Skip to main content

BBUS 24 - Now airing on CBS

Julie didn't even stick around to oversea the schoolyard pick minutes after the show (not surprising really), but Taylor showed she's better at presenting such a thing anyway (not that it really needed a "host").

Lots of fans trying to get Dyre Fest cancelled for various reasons basically because they don't want Joseph evicted. Now nobody wants Joseph evicted this week but I don't want to see producers caving in to save him.

Lol at this twist being a complete disaster. A wall yeller has shut down the feeds. Production are now playing music outside to down out any potential reprieves.

Serves them right for doing it on the cheap. If they couldn't adapt the house accordingly (even an Upstairs/Downstairs split could have worked with some a bit of control over how the main living area is used) then they really shouldn't have done it - or just split them for the duration of a live show instead and done it double eviction style (which was my initial assumption when it was first announced).

Had it been classic BBUK "Dyre Fest" would probably have actually been set up to be fake from the first and unknowingly to the HMs would always have been cancelled before the eviction, with Michael being the only one who actually won HoH. As much as some fans may demand it though cancelling it now retrospectively would lose what little credibility the show has - I'd much rather a fan favourite be evicted than be saved by production. Think it also sets up the next couple of weeks nicely rather than it just being a case of getting rid of Alyssa and Terrance before the Leftovers turn on themselves. I've little doubt now that Alyssa will likely outlast Kyle - in more ways than one.

Seems the outdoor feeds have pretty much been off since the wall yelling became an issue, so the Veto outcome is unconfirmed.

The most popular rumour doing the rounds though is:
Terrance removed Turner and nominated Kyle

May just be a rumour people wish to believe though.

Seems the outdoor feeds have pretty much been off since the wall yelling became an issue, so the Veto outcome is unconfirmed.

The most popular rumour doing the rounds though is:
Terrance removed Turner and nominated Kyle

May just be a rumour people wish to believe though.
Half confirmed

Now seemingly confirmed. And to be fair as much as fans may hate it this twist has now set up the final weeks of the season with it looking like they'll be two competing alliances moving forward.

Sounds like it. No doubt the CBS edit will frame it solely about being "game" rather than the underlying racism which has led to such "game moves".

Although they rightly got flack for not covering it earlier I think the BBUS editing team did a very good job on the Kyle situation this week, covering it well and using flashbacks to the original conversations rather than just relying on retells so we could see the words that came out of Kyle's mouth. They rightly gave it a bit of extra time too by holding back the house meeting and veto meeting to the eviction show, covering the issue better in the first 20 minutes of the show than an episode of BB Aus would manage in a 90 minute edition.

Must say though I'm with Terrance on this one - can't help but feel that the timing of the revelation has all been gameplay on Michael and Brittany's part and the excuse of them being interupted by the split house twist doesn't explain why they didn't discuss it with Monte and Taylor - other than perhaps not wanting to do so whilst Kyle couldn't defend himself.

Hopefully Kyle gets the support he needs moving forward and isn't left hung out to dry. It does feel like resolving things within the house has been better for all concerned - this is why I hate it when BBUK have just pulled a housemate without explanation in the past rather than enabled the housemates themselves to address the behaviour. Eoven in a competition focused version of the show like BBUSA they've shown multiple times this season that the mechanics of the games are sufficient to hold houseguests accountable for their behaviour.

I'm expecting another episode full of filler given they regularly pull double evictions in a 60 minute show, so no idea why this one gets an extra hour. It can't be any more pointless than the last two hour episode, right? 😬

So, uh, what the fuck was with Julie reading the card she always holds in her hand four times at the very start of the show? "*looks at card* Good evening, and welcome to *looks at card* Big Brother. I'm Julie Chen *looks at card* Moonves, welcome to double *looks at card* eviction night on our show." Surely she didn't have to read a card to remember to say "Good evening", the name of the show or half of her last name...

I'm guessing the autocue was having issues since the "on our show" was weird.

So glad Michael has gone. Seems he was quite bitter about it too. Have noticed when things are going his way he is quite likeable but not so much when he's underthreat. Still think his motivations for ousting Kyle were more games than morals.

Turner has been quietly building up quite the resume.

Back