Skip to main content

Behind Big Brother credits + a cheeky call for donations

Hi everyone,

Every season I write a credits thread to thank various people for their help throughout the year.

BUT! This year I had a few wines while watching the finale (and who can blame me, the final three contestants were hoor-end-eus).

So let's keep this short and sweet. Big, huge thanks go to @marquisite who has been a phenomenal help this year. Seriously this guy is a Big Brother fan machine and I think his brain is also a DVR because he remembers everything. Please send him a private message to thank him for being a champ.

Also thanks to @Brekkie who is our quiet moderator from the UK who secretly deletes your terrible rule-breaking posts while you sleep, because you know, different time zones and stuff.

I don't really need to say thanks to @vid because I talk to him every day because we're in the same AA meetings. I think we'll skip a meeting to record the final podcast episode and neck some wine so stay tuned. But in all seriousness he did navigate some pretty horrendous personal schedules to be there for the podcasts we did record.

Thank you to VentraIP once again for hosting the site and giving us plenty of super fast tech support, especially when the Lawson/Candice rumour went viral and we had to scale up site capacity quicksmart.

Late edit: VentraIP also get another thank you for telling Channel 9's lawyers to get stuffed when we were live tweeting the launch show and some one leaked photos of the remaining new housemates. (ha, ha).

I would like to thank Priya for allowing me to find salvation.

And final thanks go to the forum users. My favourite thing about this community is we have a very melting pot mix of old (2005+) users and brand new users it's just a fun dynamic. The BBB forum is super unique and the amount of detective work that goes on here is phenomenal. Remember how you all uncovered the housemates names and profiles before they entered the house? Yeah, lol, that was actually amazing. And don't forget the numerous stories that were uncovered right here in the forums which went on to be posted on the BBB home page then be picked up by kleptomaniacs in the mainstream media.

Oh, crap so I poured myself another wine and this post isn't keeping it short anymore. Yolo.

While the future of Big Brother Australia is uncertain right now the forums will continue on just like they have in the past. Don't forget we were still running from 2008 - 2012, so if you've made friends here please continue to drop by and have a chat. To mark the 10 year anniversary of the BBB forums, which is on 17 January 2015, I'm working hard to make the forum archives available soon (years and years of Big Brother discussion and live video feed updates). Should be a real hoot.

And now that I've sweet talked your souls, let me throw in a plug - if you've enjoyed your time here at these advertising-free forums and would like to contribute a little sweet sweet cash, I accept donations via the Paypal address [email protected]. Or if you don't like Paypal please private message me for bank transfer details. Donors get a lovely user badge on their account, and if you've already donated before you get a super exclusive SECOND badge omg.

Thank you again! Praise Prisus!

Another late edit: Oh, crap, I forgot to mention this too. Last year I explained that $960 of the money generated from the site goes to charity. This year is the same. That amount has been split across the same charities as 2013: Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Victorian AIDS Council and the Australian Marine Conservation Society.

The cheque is in the mail, Tim.:bored:

I just got paid, gimme a sec :)

It was an amazing season yet again with you guys. I hope we can do it all again next year. @Tim thanks for the place to hang.. I've so many laughs.. More so this season. It seems the crapper the season the funnier everyone is.

Don't be strangers during the offseason guys...

Hi everyone,

Every season I write a credits thread to thank various people for their help throughout the year.

BUT! This year I had a few wines while watching the finale (and who can blame me, the final three contestants were hoor-end-eus).

So let's keep this short and sweet. Big, huge thanks go to @marquisite who has been a phenomenal help this year. Seriously this guy is a Big Brother fan machine and I think his brain is also a DVR because he remembers everything. Please send him a private message to thank him for being a champ.

Also thanks to @Brekkie who is our quiet moderator from the UK who secretly deletes your terrible rule-breaking posts while you sleep, because you know, different time zones and stuff.

I don't really need to say thanks to @vid because I talk to him every day because we're in the same AA meetings. I think we'll skip a meeting to record the final podcast episode and neck some wine so stay tuned. But in all seriousness he did navigate some pretty horrendous personal schedules to be there for the podcasts we did record.

Thank you to VentraIP once again for hosting the site and giving us plenty of super fast tech support, especially when the Lawson/Candice rumour went viral and we had to scale up site capacity quicksmart.

Late edit: VentraIP also get another thank you for telling Channel 9's lawyers to get stuffed when we were live tweeting the launch show and some one leaked photos of the remaining new housemates. (ha, ha).

I would like to thank Priya for allowing me to find salvation.

And final thanks go to the forum users. My favourite thing about this community is we have a very melting pot mix of old (2005+) users and brand new users it's just a fun dynamic. The BBB forum is super unique and the amount of detective work that goes on here is phenomenal. Remember how you all uncovered the housemates names and profiles before they entered the house? Yeah, lol, that was actually amazing. And don't forget the numerous stories that were uncovered right here in the forums which went on to be posted on the BBB home page then be picked up by kleptomaniacs in the mainstream media.

Oh, crap so I poured myself another wine and this post isn't keeping it short anymore. Yolo.

While the future of Big Brother Australia is uncertain right now the forums will continue on just like they have in the past. Don't forget we were still running from 2008 - 2012, so if you've made friends here please continue to drop by and have a chat. To mark the 10 year anniversary of the BBB forums, which is on 17 January 2015, I'm working hard to make the forum archives available soon (years and years of Big Brother discussion and live video feed updates). Should be a real hoot.

And now that I've sweet talked your souls, let me throw in a plug - if you've enjoyed your time here at these advertising-free forums and would like to contribute a little sweet sweet cash, I accept donations via the Paypal address [email protected]. Or if you don't like Paypal please private message me for bank transfer details. Donors get a lovely user badge on their account, and if you've already donated before you get a super exclusive SECOND badge omg.

Thank you again! Praise Prisus!

Another late edit: Oh, crap, I forgot to mention this too. Last year I explained that $960 of the money generated from the site goes to charity. This year is the same. That amount has been split across the same charities as 2013: Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Victorian AIDS Council and the Australian Marine Conservation Society.

How do you pay with Paypal? I use Paypal when I buy online, but never send money via email, so I don't know how to do it.

I enjoy the forum very much, BB without it would be terrible. You, Marquise and Brekkie are doing an incredible job in keeping this forum fair and sane.

Thank you for your work and loved your support for our favorite HM this year. I know you had to cross her out :( that was very sad

Thanks @Tim and all the folks that do such a stellar job here. Even when BB Aus isn't living up to its potential, this site never fails to entertain. BB housemates only get to experience the house once, but the forum members get to enjoy the BB experience year in and year out together. What a unique place to be. Thanks so much, and i'll sling a little $ your way soon. Thanks again

This is as good a thread as any to wave bye bye. I'm off to reclaim my life and normal bedtime hours for another 9 months or so.

It has been another great year on the forums and I won't single anyone out since I am bound to forget a heap and feel awful about it.

Love to all. Have a happy healthy and safe Christmas, New Year, Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Anzac Day and Queen's Birthday. :biggrin: I hope we can do it all again next year!!

CaspersMum over and out! xoxoxoxoxo

This is as good a thread as any to wave bye bye. I'm off to reclaim my life and normal bedtime hours for another 9 months or so.

It has been another great year on the forums and I won't single anyone out since I am bound to forget a heap and feel awful about it.

Love to all. Have a happy healthy and safe Christmas, New Year, Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Anzac Day and Queen's Birthday. :biggrin: I hope we can do it all again next year!!

CaspersMum over and out! xoxoxoxoxo
Enjoy a long summer of magic Zooper doopers xx

Back