Skip to main content

BBUS 23 (includes live feed and episode spoilers)

Wow I can’t believe that episode completely whitewashed the insanity of the first 48 hours. Not even a single mention of the slaughter house. Also kind of a shame that Love Island (a show that has half the ratings BB does) had a two hour episode tonight while BB was only an hour.

They get an hour show 5-6 nights a week as well don't they. BB could sustain four shows a week if they sort the regular format out - would probably need an extra regular comp or format point a week though. I think interviews with Grodner and co. have previously indicated they would welcome an extra show each week.

Wow I can’t believe that episode completely whitewashed the insanity of the first 48 hours. Not even a single mention of the slaughter house. Also kind of a shame that Love Island (a show that has half the ratings BB does) had a two hour episode tonight while BB was only an hour.

Speaking of Love Island USA… A shame we don’t get it in demand here in Australia. Only have access to Season 1 and 2 of the show at the moment (which I am still yet to watch).

Liking the updated intro - basically back to the BB16-21 idea but in a new style. Looks much better than last years effort.
The opening episode always struggles to capture what really happens over the first few days and in this case a bit too much through the HoH's eyes. The Wilcard Comp has potential but if they're going to do the nominations wheel every week as well as the potential to save 1, 2 or 3 teammates they should also have the risk of having to nominate one of them on the wheel too if they're running with a risk/reward theme.

I personally didn’t mind the intro last year (well the new music anyway) I would have preferred to have this seasons graphics with last years music. And wow pretty much nothing I watched on the feeds was shown in the episode. I’m assuming this is normal for live feeders ? I’ve never experienced watching a season of big brother with live feeds so this more than anything makes me realise just how much stuff does not make it to air on reality television.

Speaking of Love Island USA… A shame we don’t get it in demand here in Australia. Only have access to Season 1 and 2 of the show at the moment (which I am still yet to watch).
Start with season 2 if you do end up watching it.
Liking the updated intro - basically back to the BB16-21 idea but in a new style. Looks much better than last years effort.
The opening episode always struggles to capture what really happens over the first few days and in this case a bit too much through the HoH's eyes. The Wilcard Comp has potential but if they're going to do the nominations wheel every week as well as the potential to save 1, 2 or 3 teammates they should also have the risk of having to nominate one of them on the wheel too if they're running with a risk/reward theme.
I get that we don’t always see the entire story but at very least they should have touched on the fact that he’s made deals with pretty much the entire house… An hour also wasn’t enough we needed at least 90 minutes following the premiere to make up for time lost.

I’m thinking they dropped the punishments after Frenchie refused in the premiere. The chances of HG’s taking the rewards drops significantly if they have consequences attached.

I personally didn’t mind the intro last year (well the new music anyway) I would have preferred to have this seasons graphics with last years music. And wow pretty much nothing I watched on the feeds was shown in the episode. I’m assuming this is normal for live feeders ? I’ve never experienced watching a season of big brother with live feeds so this more than anything makes me realise just how much stuff does not make it to air on reality television.
It’s pretty typical tbh.

I can’t stand how whitewashed the whole Frenchie storyline has been… They’re definitely trying to paint him in a better light by conveniently leaving out the fact that he also promised a POC would not be his target.

The way we almost had Brent as HOH :oops:

Kyland HOH is the best case scenario! Claire and Tiff are safe and hopefully French Fry is going on the block! We love to see it.

Kyland HOH is the best case scenario! Claire and Tiff are safe and hopefully French Fry is going on the block! We love to see it.
Agreed. I was nail biting those last few minutes. If Frenchie doesn’t at least go up with week I’m going to be fuming

Agreed. I was nail biting those last few minutes. If Frenchie doesn’t at least go up with week I’m going to be fuming

Oh me too, I was really worried and convinced he was gonna win it. I would preferred Sarah Beth to win as I like her and the Kings team the most. I was happy to get some sort of insight into the slaughter house as I haven't seen any of it on the feeds. I try to stay up to watch some of the day time feeds but I'm mainly only been able to watch when they wake up and go to sleep.

The look on Julie Chen's face when she basically froze in place when Travis said he was evicted because he is a "white guy with abs".

😂

I think Sonia needs to start giving us cringy inspirational mum quotes at the end of the episodes like Julie Chen does. 😂

I think Sonia needs to start giving us cringy inspirational mum quotes at the end of the episodes like Julie Chen does. 😂

She’s better at it than Sonia. Despite people disliking Julie Chen I actually like her a lot more than Sonia. She has at least proved in the past she has the ability to call out behaviours. Her reading out the racist comments to Aaryn in BB15 is one of my favourite moments in big brother history.

She’s better at it than Sonia. Despite people disliking Julie Chen I actually like her a lot more than Sonia. She has at least proved in the past she has the ability to call out behaviours. Her reading out the racist comments to Aaryn in BB15 is one of my favourite moments in big brother history.
I think all long term fans have grown to like Julie… Advances in technology have definitely made her more enjoyable to watch and the addition of a personality has made her feel like more than just the lady who announces things in front of a monitor.

I can’t be bothered to find the interview but from the sounds of things she was really just thrust in to the role and it sent her career on a different trajectory. She initially wanted to be an investigative journalist/reporter on 60 minutes not a TV personality. She also wasn’t CBS’s first choice for the role and from what I understand was a relatively last minute addition to the show which kind of explains why she gave off fish out of water vibes in the early years.

In terms of her calling out HG’s on their behaviour Julie tows the party line which is to only call out certain problematic HG’s/behaviours. While Aaryn definitely needed to be held accountable for her actions the show singled her out in a season that was riddled with racism and micro-aggressions from a variety of people not just Aaryn. Julie seems to love Jeff (BB11/13) and Cody (BB19) both of whom made problematic statements in the house that were whitewashed in the broadcast show. I haven’t followed the show as closely in the last decade so these are just examples I know off the top of my head.

I will commend her for addressing tough situations in a way that doesn’t come across as bitchy or an attack. In general she’s fair and tends to stay away from expressing to much of her own opinions about the HG’s.

Last edited:
I think all long term fans have grown to like Julie… Advances in technology have definitely made her more enjoyable to watch and the addition of a personality has made her feel like more than just the lady who announces things in front of a monitor.

I can’t be bothered to find the interview but from the sounds of things she was really just thrust in to the role and it sent her career on a different trajectory. She initially wanted to be an investigative journalist/reporter on 60 minutes not a TV personality. She also wasn’t CBS’s first choice for the role and from what I understand was a relatively last minute addition to the show which kind of explains why she gave off fish out of water vibes in the early years.

In terms of her calling out HG’s on their behaviour Julie tows the party line which is to only call out certain problematic HG’s/behaviours. While Aaryn definitely needed to be held accountable for her actions the show singled her out in a season that was riddled with racism and micro-aggressions from a variety of people not just Aaryn. Julie seems to love Jeff (BB11/13) and Cody (BB19) both of whom made problematic statements in the house that were whitewashed in the broadcast show. I haven’t followed the show as closely in the last decade so these are just examples I know off the top of my head.

I will commend her for addressing tough situations in a way that doesn’t come across as bitchy or an attack. In general she’s fair and tends to stay away from expressing to much of her own opinions about the HG’s.

I agree regarding Jeff. In Shelly’s eviction in BB13 Julie was almost sounding as if she was personally upset by Shelly evicting Jeff. She’s not my favourite host of all of Big Brother, I find Gretel and Davina way more entertaining and unpredictable. But Julie is far better than Sonia.

I agree regarding Jeff. In Shelly’s eviction in BB13 Julie was almost sounding as if she was personally upset by Shelly evicting Jeff. She’s not my favourite host of all of Big Brother, I find Gretel and Davina way more entertaining and unpredictable. But Julie is far better than Sonia.
She may not be my favourite either but I’ve grown to like her… It should also be said that Julie staying on as host all these years is without a doubt the reason the show lasted as long as it did. In the early years it was pretty clear that BB was just a way for CBS to fill their summer schedule and were pretty on the fence each time it was renewed. Julie is married to the former head of CBS and had she not enjoyed the show as much as she has I’m certain they would have dumped the show a few series in.

It took Julie a long time to find her personality but when it does sneak in it makes for a better show. Not a fan though of her holier than thou quotes at the end - just does not fit with the concept of deceit and backstabbing the show is built on.

Back