and makes him look like a tyrant. The video update edit gives quite a different impression.

Many posters here seem to have formed a quite definite opinion on Ben as dictator from the DS footage. In the other material we hear him say he'll resign as head of the house if they don't want to follow his lead, dramatic as always, but hardly the sort of offer a dictator would make.

That balancing footage doesn't seemed to have come to many people's attention and when I've pointed it out on another thread, it gets ignored or dismissed, I'm guessing because many have come to enjoy bagging him or have already formed a dislike and they don't want anything to get in the way of a preferred narrative.

... I'm guessing because many have come to enjoy bagging him or have already formed a dislike and they don't want anything to get in the way of a preferred narrative.

Yeah, I think a lot of people have jumped on the Ben-hating bandwagon because they want there to be a "house bully", they can't accept that maybe these are all mostly ok people in the house this year, that maybe none of them are going to fill that "nasty person" role. This isn't like Series 5 which had actual bullying, these people are still friends.

This isn't like Series 5 which had actual bullying, these people are still friends.
In your opinion.
People that like Ben will try and look at it from all angles to try and make out he's not the social bully he is.
This is straight out of highschool.

What is happening to Estelle is clear cut manipulation and bullying, I don't know how anyone could think otherwise.
It's cruel.

People that like Ben will try and look at it from all angles to try and make out he's not the social bully he is.

And people that don't like Ben choose to see the one angle that confirms their preferred assumption that he's a bully. Or the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler.

What is happening to Estelle is clear cut manipulation and bullying, I don't know how anyone could think otherwise.
It's cruel.

She's getting a raw deal but I don't see that as the fault of Ben. Sarah. Angie and Zoe have all been on her case about her talking over people. Estelle's been nominated by a number of HMs for it too. She may have been a little motor mouthed but now she's jsut being shut down mercilessly. I don't see how this is Ben's fault. Oh, I forgot. Hitler.

I like Ben. I think he may be the most honest/real housemate in there. He isn't professing to love everyone to avoid nomination and 'looking bad', like most of the other HM's. He isn't always pleasant, he gets cranky, gossips and he says what he thinks. He acts like...a real person. Almost everyone else is trying to be a sanitized, tv friendly character. I think people are giving him entirely way to much credit though in assuming he is this master manipulator, its also fairly insulting to assume the other HM's are that weak minded.

Back