Skip to main content

BBB Members and Their Christmas Traditions

'Twas the night before Solstice when all thru the BB house
not a Creature was stirring not even Tim's mouse.
With Ed in his kerchief and Jade in her cap
We had all settled down for BBs nap
When out in the backyard there arose a silent disco
An intruder alert caused a fiasco
When what to Lawson's wondering eyes do see
It is the alluring Cat saying yes love me.
On Jake on Gemma on Katie on Lisa
On dion, on Who was he?
Happy Christmas to Tweens
And to all a good BBAU season in 2015!!!

'Twas the night before Solstice when all thru the BB house
not a Creature was stirring not even Tim's mouse.
With Ed in his kerchief and Jade in her cap
We had all settled down for BBs nap
When out in the backyard there arose a silent disco
An intruder alert caused a fiasco
When what to Lawson's wondering eyes do see
It is the alluring Cat saying yes love me.
On Jake on Gemma on Katie on Lisa
On dion, on Who was he?
Happy Christmas to Tweens
And to all a good BBAU season in 2015!!!
Well done! Super clever!

I love it!

Season traditions ?

A new one.

A moment ago donating more than four times as much to "David's Shield" than I gave towards the upkeep of these forums around the same time.

Here's the link if you too would like to help buy a nice warm jacket for a lovely young uzzi toting Israeli lass or two: http://cfijerusalem.org/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=31

"Project David's Shield reaches out to those who protect Israel.

"And he shall say to them, 'Hear O Israel: Today you are on the verge of battle with your enemies. Do not let your heart faint or be afraid, and do not tremble or be terrified because of them; for the Lord your God is He who goes with you to fight for you againist your enemies." (Deuteronomy 20:3, 4)

Do you realize that Israel is where the East and West meet? What happens in Israel affects our own backyard in a few years. In Israel every 18 year old must serve in the armed forces for 2-3 years. The Israeli society is structured in such a way that the families of these soldiers must support them, as their pay is minimal. For example, if a soldier works in a non-combat unit he/she received about $75 a month whereas a combat soldier receives about $150 a month. As you can see any gift we give to the soldiers are greatly appreciated! What an opportunity for us, as Christians, to say “Thank YOU” to the IDF!

Throughout the year, depending on the season, CFI travels all over Israel making deliveries to combat units. We give away to each soldier fleece jackets, thermal clothing, gloves, hats, t-shirts, backpacks, water bags and more. Remember, these young adults risk their lives not only to protect the Jewish people from extinction, but also to defend freedom and democracy around the world.

Your gift to the David’s Shield project takes just a few minutes to make a soldier feel proud of their service and will boost their morale. Your gift of expressing your gratitude to an Israeli soldier will be a great encouragement to them!"

regarDS

Well it is that time of year again for those who love Christmas and all it represents to celebrate; and for those who hate it to piss and moan.

Personally, I choose to celebrate. For me Christmas is a time to remember those we have loved and lost, while loving the ones who are still with us with renewed gusto.

While my family is tiny, Christmas is still just as special. My day will be spent nursing the unwell, then I will race home and glaze my ham. My family consists of my partner, my one and only child who is 26, his partner and our two dogs. We will have an extra special dinner which I lovingly prepare, and we will have pavlova with fresh cream and fruit for dessert. Dinner should be brimming with calories, pink champagne, love and laughter.

I have dialled back on the decorating since moving to this house. While my suicidal angel and Yule Turd come out of storage and help us get into the spirit, the rest has been super simplified. In fact house decorated in under 10 minutes! BOO YEAH!

I realise the forum is quiet, but I am hoping some of you will share your Christmas traditions, loves, losses and new family additions.

I really hope your Christmas is everything you want it to be :)

IMG_1438.JPG

I'm doing night shift on the 24th and 25th, so will spend time with my family on Boxing Day. My one tradition is to play Handel's Messiah on Christmas Day. Always gives me a thrill.

How do I make photos small enough to upload? I have some Christmas ones to share. My relatives house she goes over the top.

Reactions: Tee
How do I make photos small enough to upload? I have some Christmas ones to share. My relatives house she goes over the top.
Friends of mine do theirs too. I've been involved in the setting up stages too over the years. A bit of fun and feels good to know you've helped to make others happy.

Reactions: Tee
Hey Rosie, personally I have no idea. My photos upload without trouble, our resident cyber criminal @timmydownawell might know!

I hope you work out how to share them :)

Hey Rosie, personally I have no idea. My photos upload without trouble, our resident cyber criminal @timmydownawell might know!
LOL. You can upload them to http://imgur.com/ and then get the "BBCODE" share link and paste those links straight into your posts here.

The only downside is that they don't stay up forever; after some time (several months) they will expire and disappear *poof*.

As for my Christmas traditions, well, it's not really my thing. But I sent my sister some Christmas tree decorations I found at a shop here in Phnom Penh which sells goods made by people with disabilities. Nothing says "Christmas" like little silk elephants! :) They were very cute actually. And she really liked them.

I love Christmas! I never used to and probably even said as much in this thread, but I really enjoyed the festive season last year and am looking forward to doing it all again this year. I've actually done a complete 180 on it now.

I have a big family, I am one of four kids and have an ernormous extended family so it's always a busy time. I should also say that I am technically Jewish but even the Jews in my family celebrate Christmas. My dad lives overseas but is coming for Christmas so I will spend Xmas eve with him and his family and then my parent's place for Christmas Day and then Boxing Day I usually see my dad's family, a ginormous Italian family.

Oh and next weekend I am havung an early Christmas Celebration with my partner's extended family. Most her of family lives overseas so it's not too many people.

This is my son's first Christmas but I will wait until he is older to make a big deal of it, but he has put me in popular demand and made all of the above compulsory attendance. I suspect he is integral in me suddenly liking Christmas and I am looking forward to future celebrations!

What a big and fabulous melting pot of family you have Jessy. I am one of two and when I do see my family it will be five of us and the dog. We don't bother with cousins anymore as we're all married (except me) with families and are scattered over Melbourne. My two uncles (Dad's brothers) and their wives will have lunch with the five of us on the 17th. One of my uncles said not to invite the cousins, lol. Hilarious. Enjoy your fantastic family experiences and may Max know the joy and pleasures that Christmas brings.

Christmas is hard sometimes when you are from a broken family and don't have a lot of relatives nearby. TV always makes it seem like no one is alone in Christmas but more people are alone than you might think.

My sister in Virginia spends Christmas alone as she doesn't reach out to our cousins in the area. Before she got divorced she spent all her Christmas with her husbands family. They want no part of her now.

My cousins don't invite her because they don't know she's truly alone- though when they do invite her to things she often lies and says she's busy. She thinks they should invite her and she shouldn't have to ask, and if they don't she feels she shouldn't impose.

It's all very confusing to me. When I mention she's alone to my cousins, they say that she never comes when invited and think she doesn't want to go. When I tell her that she needs to let them know she's alone, she says they would invite her if they wanted her.

I feel bad as I think my sister is messed up in her decision making but I can't help her. I have invited her here but she claims she can't plan that far in advance. I even offered to go down there on Christmas and take her out but she thinks it would be too expensive

Just posting to remind people who are alone that it isn't the crowded family joy that is shown in media for everyone.

To cheer myself up, I am going to every holiday thing I can find. I'm slowly coming out of depression but still have days of staying home and just watching tv. I'm fighting it though and getting support where I can.

LOL. You can upload them to http://imgur.com/ and then get the "BBCODE" share link and paste those links straight into your posts here.

The only downside is that they don't stay up forever; after some time (several months) they will expire and disappear *poof*.
I'm not sure I want to use imgur. I can probably edit them on my computer. Most of my photos are on my phone.
Maybe Tully could set up a crash course in editing photos from your phone.

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas 🎄

EAE59708-93E7-463C-A63F-E41A4F8541A9.jpeg

Back