Skip to main content

Behind Big Brother credits + a cheeky call for donations

Tim

Don't block a thread, bitches.
Staff member
Administrator
Hi everyone,

Every season I write a credits thread to thank various people for their help throughout the year.

BUT! This year I had a few wines while watching the finale (and who can blame me, the final three contestants were hoor-end-eus).

So let's keep this short and sweet. Big, huge thanks go to @marquisite who has been a phenomenal help this year. Seriously this guy is a Big Brother fan machine and I think his brain is also a DVR because he remembers everything. Please send him a private message to thank him for being a champ.

Also thanks to @Brekkie who is our quiet moderator from the UK who secretly deletes your terrible rule-breaking posts while you sleep, because you know, different time zones and stuff.

I don't really need to say thanks to @vid because I talk to him every day because we're in the same AA meetings. I think we'll skip a meeting to record the final podcast episode and neck some wine so stay tuned. But in all seriousness he did navigate some pretty horrendous personal schedules to be there for the podcasts we did record.

Thank you to VentraIP once again for hosting the site and giving us plenty of super fast tech support, especially when the Lawson/Candice rumour went viral and we had to scale up site capacity quicksmart.

Late edit: VentraIP also get another thank you for telling Channel 9's lawyers to get stuffed when we were live tweeting the launch show and some one leaked photos of the remaining new housemates. (ha, ha).

I would like to thank Priya for allowing me to find salvation.

And final thanks go to the forum users. My favourite thing about this community is we have a very melting pot mix of old (2005+) users and brand new users it's just a fun dynamic. The BBB forum is super unique and the amount of detective work that goes on here is phenomenal. Remember how you all uncovered the housemates names and profiles before they entered the house? Yeah, lol, that was actually amazing. And don't forget the numerous stories that were uncovered right here in the forums which went on to be posted on the BBB home page then be picked up by kleptomaniacs in the mainstream media.

Oh, crap so I poured myself another wine and this post isn't keeping it short anymore. Yolo.

While the future of Big Brother Australia is uncertain right now the forums will continue on just like they have in the past. Don't forget we were still running from 2008 - 2012, so if you've made friends here please continue to drop by and have a chat. To mark the 10 year anniversary of the BBB forums, which is on 17 January 2015, I'm working hard to make the forum archives available soon (years and years of Big Brother discussion and live video feed updates). Should be a real hoot.

And now that I've sweet talked your souls, let me throw in a plug - if you've enjoyed your time here at these advertising-free forums and would like to contribute a little sweet sweet cash, I accept donations via the Paypal address [email protected]. Or if you don't like Paypal please private message me for bank transfer details. Donors get a lovely user badge on their account, and if you've already donated before you get a super exclusive SECOND badge omg.

Thank you again! Praise Prisus!

Another late edit: Oh, crap, I forgot to mention this too. Last year I explained that $960 of the money generated from the site goes to charity. This year is the same. That amount has been split across the same charities as 2013: Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Victorian AIDS Council and the Australian Marine Conservation Society.

Last edited:
Thanks @Tim. This forum has let me learn more about Australia and motivated me to want to visit when I can. It seems so far, but Australians come to New York all the time.

Thank you and the moderators for all their hard work.

Honestly, I care a hundred more times about the forum than I ever did about the show this year.

We don't have to use PayPal? Excellent! No worries then. You do fantastic work here @Tim and I'm sure most of us appreciate the site and the many hours that you put in, a lot more than we ever say.

*edit* As soon as I can work out how to private message....

Last edited:
A big thankyou from me too, for the forum and for all the work you guys do in running it.

To mark the 10 year anniversary of the BBB forums, which is on 17 January 2015,

Yes, I noticed that was coming up, I can't believe I've been here nearly a decade. It doesn't seem like that long back we were discussing Rudd vs Howard, Obama vs McCain, Michael Jackson's death, etc.

I'm sure I've been here longer than 10 years!

Huge thanks to @Tim as always - this place is a little bit of internet paradise. And @marquisite really is Employee of the Month, every month, so not sure whether I'm to thank the members for making moderating this place far far easier than it was back in the old days, or @marquisite for getting in there and sorting you all out before the rest of us even know there's a problem!

And a quick heads up for our International Forum and a couple of key series in the New Year, beginning with Celebrity Big Brother UK. It's "Big Brother", in the UK, with celebrities, minus the actual celebrities.

More interestingly BB Canada will follow in March with it's third season - it's just about the only version to have had a decent season this year, and generally speaking the rule of Big Brother is that the third season is the best, so definately worth following.

Back