Skip to main content

BBAU 2023: Promos and other news (includes spoilers)

And so, They want you to vote Sonia for the Logies. lol

You got to be kidding me. They think Sonia is more deserving than, say Chris Brown? gtfooh If anything she should win a prize for least interesting host on Australian tv.lol. I’d vote for her for that.

Anyone here who thinks Sonia deserves our vote? lol

Well I guess 7's over the top promotion of Sonia for the Gold logie worked as she just won 🤣

I know I’m in the minority … but I’m so happy for Sonia. I’ve loved her since Tina Sparkles and she has worked hard in the Australian entertainment industry ever since. Well deserved! 👏🏽
You’re most likely in a minority when it comes to hosting BB. She maybe suits dancing with the stars, but for BB she just does not have the smarts for the role, which in my opinion, a show about psychology and wits, demands. Now she will be known as the award winning BB presenter. We are screwed. 🤮

You’re most likely in a minority when it comes to hosting BB. She maybe suits dancing with the stars, but for BB she just does not have the smarts for the role, which in my opinion, a show about psychology and wits, demands. Now she will be known as the award winning BB presenter. We are screwed. 🤮
I think she's pretty average in general but I will say that she actually does suit the role on the Seven version of Big Brother much more than she did having to work with an audience and interact with HMs face to face back in the Nine days.

Of course though we don't know how much editing that takes on Seven's part to make her look competent.

A mostly nothing teaser, but god bless this uploader for giving more of a shit about BBAU than the official socials.
Wasn't this the launch where people from the public could turn up and watch it be filmed (and presumably be the people standing alongside the catwalk)? They barely had anyone turn up by the looks of it. They're all in single file with no one standing behind them.

They wanted a crowd, but ended up with two lines instead. 😂😂😂

If anyone likes Sonia, you are entitled to your opinion. However, if she is being awarded for her contributions to Big Brother as a host, then this award is objectively undeserved. Sonia has been hosting the show for many years now, and after all this time has still failed to make a significant impact.

Gretel, love her or hate her, made such an impact, and her absence was noticed. If Sonia was replaced, I think very few people would care or feel nostalgic about her days as a host. She was a non-factor in so many ways.

Wasn't this the launch where people from the public could turn up and watch it be filmed (and presumably be the people standing alongside the catwalk)? They barely had anyone turn up by the looks of it. They're all in single file with no one standing behind them.

They wanted a crowd, but ended up with two lines instead. 😂😂😂
Yes. There were reports that producers were scrambling at the last minute to find locals to fill that crowd. It's hilarious to see how true that was in the footage.

"What could possibly go wrong?" 🤣 EVERYTHING!

If anyone likes Sonia, you are entitled to your opinion. However, if she is being awarded for her contributions to Big Brother as a host, then this award is objectively undeserved.
The Gold Logie is for most popular personality on Australian Television, I don’t think it’s a reflection of big brother hosting alone.

Yes. There were reports that producers were scrambling at the last minute to find locals to fill that crowd. It's hilarious to see how true that was in the footage.

"What could possibly go wrong?" 🤣 EVERYTHING!

I had tickets for this (it was back in October of 2022) and I had to cancel the day before as I had a family emergency arise. However I heard that there were many people who didn’t turn up as it was a cold and rainy night, and it was an outdoor audience call from 6pm and went into the early hours of the morning, so apparently some people who came left before they even started recording.

That's one of the baffling things about opting to pre-record television rather than do it live - it usuallly takes so much longer. I know the Aussie launches were never live and nowadays they barely do any primetime entertainment live - and pre-recorded or live Aussie reality shows rarely stick to time anyway - but had that been a live show it would have been done in two hours and the crowd released by 10pm.

This looks like it's gonna be even worst than the first season on 7. Honestly just by having a cast of all 'hotties' who want to hook up and then all the strat chat in which maybe 5-6 people across all 3 seasons might have known what they were doing, they are alienating the vast majority of their audience.The people who want to watch fun Characters are bored because there aren't any and the people who want to watch Strategy are also bored because no one knows what the hell they are doing and it's lame as hell compared with Survivor (maybe Traitors too but haven't seen that show).

Back