Skip to main content

BBAU Rewatch

Currently watching S1 Eviction #8 (Day 63).

I always felt producers shat on Johnnie from the start. Maybe not deliberately to stir up hate, but they did play up the whole Johnnie Rotten thing on multiple occasions across a number of shows, including the Triple M song about it. I wish he was coming back in the next season.

Too bad I didn't bid on his legacy shorts. I could have got into his pants!

Last edited:
Day 67. An obvious loss of energy now that Johnnie's gone.

Gretel now announcing the "best Uncut ever" via scraping the previous footage.

Footage of their "I never" drinking game. "I've never had a penis up my bottom". Gordon shown drinking to this (cannot rule out editing ofc). He'd previously said he only finds one in 10,000 men attractive. Outside of the house, he and Johnnie would have definitely done it.

Last edited:
Did they switch from grass to Astroturf in S2? Was a mudfest in S1.

Was listening to the Pre-Launch episode of BBBA Podcast for 2006 and they were talking about the Astroturf being brought in. BB2005 had a big grassy area remember and it got pretty rank and not that well kept by the end of the 100 Days of S5.

ohhh yea remember the Legacy Items... When did that stop? 2005ish? We should compile a list. :)
Yeah 2005 was the first year without it. The only reason I know that is Gianna said during her eviction interview that the only reason she took that nurse costume that the housemates gave her flack about taking into the house was so that she could use it as her charity item - I guess they didn't bother to tell them it wasn't happening that year.

I was re-watching the 'Unforgettable' special hosted by Gretel this morning (it was I think after nominations show slot on Day 9 of 2006). Gretel is plugging 'the NEW Uncut, is gonna be called ADULTS ONLY... next week. don't miss it.'

The Marty and Jess segment, the cheese and mush... I remember that scene 'If I'm evicted, I want for you to be the last one to look at me as I walk out the door...' so dramatic, also that's right they were laying out near the indoor wood fire heater the first 2 houses (?) had. It also reminded me I remember Marty singing Strawberry Kisses by Nikki Webster in the spa. LOL. They had a scene of Saxon appropriating The Day You Went Away' by Wendy Matthews in the Spa too 'I just watch my life go byyyyy... ...Jo Jo's a waste of tiimmme..' played at Joanne's eviction. No singing Commercial music rules were perhaps a bit laxer in BB02 and BB03 it seems.

and 2005... That whole 'Liars eviction' drama felt contrived. Was it actually unplanned and done on the fly (can't recall if this was ever explained/investigated BTS), or another way they could throw a twist in for the opening two weeks to capitalise on the whole 'we wanna see some sexy singles mingle this year' angle they were trying for? We mightn't have got Vesna as early as we did otherwise (although it did kinda set the trend of multiple waves of Intruders format which continued in 06 and 07 particularly). Nelson getting booted without prizes made for interesting TV, and then Dean did make it like 9 weeks into the show after that.

Also, yeah Glenn tried cracking onto Kate after Michelle got evicted, and then they brought her back out on his eviction. I think they still appeared together on Ready Steady Cook though after that didn't they? Awkward...

Last edited:
I was re-watching the 'Unforgettable' special hosted by Gretel this morning (it was I think after nominations show slot on Day 9 of 2006). Gretel is plugging 'the NEW Uncut, is gonna be called ADULTS ONLY... next week. don't miss it.'
Which Gretel says is not about being "saucy and steamy" as the name might suggest... Meanwhile the first segment is about Camilla's vibrators :rolleyes:

and 2005... That whole 'Liars eviction' drama felt contrived. Was it actually unplanned and done on the fly (can't recall if this was ever explained/investigated BTS), or another way they could throw a twist in for the opening two weeks to capitalise on the whole 'we wanna see some sexy singles mingle this year' angle they were trying for? We
That was probably the biggest fix in Big Brother history, and I include the Seven era in that. Took the audience for fools and by the narrative of the show punished housemates for producers failings. The requirement to be "single" was so pathetic anyway (this after the winner of BB4 proposed on stage to his girlfriend) and it just went down a route the show didn't need to go down and is one of the things that tarnished the season - the other being the farce around the Logan twins.

Both "twists" were clearly inspired by others from the year before - the bedsit in BBUK and the secret twins in BBUSA, but both lacked the execution to make them work.

Just wanted to say that I am really enjoying reading your thoughts while you are re-watching Big Brother @Zcsund1234 @timmy @Afflllate :) Thank you guys!
This is nice to know, imagine if I spent all this time writing and no one was looking lol. I've been pretty slow with watching the last few days because of starting a new job, which I hope will not impact how fast I can watch the remaining 9 seasons.
Currently up to Day 66 of 2002 where Gretel goes in for the MasterCard challenge. I actually do enjoy watching her go into the house but I can't say it's amazingly great as an episode but its good fun. 2002 is so hard to watch after Nathan leaves, its very mundane and tedious. Between the middle of the season there are multiple points I think Peter could have been evicted had he been nominated. He makes such boring TV for a reality TV winner.

This is nice to know, imagine if I spent all this time writing and no one was looking lol. I've been pretty slow with watching the last few days because of starting a new job, which I hope will not impact how fast I can watch the remaining 9 seasons.
Honestly there's no hurry. I'm really appreciating your insights too. I didn't watch any today. I do find the S1 Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun eps a slog, with 24 min daily show, 48 minute Uncut, 24 min Fri show, 48 minute Sat show and then ofc it's Sunday with an eviction so it gets to be quite a slog. I'm usually second-screening while I "watch", but I still skip through the nominations on Tuesdays. Where am I up to? Day 68 I think. Mañana.

Honestly there's no hurry. I'm really appreciating your insights too. I didn't watch any today. I do find the S1 Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun eps a slog, with 24 min daily show, 48 minute Uncut, 24 min Fri show, 48 minute Sat show and then ofc it's Sunday with an eviction so it gets to be quite a slog. I'm usually second-screening while I "watch", but I still skip through the nominations on Tuesdays. Where am I up to? Day 68 I think. Mañana.
I'm up to a real slog of episodes atm with 2002. Sunday eviction, Monday nominations, Tuesday MasterCard challenge, extended Daily show, uncut and repeat. It's funny how when live viewing a series you want all of this extra content, but on a rewatch it is quite tedious.

on a rewatch it is quite tedious
That's because firstly we know what's going to happen, and secondly we're bingeing it, which we're not meant to do. In 10's day we could watch the live feeds between eps and "be the first" to see things happen, and later how they got edited into the show.

I hope to finish 2002 soon as I just want to start 2003 already. I will also be taking a short break for about 10 days soon as I will be holidaying in the Gold Coast over New Years. I might watch a couple episodes of a night time but my 2004 coverage will come early January.

Costumes provided, her favourite band serving food, a secret room in the camera run added for celebration, a romantic date with Marty and a one hour special for Jessica's birthday, I wonder who was the production favourite?

I hope to finish 2002 soon as I just want to start 2003 already. I will also be taking a short break for about 10 days soon as I will be holidaying in the Gold Coast over New Years. I might watch a couple episodes of a night time but my 2004 coverage will come early January.
In 2009 after Ten's BB was bit a memory I provided a stream of 2003 in its entirety - I'd play an episode on repeat for 24 hours each day. I don't know if anyone out there watched it, but they may have.

In 2009 after Ten's BB was bit a memory I provided a stream of 2003 in its entirety - I'd play an episode on repeat for 24 hours each day. I don't know if anyone out there watched it, but they may have.
This reminds me of when JTV was still a thing… Occasionally they’d have a channel or two that would stream old BBUS and Survivor series over 24 hours. It was also a great place for BBUK content.

Back