Skip to main content

BBB Members and Their Christmas Traditions

Could you be any more lovely? :p
I honestly cannot take credit for this. I was pregnant with my second child and this lady who helped raise me as a child, who I call my grandmother, was shopping with me and suggested I do this. We were talking about the season and I was telling her how stressful it is around this time with all the shopping. Then she said that I was lucky that I could shop not only for myself and my child but also spoil the people in my life. It was a real reality check in all honesty. She said that many wish they could make Christmas a bit more special for their own but couldn't even afford it. She always donates to these type of things and told me to buy a gift to someone who really would appreciate it and wish they could be the one complaining about the same things. I know I still complain here and there when this time comes again but when I donate to someone else it brings me back down from that thinking and makes me realise how lucky I really am and makes me feel good that a child out there will be smiling ear to ear to have received a present from Santa too.

I honestly cannot take credit for this. I was pregnant with my second child and this lady who helped raise me as a child, who I call my grandmother, was shopping with me and suggested I do this. We were talking about the season and I was telling her how stressful it is around this time with all the shopping. Then she said that I was lucky that I could shop not only for myself and my child but also spoil the people in my life. It was a real reality check in all honesty. She said that many wish they could make Christmas a bit more special for their own but couldn't even afford it. She always donates to these type of things and told me to buy a gift to someone who really would appreciate it and wish they could be the one complaining about the same things. I know I still complain here and there when this time comes again but when I donate to someone else it brings me back down from that thinking and makes me realise how lucky I really am and makes me feel good that a child out there will be smiling ear to ear to have received a present from Santa too.
That's lovely of your Grandmother to point that out and make you remember how lucky we really are, but for you to remember and continue the tradition all these years makes you just as lovely :p it's sad how sometimes we all can get so caught up in our own present shopping we forget how many people aren't even that blessed. Thank you for the reminder x

That's lovely of your Grandmother to point that out and make you remember how lucky we really are, but for you to remember and continue the tradition all these years makes you just as lovely :p it's sad how sometimes we all can get so caught up in our own present shopping we forget how many people aren't even that blessed. Thank you for the reminder x
You are a sweetheart x

Bikes are home, time to open a bottle of red, open my Camembert, grab some crackers and pear and put this mofo together!

(when I say put together I mean, me supervise my partner on the bicycle assembly line - pictures pending)

We have been doing it for years too and collectively as a family before we open our own presents we reflect on the people we brought for, and gives us a big smile, its a lovely tradition :D xxx

We have been doing it for years too and collectively as a family before we open our own presents we reflect on the people we brought for, and gives us a big smile, its a lovely tradition :D xxx
It really is! It's beautiful your family is involved in it and that you all think about the joys it will bring other people. It makes you all appreciate the gifts you give to each other too which is a bonus in itself. I may need to steal this thought or think of it as a passing down to one family to another ;)

I agree about the sugar-fest and the endless get-togethers, parties and drinkies at work. I like the people I work with, but I'd rather be with my friends and family. (Some of my close friends, mind you, are people I've worked with in the past.)

It's not by any means a family tradition, but I tend to give gifts that are a little luxury that the recipient wouldn't necessarily buy themselves plus a donation to a charity that they like. I'm a bit of charity nut, which is probably why I'll never really wear Givenchy. I have monthly direct debits going to several charities all year. I just hope that they really are useful.

I agree about the sugar-fest and the endless get-togethers, parties and drinkies at work. I like the people I work with, but I'd rather be with my friends and family. (Some of my close friends, mind you, are people I've worked with in the past.)

It's not by any means a family tradition, but I tend to give gifts that are a little luxury that the recipient wouldn't necessarily buy themselves plus a donation to a charity that they like. I'm a bit of charity nut, which is probably why I'll never really wear Givenchy. I have monthly direct debits going to several charities all year. I just hope that they really are useful.
That's really nice of you.[DOUBLEPOST=1419068647][/DOUBLEPOST]And yes, partying can get a bit tiring, especially with colleagues.

Reactions: Jam
Back