Skip to main content

BBAU Rewatch

Haha. There’s was a lot of love on the forum for him on the night of the finale.
There was also something about Jade seeing him in the audience which may have been a spoiler, but then they showed Tim and Jade an interview with their parents on stage. So I don’t think it was supposed to be a surprise reunion on stage.

Btw that trick or treat special (most recent watched) was something. Firstly, the rock explainations by far my favourite thing to see on any bb- by far! So well thought out, each rock perfectly describing and matching the hms, and incredibly touching. I admit I did tear up with Tully’s explaination. It’s obvious Tim sees people deeply.

Now the actual trick or treat part. I don’t think I truly processed it the first time. Wow! A lot to unpack here and a lot of summations made from it now with hindsight in play. I think the most talked about aspect would have to be jade in this.

I can see why jade came second. That trick treat special definitely would have elicited a strong response from her fan base and also others thinking she was given the bad edit and added to the idea she was the victim. I think with the edit and how jade came across, it just heightened it all. However, taking away the emotional attachment of it, I can see why she received the edit she did. She really didn’t have any highlighting experiences to show, most would have been laying around with Ed, talking to Ed about a future, nothing that truly stood out imo from what I was watching and those edits were the few that could trigger a response. I think the fact she kept acting with moral ground only made her edits worse too. She couldn’t actually laugh at them like Tahan who owned who she is and really didn’t care, so for jade, it made her paranoid and embarrassed because she began to overthink everything about her own behaviour.

At the end of it they are all the same- faults and all, but it’s the ones who try to arc over others that are left mortified because the realisation is we’ve all had a good and bad side. Like my above post about Ed. He declared some kind of loyal grounding and caused a stir over Drew and Tim nominating jade when he had already done it. It looks so much worse

In one of the best season of BBAU the trick or treat ep is one of the best single episodes.

On Ed nominating Jade. Jade was trying to work out when (chronologically) that happened and they decided it was late enough that he shouldn’t have.

However, Jade definitely pushed herself on him for quite a while until it started to be reciprocated. Even though I just rewatched, I can’t remember whether at the point Ed had the super power I had thought Ed had started to reciprocate feelings for Jade or not? It’s tenuous. But maybe Ed would have justified it that he didn’t actually feel that close to Jade at the time?

It doesn’t necessarily get him out of the hypocrisy for going at Tim and Drew so much. But also that was one nomination they were actually allowed to talk about and if he didn’t “stick up for Jade” he might have also copped it!

Haha. There’s was a lot of love on the forum for him on the night of the finale.
There was also something about Jade seeing him in the audience which may have been a spoiler, but then they showed Tim and Jade an interview with their parents on stage. So I don’t think it was supposed to be a surprise reunion on stage.

Yes that was my thought too, I mean maybe it was meant to be a surprise when they saw the interview but it’s all the same really, I kind of liked Jade just seeing a casual throwaway shot.

I really wanted him to play those cards! I would have enjoyed seeing ed take Tim on.

I think he thought he could take on Tim, but that’s when he had others on board. I think he knew he was in way over his head taking Tim on solo. He had to know and that’s why he was so caught up in magnifying situations imo. Or maybe he felt responsible to honour those who went and made it his mission to bring Tim down but realised quickly he couldn’t. He just focussed way too hard on this and I think not just the jade thing but obsession with Tim, ruined his experience in the end where he couldn’t just enjoy himself.

Yeah I think for all his talk of holding cards against Tim, he actually had nothing. In the “argument” with Tim that apparently went on for hours, the classic line from Tim is something along the lines of “that’s the thing, Ed, I’m not threatened by you”.

Tim was chaotic, but also quite out there and transparent. So there was basically nothing that Ed could have done to ‘out’ Tim that again wouldn’t have simply claimed himself taking all power from Ed’s threats.

Ed, while definitely being threatened by Tim, more actually just didn’t understand Tim. He found some common minds at times when Tim was frustrating people, which is what helped him create this image of an ‘evil manipulator’ in Ed’s head. I’d argue that for the most part Tim wasn’t evil at all, he was a manipulator of course, within the boundaries of the game. There are probably some hurtful things he said and did, because we’re all human. But labelling Tim a “bad person” was never really going to stick and therefore there are actually were no cards to play. Poor Ed lol.

Yes that was my thought too, I mean maybe it was meant to be a surprise when they saw the interview but it’s all the same really, I kind of liked Jade just seeing a casual throwaway shot.
It was cute. And yeah maybe a little more of an organic reaction.

In one of the best season of BBAU the trick or treat ep is one of the best single episodes.

On Ed nominating Jade. Jade was trying to work out when (chronologically) that happened and they decided it was late enough that he shouldn’t have.

However, Jade definitely pushed herself on him for quite a while until it started to be reciprocated. Even though I just rewatched, I can’t remember whether at the point Ed had the super power I had thought Ed had started to reciprocate feelings for Jade or not? It’s tenuous. But maybe Ed would have justified it that he didn’t actually feel that close to Jade at the time?

It doesn’t necessarily get him out of the hypocrisy for going at Tim and Drew so much. But also that was one nomination they were actually allowed to talk about and if he didn’t “stick up for Jade” he might have also copped it!
I think he enjoyed the relationship for what it was worth just in the house and never had or showed any indication it would continue outside the house x she was a comfort thing and that’s all o think. And it became apparent as more of his friends left. Drew and Tahan said it best. Drew in saying he was too clinical and Tahan in he never went out of his way for jade. It was convenience imo on his part. He was well aware of the situation of voting because he did nominate Tahan too. He just wanted to belittle Tim so bad he completely forgot his own voting just to one up Tim. Honestly he should have left earlier. He would have been a boring hm butbatleastbhis “perfect” description would have stayed in tact

THE FINALE!!!

I AM TRULY SORRY BUT THAT WAS RUBBISH!

Honestly I don’t have the bestest of memories but I don’t recall other finales being this bad. I need some bb know it alls to answer, but has it always been this long and rushed? There were so many different things happening and interviews taking place, it was like everyone getting together to do a school project and each person in charge of a section and then last minute putting it together just to get it on. Like did no one collaborate this before hand. Sorry but it was terrible! Tahan definitely was given the most screen time, interview time, the most recognition. And then it was like they were really trying to finish it off and jade and Tim were given no time at all.

One thing I will say, I used to like the news being read out, do you guys remember that. I don’t know why, but it just seemed personalised.

Comment of the night was Sonya saying ed loves cash hahahaha. The few times was exceptional. But let’s not get carried away. I still think many hosts can fill her position.

Tahan was so drunk. So so drunk. And I will point this out. She was the ONLY hm in her interview who sounded like the Tahan we saw in the house. Like there was no difference. Usually with interviews the hm is a little more I don’t know, but reserved, thoughtful. Tahan was exactly the same! Proving me right that she is who she is unapologetically. Love her so very much.

THE FINALE!!!

Honestly I don’t have the bestest of memories but I don’t recall other finales being this bad. I need some bb know it alls to answer, but has it always been this long and rushed? There were so many different things happening and interviews taking place, it was like everyone getting together to do a school project and each person in charge of a section and then last minute putting it together just to get it on. Like did no one collaborate this before hand. Sorry but it was terrible! Tahan definitely was given the most screen time, interview time, the most recognition. And then it was like they were really trying to finish it off and jade and Tim were given no time at all.

One thing I will say, I used to like the news being read out, do you guys remember that. I don’t know why, but it just seemed personalised.

Comment of the night was Sonya saying ed loves cash hahahaha. The few times was exceptional. But let’s not get carried away. I still think many hosts can fill her position.

Tahan was so drunk. So so drunk. And I will point this out. She was the ONLY hm in her interview who sounded like the Tahan we saw in the house. Like there was no difference. Usually with interviews the hm is a little more I don’t know, but reserved, thoughtful. Tahan was exactly the same! Proving me right that she is who she is unapologetically. Love her so very much.

Yes! After an awesome season the finale was a bit disappointing, especially since 2012’s finale was really good.

And yes I do agreed with Tahan. I did sort of love her saying how Jade wanted her career, even with Jade watching…never one to mince her words. Her eviction interview was exactly the same as in the house. I wish I had appreciated her more at the time!

THE FINALE!!!

I have very very little recollection of 2012 but in the 2013 finale thread on here a lot of us said 2012 was a far better produced and exciting finale.

Yes! After an awesome season the finale was a bit disappointing, especially since 2012’s finale was really good.

And yes I do agreed with Tahan. I did sort of love her saying how Jade wanted her career, even with Jade watching…never one to mince her words. Her eviction interview was exactly the same as in the house. I wish I had appreciated her more at the time!
I couldn’t work out what it was at first but it seemed a bit flat from the get go. And that dance by the hms at the beginning 😬. I was cringing and laughing because it was awkward.

Glad you could enjoy her now. I think bb is one of those shows we feel so passionately about a hm and then after some time you go wtf or why. You were feeling what you were feeling at the time and that doesn’t make it wrong. I wish I didn’t let edits take away from how I truly felt about Drew. I really really Ike him or. Have I like him now more because I’m where I’m at in this point of my life. Who knows? But he deserved better imo

I have very very little recollection of 2012 but in the 2013 finale thread on here a lot of us said 2012 was a far better produced and exciting finale.
I remember a little but I think you become so focussed on who wins and doesn’t win you kind of forget. 2012 was more organised I felt and I feel they try to bring things from the house into the show which was nice

If it makes you feel better I have an obsession for tahans mum. She had legs for days. I truly admire the form of women as you can see 😂

Haha I love to see it. Tahan definitely looked like her mum and that is some amazing genes.

As a tangent I don’t feel like tahan ever once commented on her appearance positive or negative. Compared to Jade who really talked herself up, but also was very harsh on herself in other areas. Tahan no doubt knew she was beautiful but maybe knew she had so much else to offer, someone instilled some strong values in her.

Yeah I think for all his talk of holding cards against Tim, he actually had nothing. In the “argument” with Tim that apparently went on for hours, the classic line from Tim is something along the lines of “that’s the thing, Ed, I’m not threatened by you”.

Tim was chaotic, but also quite out there and transparent. So there was basically nothing that Ed could have done to ‘out’ Tim that again wouldn’t have simply claimed himself taking all power from Ed’s threats.

Ed, while definitely being threatened by Tim, more actually just didn’t understand Tim. He found some common minds at times when Tim was frustrating people, which is what helped him create this image of an ‘evil manipulator’ in Ed’s head. I’d argue that for the most part Tim wasn’t evil at all, he was a manipulator of course, within the boundaries of the game. There are probably some hurtful things he said and did, because we’re all human. But labelling Tim a “bad person” was never really going to stick and therefore there are actually were no cards to play. Poor Ed lol.
I think Tim would have loved Ed to have been more of a challenge - you look at how much he respected some of the newbies games this time around - they gave him more of a challenge than Ed did.

THE FINALE!!!

The only thing I remember is Tim after he won while they were talking to Jade walking around the empty house saying I don't want to leave. I think he contemplated jumping in the pool but he had his good clothes on? But the rest of that finale is a blur to me.

Haha I love to see it. Tahan definitely looked like her mum and that is some amazing genes.

As a tangent I don’t feel like tahan ever once commented on her appearance positive or negative. Compared to Jade who really talked herself up, but also was very harsh on herself in other areas. Tahan no doubt knew she was beautiful but maybe knew she had so much else to offer, someone instilled some strong values in her.
Interesting point and totally agree. I think Tahan had more life experiences. you’re right her family instilled a strong sense of identity in her and also strong values which she proudly shares. She also learnt through life lessons how ro rely on herself. Going to Melbourne for uni on her own and bf dumped her so she made it through on her own. She knows she’s capable.

Some good highlights of the final five together is Tahan not sugar coating things and telling jade the truth about Ed. Tahan never had an issue with jade personally other than by association to the girl pack, jade being influenced by the sugar sisters however did take tahans antics personally. But again this shows how Tahan could think independently and jade wasn’t there yet. In the end though I think she saw past all of that and appreciated her qualities. Good way to end the rivalry

Back